No More Min Range And Fix Class 2 Jjs

1 reply to this topic

#1 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:50 AM

Now that Chris has pulled the trigger on the long overdue gauss-ppc Ghost Heat connection (props on that btw. Not popular with some I know but a more effective and elegant solution to the long range accurate PPFLD issue) can we get these two issues fixed?

1. No minimum range. Just 1/2 damage inside min range. Boom. LRMs, IS and Clan, ATMs, all now viable alongside other weapons instead of niche must-boat weapons. Still weak up close to offset their strengths at range, still weak to a push, just not *helpless* to a push. That's critical and what seperates a spud farming feast/famine weapon that will never be taken seriously from weapons worth their tonnage and worth considering on any build. It makes regular PPCs suddenly a legit option for the IS. Any weapon that is situationally *worthless* (not weak, worthless) is functionally worthless. W goes faster than S so closing range is always viable, holding is not.

2. 2 ton JJs on 85+ ton mechs being useless isnt needed now that huge alpha PPFLD has been fixed by ghost heat. They're 2x as heavy already and bigger assaults are gimped on mobility. Making their JJs useless even for helping climb hills just eliminates them from play. Mobility changes and ghost heat changes have fixed the issues that drove the HoverJet changes.

Give us some good news changes. Rolling back power creep was a good, if painful thing. Now make some positive changes that won't involve power creep but will make more weapons and builds viable.

#2 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 22 July 2017 - 11:04 AM

Ooh! Allow for Hot-Loading LRMs! I'd totally Brawl with em!

Also, I've always thought regular ppcs were the best PPCs.

~Leone.

Edited by Leone, 22 July 2017 - 11:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users