Mwo Has Enough Mechs - Non Twitter Pole!

8 replies to this topic

Poll: MWO has enought mechs? (37 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think MWO has enough mechs?

1. Yes, MWO has enough mechs (2 votes [5.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.41%

2. No, MWO needs more mechs (7 votes [18.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.92%

3. No, but its ok if we don't get new mechs every month (10 votes [27.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.03%

4. I'll never be satisifed untill all the cannon mechs are out and playable! (5 votes [13.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.51%

5. MWO has too many mechs, some mechs should be removed! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. MWO has the mechs it deserves, but not the mechs it needs (3 votes [8.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.11%

7. Temporarily stop making new mechs, shift design focus to other things (10 votes [27.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 07 December 2016 - 12:56 AM

Does MWO have enough mechs?

Russ Bullock would like to know!

https://mwomercs.com...e-enough-mechs/

This thread contains a pole for all of you guys that don't use twitter..

Please, somebody link this to Russ on Twitter so he can see the results as well?

Edited by Vellron2005, 07 December 2016 - 12:57 AM.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:27 AM

Yay! Encourage people to vote where Russ won't care!

I wish more people.voted yes; they'd keep adding more mechs either way, but I'd really rather they start adding other content (custom geometry, what have you) as a revenue stream. So many mechs now, most new mechs are largely redundant.

But, of the people who bothered to vote, 2/3rds wanted more mechs.

#3 no one

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 533 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 10:12 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 07 December 2016 - 12:56 AM, said:

Does MWO have enough mechs?

A shift of resources from 'Mech asset development isn't going to speed the development of features in MWO, and realistically if PGI works more on core game features we'll just end up with more ghost heat v.n baindaids. If it was another developer, and I thought anything of value would be gained, then I'd love a refocus on game development.

#4 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:39 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 07 December 2016 - 08:27 AM, said:

Yay! Encourage people to vote where Russ won't care!

There's already a topic that leads you to vote on twitter, I posted this so people who don't use twitter could vote, and I did bloody ask somebody who DOES use twitter to post the results there...

#5 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:01 AM

View Postno one, on 07 December 2016 - 10:12 AM, said:

A shift of resources from 'Mech asset development isn't going to speed the development of features in MWO, and realistically if PGI works more on core game features we'll just end up with more ghost heat v.n baindaids. If it was another developer, and I thought anything of value would be gained, then I'd love a refocus on game development.

The people working on mechs could be working on other similar things.. like maps, AI units like tanks and elementals, and custom mech geometry, custom mech bays and such.. things the game could use to add much needed immersion..

#6 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:36 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 08 December 2016 - 04:01 AM, said:

The people working on mechs could be working on other similar things.. like maps, AI units like tanks and elementals, and custom mech geometry, custom mech bays and such.. things the game could use to add much needed immersion..

Well or they could rescale the Mechs again and modify the lego tech that it doesn't look like ****.
(for example would be awesome to have 7 kind of laser weapons rather than 1)
or to have a Gauss that not look like a Infantry Support weapon.

Those weapons are unique modeled for each hardpoint so there should be no problem to make them look good.

#7 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:17 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 08 December 2016 - 03:39 AM, said:

There's already a topic that leads you to vote on twitter, I posted this so people who don't use twitter could vote, and I did bloody ask somebody who DOES use twitter to post the results there...
the point is that Russ would be unlikely to see said results or really care. If he posts a Twitter poll, vote on the Twitter poll if you care.

I mean, I hate Twitter with a passion too, but if the thought of making an account to provide feedback where it's requested is too onerous, then obviously that person isn't very interested in providing feedback.

#8 SockSlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 08:54 AM

"MWO has the mechs it deserves, but not the mechs it needs"...My answer is due to the fact most mechs are in one way or another too similar in ability, this will get worse if quirks are removed, and devastating if modules are removed.

So, mechs like Piranha that has 12 machine guns would be a good release since the highest amount of ballistics allowed is 7 on the shadow cat.

PLEASE NOTE: I am for removal of non-lore things like quirks and modules, but not without new weapons to allow unique builds! Removing the quirks and modules without new weapon would be boring, especially for me.

#9 Alaric Howard

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:38 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 08 December 2016 - 04:01 AM, said:

I would even settle for close combat. I mean every time I bump into on ally I shave a percentage point off of his leg and mine. Let's throw in a Hatchetman! Really, you hear me PGI!? HATCHETMAN!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users