Sound, And Micphones

7 replies to this topic

#1 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:42 AM

I need some help.. i don't know if something changed or if im doing something wrong, (and i have not changed anything)

My plantronics headset, drops off and reconnects until i manually connect it, by acutally clicking "connect to"

It only does this when mwo client is running,

it started when the "1.4.111" patch came out, the incursion mode patch back in april

Ive been dicking with it ever since, b4 i have finally had enough and have to say something

im on a asus maxiums hero 6
(blue tooth dongle) csr bluetooth radio cambridge silcon radio limted

#2 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:53 AM

realtek hd onboard sound
in game im configured as

playback mode:default *there is a option for direct sound, and windows audio session

playback device : Bluetooth hands-free audio (blue tooth hands-free audio device)

play back device has a lot of options ,
defualt ,
speakers(realtek Hd audio),
bluetooth hand-audio (bluetooth hands-free audio device)
realtek digial output (realtek hd audio)
bluetooth audio renderer (blue tooth sterio audio)
realtek digital output(optical) (realtek Hd audio)

capture mode
same as playback mode
default *there is a option for direct sound, and windows audio session

then capture device
stereo mix (realtek hd audio)
Bluetooth audio input device (Bluetooth hands-free audio device)

#3 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:34 AM

anyone? can someone show me how your configured?

#4 Kaethir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 236 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY, USA

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:37 AM

Sorry, I have not the issue, nor the headset, nor the onboard audio you are using. Wish I could help.

#5 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:02 AM

i figured the only way to move on is to ask.. someone has to have something similar happening

thank you mechwarrior o7

#6 TypicalDogAct

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 01:26 AM

seems that no one is overly coming forward with the same setup as you ... so lets try some random and vague things ....

firstly, MWO will normally grab the 'default' device on a system, that is, whichever device is marked as default, within the windows 'playback devices', and its a bit hard to be certain which device you have selected as the default, but I assume it would be either 'bluetooth hand-audio' or 'bluetooth audio renderer', and I would firstly suggest trying the other one .... but I wouldn't hold your breath on that magically fixing everything ...

secondly, you say that you haven't changed any settings, but essentially, Bluetooth uses the same frequencies as wifi, so the environment could have actually changed around you within the last few months, and some bits of hardware will go a lot better than others in differing environments, firstly, try to optimize the line of sight pathways between the transmitters, sure the dongle might work plugged into the back of your case, it might drop out a lot less if you plugged it into a USB on the monitor ...

thirdly, wifi ... and microwaves, and well lets be honest, anything that uses a decent power draw, like a fridge or freezer, plasma tv, tesla coil in the corner, whatever, the 2.4ghz band is fairly susceptible to interference ... and FCC dictations require that devices 'accept' interference ... so, do you use wifi on your system, because pairing wifi and Bluetooth together is asking for trouble ... for people trying to get away from wifi, you want to be looking into Ethernet-over-power ....

fourthly, kind of random, but have you 'ever' paired the headphones with something else, like a phone maybe ... I've seen instances where a device couldn't continue its pairing, while being probed by another device ....

alternately, if you could tell us a little more info about exactly which model your dealing with, we might be able to generate some stuff more specific to it, for instance, we don't know what the type of battery it uses, wether they are rechargeable, and when they were last replaced ....

lastly, you might want to check the device manager and power profile settings, and make sure that it isn't trying to turn it off, to save power ... because that's the sort of genius stuff that happens in windows ...

#7 Lobster in Leggins

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 May 2024 - 05:23 AM

View PostBurning2nd, on 20 July 2017 - 02:42 AM, said:

I need some help.. i don't know if something changed or if im doing something wrong, (and i have not changed anything)

My plantronics headset, drops off and reconnects until i manually connect it, by acutally clicking "connect to"

it started when the "1.4.111" patch came out, the incursion mode patch back in april

Ive been dicking with it ever since, b4 i have finally had enough and have to say something

gonna necro that **** (`o´)

no, seriously.
i also had issues to get my mic working and hear other players.
for the mic, you have to open sound settings in windows.(lower right of the desktop theres a speaker icon.right click it and choose "open sound settings".then you have to open the blue text on the right side of the screen "sound system settings"
go into the microphone tab and uncheck "apps have exclusive control over the device" or something like that its called.
In the game audio options set playback (hearing players) to your main audio source (you can also check that in sound system settings) and leave the other option on default (no windows or direct sound)
under mic choose your microphone that you using (can also see in sound system settings) and leave everything other on default

Hope it helps if your issue still isnt solved in 2024 ^^

#8 Lobster in Leggins

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 May 2024 - 05:27 AM

View PostBurning2nd, on 20 July 2017 - 02:42 AM, said:

click on the speaker lower right of your desktop and open sound settings > right sight of the screen blue text "sound system settings" click > go into the microphone tab > right click mic > open settings > go to far right tab (advanced)
uncheck "apps have exclusive control over the device" voip shoud be working now

looks to me that in mwo audio settings you setup everything correctly.just chose playback and capture device leave the rest at default

hope this helps if you shoud still have the problem in 2024 or somebody else looking into this thread

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users