War Chest Event And Sale

271 replies to this topic

#21 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:54 AM

Seriously CW event? The most dead game mode and the most unbalanced one? Seems last Tukayyid was not daunting enough to drive of enough players. Please bring the much needed bug fixes, ques, MM and so on before making such an event again. Otherwise any number will be wrong from scratch with people just farming the rewards without caring for team work and so on.

#22 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:01 AM

View PostMeppoy, on 20 July 2017 - 09:16 PM, said:

Am I get it right? 100 games for ~2 weeks, it's 7-8 CW games per day. 7 games * 25 minutes (the game itself + waiting/loading) = at least 3 hours 15 minutes per day to get all the event rewards. Man. I'm kind of quite active player myself, but it's look a bit too much, isn't it?

P.S. Still, I'm happy about a new event incoming. And I'm also looking forward for the list of hero mechs on sale.

I'm sure it started out as simply "100k bonus for every qualifying match" and then someone pointed out a player might die from trying to do 72 hours straight, so they put a sanity cap on it.

I don't think they are expecting most players to do 100 matches.

#23 I cant want to

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:10 AM

bonus cbills enough to refit maybe 2 mechs if you are buying light engines

i hope there are a lot of pick-a-prizes or this hardly seems worth it

grinding qp with cbill bonus mechs would likely be the faster way to farm up some cash for refits

Edited by chaothulhu, 21 July 2017 - 01:11 AM.

#24 Jurosik

• PipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:26 AM

View Postchaothulhu, on 21 July 2017 - 01:10 AM, said:

bonus cbills enough to refit maybe 2 mechs if you are buying light engines

i hope there are a lot of pick-a-prizes or this hardly seems worth it

grinding qp with cbill bonus mechs would likely be the faster way to farm up some cash for refits

You can get 1M per CW match easily with cbill bonus mechs in dropdeck its much faster cbill farming then qp even without event cbill bonus.

#25 Ductus Hase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:41 AM

I love FP, THANK YOU for this event!

#26 Michael Knell

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 85 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:51 AM

Well the last quickplay Pick-A-Prize event was a complete grind for me in the last 6 days of it's duration, I played QP matches just for the prizes and even then I was thinking of simply stopping. I can only think how I will fill for the freakin FACTION PLAY matches. Thanks, but no thanks.

#27 Kalleballe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:51 AM

View PostJurosik, on 21 July 2017 - 01:26 AM, said:

You can get 1M per CW match easily with cbill bonus mechs in dropdeck its much faster cbill farming then qp even without event cbill bonus.

Only easy if you're in a unit farming pugs and winning every match with premium time. Solo pugging easy to only get 300k/match (no premium time).

#28 I cant want to

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:53 AM

View PostKalleballe, on 21 July 2017 - 01:51 AM, said:

Only easy if you're in a unit farming pugs and winning every match with premium time. Solo pugging easy to only get 300k/match (no premium time).

and only if there are plenty of kills
fast conquest, domination, assault, and even siege gen rushing wont do it

#29 Blunt_Object

• PipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 July 2017 - 01:58 AM

Why don't you actually start this on the OC Friday night so that we can have a few beers and enjoy the event??

#30 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 21 July 2017 - 02:47 AM

View PostBluntObject, on 21 July 2017 - 01:58 AM, said:

Why don't you actually start this on the OC Friday night so that we can have a few beers and enjoy the event??

^ This.

And I'd still like to know which Heroes will be on sale please.

#31 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:29 AM

Good call on the Faction Warfare event.

I just hope '100 games' isn't a milestone...that's gonna take forever...

#32 MacMasters

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:35 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 21 July 2017 - 03:29 AM, said:

Good call on the Faction Warfare event.

I just hope '100 games' isn't a milestone...that's gonna take forever...

Well, that`s called "content" ... Posted Image

The QP loot-a-bag event was quite enjoy- and doable ... but the same with FP? Ahem ... no, thanks.

#33 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:50 AM

Hey, if you don't like CW, don't play then. The only person that misses out is you.

Personally, I think it sounds like a fantastic event, and I am greatly looking forward to it.

#34 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:34 AM

Hey PGI - thanks for the event and sale - appreciated.

I wish that the FP event was after the leaderboard thingy though as I'm enjoying messying around with new mechs and and new tech... but not much of it would make its way into my drop deck(s). So dropping in FP/CW would mean not playing with my newest mech toys... the swag will need to be pretty appealing to switch ATM.

Edit: dispite misgivings and no CDS i have had fun having insta drops this avro. (Wish the reward bling included nova cats and vipers... again since no CDS).

Also pgi Please bump up clan drop weight and give us a 20ton mech).

Edited by chucklesMuch, 21 July 2017 - 10:58 PM.

#35 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:55 AM

They said the pick-a-prize was based on cumulative match score... So if you get 1,000 math score one match, you're gonna be pretty far ahead of the event, I think. That's what it sounds like, anyway. Details were all a bit vague...

I am curious which hero mechs will be on sale as well :3

#36 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 561 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:56 AM

Looking forward to this and I sincerely do hope that my ISP won't let me down again that much.
Curious about the milestones however. Oh well, free grabs. :)

#37 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:58 AM

View PostYUyahoo, on 20 July 2017 - 08:37 PM, said:

Well thats awesome if its true, but I thought that was the whole point of the penalty, when did this change happen?

You get less cbills income for playing while on faction desertion phase (dumbest thing pgi has ever done, only hurts casual whales and new players and makes people quit, doesn't effect OCD mechbay tour players.

View PostMeppoy, on 20 July 2017 - 09:16 PM, said:

Am I get it right? 100 games for ~2 weeks, it's 7-8 CW games per day. 7 games * 25 minutes (the game itself + waiting/loading) = at least 3 hours 15 minutes per day to get all the event rewards. Man. I'm kind of quite active player myself, but it's look a bit too much, isn't it?

P.S. Still, I'm happy about a new event incoming. And I'm also looking forward for the list of hero mechs on sale.

What he said needs repeating, I have insane OCD but 100 FP games in 13 days is a bit much that will take a lot longer than the QP version event did and pretty sure will be enough to smack some logic into my brain to play the event casually knowing it cant possibly be worth finishing (unless the rewards are insanely good (if its a free black colour i might have to try =/ )

View PostKrocodockle, on 20 July 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

No participation rewards for clan players? Won't it be hard for IS players to get match score if they keep ghost dropping?

The rewards are the same for both sides ? Please clarify your statement if you meant "eveyones IS coz all the new stuff is IS side" then i disagree.

View PostD V Devnull, on 20 July 2017 - 10:46 PM, said:

It won't be that much of a grind. You'll only need an average of 8 matches per day, if you put your best effort into it. Posted Image

Hello, Meppoy... I don't think you'll be stuck spending that long. Non-Siege rounds tend to not reach 25 minutes under most circumstances, just like how Siege mode doesn't last to 30 minutes. Posted Image

8 faction play matches per day is a grind for a hardcore player let alone a casual.

They tend to be quick when its premades stomping pugs when theres no events on, but when theres events pug vs pug games will go the full duration. Siege more so than the others.

View Postmad kat, on 20 July 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

I said this too at the last event, the time sink requirements were daft then. It took a week to just get three of the pick a prizes! The lucky dips were more rewarding!

I thought the QP was hard but reasonable at 2 hours commitment per day to get given stuff for keeping servers busy amd queue times down and therefore spending customers happier, This event at probably 3.5 hours commitment per day is too much as it currently appears.

View PostBluntObject, on 21 July 2017 - 01:58 AM, said:

Would Be nice if events started Friday Oceanic 7pm. Or would be nice if someone explained why it would be bad for anyone else.

#38 Terrastras Rex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 124 posts
  • LocationTerrawna

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:59 AM

Thanks for the FP love!

#39 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 05:01 AM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 21 July 2017 - 04:55 AM, said:

They said the pick-a-prize was based on cumulative match score... So if you get 1,000 math score one match, you're gonna be pretty far ahead of the event, I think. That's what it sounds like, anyway. Details were all a bit vague...

Oh if it its cumulative total match score bar for each milestone, not a per game 150 match score system adding up then it will probably be well balanced for 2 hours time commitment per day which sounds fair amount of time investment for rewards imho.

Then the extreme taters can boat ams to help their match scores.

Edited by Cadoazreal, 21 July 2017 - 05:03 AM.

#40 Composite Armour

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 05:24 AM

Will our contracts be reset for this event? My friends in my unit took a clan contract a few days ago but I want to go IS for the event. I've left the unit and now see no option to change my contract which has 4 days remaining. Which sucks because I've got about 3 clan mechs that are in any condition to be used.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users