15 replies to this topic

#1 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:53 AM

If I change arms for C variant, do I keep all bonus like 20% MG RoF?
I prefer to ask before buying. I would then sell my C variant.

Oh while at it, when PGI list a MG quirk, it's about all the MGs, right? HMG, MG and LMG?

#2 Yellonet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:59 AM

If the quirk says only MG it should apply to all types of MG.

#3 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:01 AM

View PostRhialto, on 22 July 2017 - 05:53 AM, said:

If I change arms for C variant, do I keep all bonus like 20% MG RoF?
I prefer to ask before buying. I would then sell my C variant.

Check to see if it's a set of 8 quirk - they are listed separately on each OmniPod.

#4 Black Ivan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:33 AM

First please chck if it is a set bonus. If yes it will be lost. I tried HMGs on my Arrow. The 6 HMGs seem to not be bolstered by the MG Quirk

#5 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:43 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 22 July 2017 - 06:01 AM, said:

Check to see if it's a set of 8 quirk - they are listed separately on each OmniPod.

View PostBlack Ivan, on 22 July 2017 - 06:33 AM, said:

First please chck if it is a set bonus. If yes it will be lost. I tried HMGs on my Arrow. The 6 HMGs seem to not be bolstered by the MG Quirk

I think he's trying to do just that, which is why he asked. The store doesn't specify, nor does Smurfy. And I'm not buying one just to find out.

#6 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:50 AM

View PostEscef, on 22 July 2017 - 06:43 AM, said:

I think he's trying to do just that, which is why he asked. The store doesn't specify, nor does Smurfy. And I'm not buying one just to find out.

Funny I found out just now that you can go in store and bring the Hero in the MechLab without buying, there is a button for that. Of course any change made is lost but at least I was able to look at omnis. Bonus is gone, it's not in the set of 8, MG RoF is on the PR arms so if I replace with C arms, I get the C arms bonus, simple as that.

I've seen Purifier with 3 AMS a few times and I was looking for this also but I will have to think a bit more if any quirks make any difference. I mean if I get the PR or just look for another hero.

Still plenty of time for the hero sale so no hurry here.

#7 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:54 AM

View PostEscef, on 22 July 2017 - 06:43 AM, said:

You can view any 'mech in the Mechlab by selecting it from the store and clicked "View in Mechlab".

Quirk lists work, too.

The Ballistic quirks are split between both Purifier arms.

#8 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:12 AM

View PostRhialto, on 22 July 2017 - 06:50 AM, said:

Funny I found out just now that you can go in store and bring the Hero in the MechLab without buying, there is a button for that. Of course any change made is lost but at least I was able to look at omnis. Bonus is gone, it's not in the set of 8, MG RoF is on the PR arms so if I replace with C arms, I get the C arms bonus, simple as that.

I've seen Purifier with 3 AMS a few times and I was looking for this also but I will have to think a bit more if any quirks make any difference. I mean if I get the PR or just look for another hero.

Just FYI, the reason you buy the Purifier is because of the 4 energy mounts located very high in the torsos, no more, no less. If that isn't important to you, don't buy it. However, those mounts actually turn the Kitfox into a beast of a mech in my opinion because it opens up a ton of options for enhanced firepower that weren't present on the standard variants. Purifier is the one and only time that I felt that the Hero variant was flat out better than the standard variants.

#9 Methanoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:31 AM

you get the purifier typically for its pay to win 4x torso energy mounts which perform peek'a'boo perfectly, shame the c-er-med lasers now run far too hot to be useable and even fitting 1 of the new laser ams will shut your mech down when theres a constant stream of missiles flying overhead, stick to regular ams.

heres my old setup which now runs far too hot to be of any use due to the laser "buff", tbh they can have back that extra range we got on med lasers if i can have lower heat again.

Posted Image

#10 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:05 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 22 July 2017 - 06:54 AM, said:

You can view any 'mech in the Mechlab by selecting it from the store and clicked "View in Mechlab".

Quirk lists work, too.

The Ballistic quirks are split between both Purifier arms.

Yeah, I just looked at the quirk list without modifying the mech, didn't list what was or wasn't a set of 8 bonus. However, if you yank an Omnipod off and then look for it in the list of pods and highlight it, THEN you can see it. That's a LOT of hoops to jump through to get the information you want, and not all of them intuitive.

#11 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:32 AM

You can bring any mech into the mech lab now and mess around with them kinda like you would with Smurfys

No one uses it though and decided a third party is better then just staying in the game lol.

#12 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:55 AM

View PostEscef, on 22 July 2017 - 09:05 AM, said:

Yeah, I just looked at the quirk list without modifying the mech, didn't list what was or wasn't a set of 8 bonus. However, if you yank an Omnipod off and then look for it in the list of pods and highlight it, THEN you can see it. That's a LOT of hoops to jump through to get the information you want, and not all of them intuitive.

The quirk list PDF lists 8/8 quirks in the rightmost column.

The OmniPod itself lists the 8/8 bonus(es) of the chassis it's from - it(they) will be greyed out if the 8/8 is not complete.

#13 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:05 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 22 July 2017 - 09:55 AM, said:

The quirk list PDF lists 8/8 quirks in the rightmost column.

The OmniPod itself lists the 8/8 bonus(es) of the chassis it's from - it(they) will be greyed out if the 8/8 is not complete.

I didn't check the pdf. Like I said, jumping hoops to get info. I know it's common in this game, but I wasn't expecting this many hoops.

#14 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:09 AM

View PostEscef, on 22 July 2017 - 10:05 AM, said:

I didn't check the pdf. Like I said, jumping hoops to get info. I know it's common in this game, but I wasn't expecting this many hoops.

It is a little silly they can't just have this info on their website, or at *least* a pinned link to the latest quirk PDFs.

#15 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:09 AM

View PostRevis Volek, on 22 July 2017 - 09:32 AM, said:

You can bring any mech into the mech lab now and mess around with them kinda like you would with Smurfys

What I like about this is that you can also play with the camo. Unlike some players satisfied with basic green mech I really enjoy playing with colors and that's one reason I like Hero Mechs, they have unque camos.

#16 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 01:28 PM

You can see the whole mechs quirks in the stats.

You can see effect of individual omnipod quirks by hovering over them. On top are the individual quirks from that omnipod, below are 8/8 full set quirks. They have different colors, I recall 8/8 quirks are yellow and individual pod quirks green. If the set is not complete, it will display how many of the pieces are of the same, and the 8/8 quirks are greyed out indicating they are not in effect.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users