It's Really Hard To Make Cb In Currently Version

27 replies to this topic

#1 Mech Ranger

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 02:24 AM

500-600 damage = 200000 cb ( i thought it was 300000 or more before)

however coolshootx2 and 1uav = 120000 cb

so i only can got 80000cb left from one game~

a new mech with full custom equipment need 10000000cb at least

( not include testing fee and skill fee)

which means i have to play almost 100 game ~

now this game is kinda like world of Warcraft

Edited by Mech Ranger, 22 July 2018 - 02:25 AM.

#2 Atomic Hamster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 108 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:01 AM

View PostMech Ranger, on 22 July 2018 - 02:24 AM, said:

Is payout just based on damage?. This was from a match yesterday:

Posted Image

356,369 CB which is obviously more than 200,000 CB, damage within the 500-600 range.

FYI no premium time, but was using a loyalty mech (so 50% CB boost due to the event). Really worth using a hero/loyalty mech if you want C-bills, especially with the current event. No consumables used so pure profit.

Edited by Atomic Hamster, 22 July 2018 - 03:18 AM.

#3 Mech Ranger

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:15 AM

View PostAtomic Hamster, on 22 July 2018 - 03:01 AM, said:

Is payout just based on damage?. This was from a match yesterday:

Posted Image

356,369 CB which is obviously more than 200,000 CB.

FYI no premium time, but was using a loyalty mech (so 50% CB boost due to the event). Really worth using a hero/loyalty mech if you want C-bills, especially with the current event. No consumables used so pure profit.

what's the loyalty mech mean? never heard it before

#4 Atomic Hamster

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 108 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:24 AM

View PostMech Ranger, on 22 July 2018 - 03:15 AM, said:

Basically it's like a hero mech (same CB bonus) only free - I understand that they get given out every year, but the one I was using was a Centurion from some free promotion (NCIX?)

#5 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:25 AM

You get loyality mechs if you have been an active player/ pilot for a whole year, every year. So to speak. Then some time after, those loyality variants will be up for c-bills.

Heres an example https://mwomercs.com...rewards-program

And yeah, you save quite a bit of money not using consumables in the long run. I 99% never use consumables. And it does help with premium time and c-bill boosting mechs like loyality and hero mechs.

The NCIX mechs aint avaiable anymore, also I think there were some news a time ago, saying they went bankrupt or smth.

Here... https://www.anandtec...turing-attempts

Edited by Tordin, 22 July 2018 - 03:26 AM.

#6 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:32 AM

Well, they want to give you the incentive to spend money on the game. Free to play is quite doable, but a bit of a grind.

So you can spend money to buy MC and then use the MC to buy Hero Mechs. I currently have 2, a Medium and a Heavy, but I still feel like they do not have exactly have the best firepower when compared to some of my other Mechs.

Or you can spend money to buy premium time, which then translates into more exp and cbills.

Also, stop using all that many consumables, at least until you have a decent amount of money. I used Air Strikes and UAVs a lot in the beginning and never really recouped the cost. So I stopped using that, because - at least for me - they are hit and miss a lot. The only thing I still use is cool shot on my brawl Mechs, because it can literally save your life in a sticky situation.

Beyond that, I will continue using consumables when I have enough money and/or all the Mechs I want to try out.

#7 Josh Seles

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:34 AM

View PostMech Ranger, on 22 July 2018 - 03:15 AM, said:

They're free Cbill-boosted mechs that PGI gives away every December for spending money on MC and various stages of mechpacks.
The latest ones were for the Kit Fox, Urbanmech, Linebacker, and Victor.
They're denoted in game with (L) in the mech names, ex. UM-R68(L) for the Urbie.

#8 Mech Ranger

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:58 AM

View PostTordin, on 22 July 2018 - 03:25 AM, said:

You get loyality mechs if you have been an active player/ pilot for a whole year, every year. So to speak. Then some time after, those loyality variants will be up for c-bills.

Heres an example https://mwomercs.com...rewards-program

And yeah, you save quite a bit of money not using consumables in the long run. I 99% never use consumables. And it does help with premium time and c-bill boosting mechs like loyality and hero mechs.

The NCIX mechs aint avaiable anymore, also I think there were some news a time ago, saying they went bankrupt or smth.

Here... https://www.anandtec...turing-attempts

thank u very much~, i have some of those, and i never know that~

#9 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 05:10 AM

A new mech will can cost up to 20 mln. An LFE engine costs 4.5 alone. And the clan mechs are really worth lots of CB.

#10 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 22 July 2018 - 05:16 AM

Posted Image

I haven't had to post this one in a while, but it's always relevant for non-established players.

#11 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 05:59 AM

I'm not trying to defend the pricing of consumables (they should be a 1-time purchase instead of this nickle and diming BS), but if you want to make money, you really really should not be using consumables. I'm always shocked when I see guys on Twitch with barely any cbills blowing 2-4 consumables every match.

Consumables are strong, but they're a net drain on your cbills. You can get by fine without them if you put your points elsewhere.

Edited by Jman5, 22 July 2018 - 06:00 AM.

#12 Nameless King

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The King
  • The King
  • 692 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 06:01 AM

If you dont make enough to use consumables then stop using them.

View PostJman5, on 22 July 2018 - 05:59 AM, said:

I'm not trying to defend the pricing of consumables (they should be a 1-time purchase instead of this nickle and diming BS), but if you want to make money, you really really should not be using consumables. I'm always shocked when I see guys on Twitch with barely any cbills blowing 2-4 consumables every match.

Consumables are strong, but they're a net drain on your cbills. You can get by fine without them if you put your points elsewhere.

The Pricing is fine, most people just dont play well enough to get away with it.

#13 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 22 July 2018 - 06:13 AM

It's easy to make cb in game. Don't go spam all the uavs and strikes then just go kill the enemy. I got space rich without premium time using only the active pt won from events which runs automatically regardless. All I did was run c-bill boosted mechs for a very long time. I got a lot of space bucks and a lot of stuff I've built up over time. You don't need or have to be a wallet warrior here.

The stuff you get from supply caches? Stockpile it then sell off the lot. Engine swap your engine for IS mechs. Many mechs can use the 200-300 range engines. The 200,240,250,280 and 300 are the ones I swap the most. Never sell off an engine. Most would argue to not sell off mechs either but some times no matter how meta or derpy your load out a mech just won't work for you. Sell it then.

Uavs can easily make bank provided you get them over a lot of the enemy team especially so during events or when people are lrm/atm happy. You'll easily get back the 40,000 c-bill cost. Or give up five-six tons for narc and ammo.

#14 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 22 July 2018 - 06:13 AM

I haven't run with consumables since I started playing again, because they really can cut into your earnings especially if you use them at the wrong time. I sympathise with the OP, if you don't have some c-bill buffs from 'Mechs or Premium Time, it can become rather painful to earn cash. Doubly so if you are skilling up a new 'Mech at the same time. With that said I would caution, as much as possible, against playing the game in such a way - if you are constantly farming for something be it xp, c-bills or whatever, then you will never actually enjoy the game. If you aren't having fun while farming, you might well never have fun at all.

#15 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 22 July 2018 - 06:30 AM

a new mech with full custom equipment need 10000000cb at least

( not include testing fee and skill fee)

which means i have to play almost 100 game ~

now this game is kinda like world of Warcraft

Don't use consumables if you wish to grind C-Bills.

#16 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 July 2018 - 07:40 AM

I don't use consumables when farming for c-bills unless I have premium time running.

#17 Alex Deathson

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 07:42 AM

Mech Ranger, you're missing a huge chunk of your income, if you're just going by gameplay results alone. PGI is very generous when it comes to freebies and giveaways. As a World of Tanks, World of Warships and War Thunder veteran, all of which are Free to Play games, I can say that PGI puts them to shame when it comes to how we, the players, are rewarded for our time.

I have been running this account free to play for the last year, and I have a stable of 12 Mechs. I only have two pilots left to flesh out... one Assault Mech on 84/91 and my brand new Piranha at roughly 45/91. I also have about 5 million C-Bills in the bank and about 2000 Mech Credits waiting on a worthy purchase.

My total investment into the game has been a Tournament Supporter Pack.

TL:DR In game results are a fraction of what you're actually earning.

#18 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 22 July 2018 - 08:14 AM

Then don't use 2 coolshots and a UAV every game?

#19 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 22 July 2018 - 08:36 AM

View PostAlex Deathson, on 22 July 2018 - 07:42 AM, said:

Mech Ranger, you're missing a huge chunk of your income, if you're just going by gameplay results alone. PGI is very generous when it comes to freebies and giveaways. As a World of Tanks, World of Warships and War Thunder veteran, all of which are Free to Play games, I can say that PGI puts them to shame when it comes to how we, the players, are rewarded for our time.

Can confirm. WoT and WoWs are terrible for research and economy, its virtually impossible to go past tier 6 in more than one line without getting premium time or premium vehicles. WT is a lot better, but they like to play around with their economy a lot as well as 'soft balancing' vehicles that are clearly a bit OP with insane vehicle repair costs (and conversely they balance underperforming vehicles by giving them virtually no repair cost).

#20 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 09:07 AM

Dont use consumabkes. You dont really need them.

So easy to make credits in this game without premium. O e of the most forgiving games fir that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users