3 replies to this topic

#1 AnimePops

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 77 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, USA

Posted 23 July 2017 - 04:22 PM

Returning player and I was not aware of the Civil War changes. Regarding the quirks that say "IS...", what does that exactly mean? Does it mean all the new tech (ER, Heavy, Light, Snubnose, ETC) is clan and not IS? Example "IS PPC"? Does that mean ONLY normal PPC and anything modified in anyway is "NOT" IS?

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:21 PM

If it specifies a particular variant of a weapon ,such as "ERPPC" or "LRM 15" it only affects that specific weapon. If it uses the generic name, "PPC", "SRM", "LRM", it affects all of them, even if "PPC" is also a specific weapon.

"Medium lasers" includes ER Medium Lasers. "ER Lasers" includes all ER lasers but no non-ER lasers.

It's wierd and sort of inconsistent (there are no quirks applying ONLY to regular medium lasers or PPC's, for example) but whatever, it is what it is.

#3 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:32 PM

I was under the impression that IS <weapon type> included all types of that weapon. For example "IS PPC Velocity" would affect light, regular, ER, heavy and snub nosed PPCs, but "PPC Velocity" would only affect the regular one.
The latest mini-patch notes do mention that they've fixed PPC quirks not affecting all PPC types though, and since I haven't been in-game yet I don't know what to think any more

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:41 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 23 July 2017 - 05:21 PM, said:

It's wierd and sort of inconsistent (there are no quirks applying ONLY to regular medium lasers or PPC's, for example) but whatever, it is what it is.

There used to be medium laser only quirks. Those were dropped however.
Instead there is simply "Laser" which covers every type of laser and "STD Laser" which covers all non-ER, non-Pulse, non-Heavy lasers.

There's "PPC" quirks which affects all PPCs.
"STD" PPC which affects just the standard PPC (this might be renamed to "IS PPC".)

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 28 July 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

I was under the impression that IS <weapon type> included all types of that weapon. For example "IS PPC Velocity" would affect light, regular, ER, heavy and snub nosed PPCs, but "PPC Velocity" would only affect the regular one.

It could be this, too. As that would be more clear than "PPC" versus "STD PPC".

That's probably what happened, the generic "all PPCs" once called "PPC quirk" is now "IS PPC" and "STD PPC" may have been changed to "PPC".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users