6 replies to this topic

#1 Vincent Lynch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 21 July 2017 - 04:36 PM

Some Mech's weapon quirks are messed up, regarding the new weapons. I noticed it only for ballistics yet, but would bet it affects other hardpoint types too.
I don't know whether the quirks actually don't apply in game or are just wrongly displayed in Mechlab. Either way this should get fixed.

Just for example:
The KGC-000B has an "IS AC20 Cooldown Quirk" which, according to Mechlab, does only apply to the Standard AC20 but neither to the Ultra nor the LBX model.
I don't think it's deliberate because the "IS Gauss Cooldown Quirk" on the VTR-9K applies to both light and heavy gauss rifles too. (yes, you can't mount a heavy gauss on it, but mechlab does display the correct values)
The VTR-9K, on the other hand, also has an additional 5% Cooldown Quirk on all ballistic weapons, so the gausses should get 10% cooldown in total on it, which they all do, and all other ballistic weapons should get 5% cooldown, which they all do - except the rotaries, both of those get no cooldown bonus at all.
PGI, please fix this, or if this is deliberate, please display the quirks correctly for each mech. It might be a known error for Uziel and a few other mechs, but it seems to affect way more chassis than those mentioned in "known errors".

#2 Vincent Lynch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 28 July 2017 - 03:58 PM

Bump! For the following reason:
July 27th's Hotfix fixed exactly this problem, but ONLY for PPCs. Are you kidding me, PGI?
Or do you people just simply don't give a xxxx about other weapon systems?

#3 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:45 PM

View PostVincent Lynch, on 28 July 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

Or do you people just simply don't give a xxxx about other weapon systems?

You noticed!

#4 Eon Graywolf

Rookie

• The People's Hero
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:41 AM

I think all ac wpns should have the "outside cheat mod" incorporated into them so its no longer an outside cheat mod used by only some. The shake, blinding effect is far to much an advantage...making this outside mod a clear cheat that needs to be removed or incorporated into all ac wpns.

#5 FunkyT

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 139 posts
  • LocationAt the Front, overextending, with no support

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:20 AM

I'm somewhat sure that "IS AC 20" quirks are supposed to only work on standard AC20s. If I recall, there are some mechs out there that have general "UAC cooldown" quirks or something like that, impyling that standard ACs and UACs have seperate quirks.
LB-X-ACs definitely have seperate quirks. Something like the Legend Killer (Rifleman hero) has specific LB10 cooldown quirks.

You could go and check if "AC5 cooldown" quirks affect UAC5 cooldown. Think there is some IS mechs with that quirk. If that one doesn't do anything for UAC5s, I'd say AC means standard AC in their wording, nothing more.

So while Light, Heavy and Standard Gauss all fall into the Gauss type weapon and benefiting from the same quirks, ACs, UACs and LB-X-ACs are actually seperate weapon types with seperate quirks.

Edited by FunkyT, 04 August 2017 - 08:22 AM.

#6 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:18 AM

Weapon quirks which mention a specific rated size of a weapon class, only apply to THAT weapon. That's consistent throughout the game. There are IS mechs which specifically mention ER PPCs, different AC ratings and types, specific missile launcher sizes, etc. Clan mechs that list specific sizes of LBXs for example, even though they've always had all four sizes of them. I have a huntsman that has an LB-10X specific cooldown quirk, which thus doesn't apply if it I install an LB-5X instead. Some of the IS mechs with UAC anti-jam quirks specifically list the 5 size one, and others just say UAC and thus apply to them all. Likewise while the skill node of UAC/RAC is unified in the skill tree as applying to both (since it reduces the jam time duration), the anti-jam quirk for the UACs do not apply to RACs, because their jam mechanism is different.

Edited by Dee Eight, 05 August 2017 - 12:33 AM.

#7 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 05 August 2017 - 02:37 AM

It is worth noting however that IS mechs with "medium laser" quirks, the quirk applies to both regular and ER lasers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users