New Mech_Con Site With Mw5 News!

37 replies to this topic

#21 Lorginir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:30 PM

Mw5 News!

Very good clickbait. Pity actual news are not there.

And site design is bloody awful.

#22 Rodrigo Martinez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 167 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:07 PM

Does it have custom event challenges with the war chest event?

#23 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 08:03 PM

Warhorn's not nearly as cool as last years :/ But, still worth it n.n

#24 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:54 PM

View PostBluntObject, on 28 July 2017 - 06:15 PM, said:

obviously if there is an OC team involved you will adjust all the times so that it's not some ungodly hour of the night/morning OR on a work day for people?

Hope so but that does mean every game, that team affects will be on hold to the weekend, then on hold again till the next weekend.

Then what happens if a NA team say no to a weekend game, who does PGI back?

Edited by live1991, 28 July 2017 - 10:56 PM.

#25 Helene de Montfort

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 262 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPays de Loire

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:55 PM

Current state of MWO doesn't tell much about the competence of PGI to make another Mechwarrior game.

#26 Shino Tenshi

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 67 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:39 AM

I just purchased a tournament supporter's pack based on the cut off date of December 31, 2017 listed on MechCon's website. I just noticed on the actual purchase page it's listed as December 9. That's more than 3 weeks less time for the bonus. I'm really hoping the proper date is December 31 and would love some clarification on this

#27 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 29 July 2017 - 05:15 AM

I wont be able to go, but all fun and have a great time to those who can.
Alot of meaty prizes for those who participate in the tournament it seems and alot of other things to do. Cant wait to see footage and such of the MW5mercs content and the Q&A's
Seems to be a pretty eventful and amazing time over the pond, so yeah I support this.

#28 Der Kopfsammler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 239 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 29 July 2017 - 05:30 AM

View PostMetalgod69, on 29 July 2017 - 02:02 AM, said:

Watched the latest video, great work so far ! I am especially happy, that you changed for unreal engine 4.

I am making my own experiences with this great engine, maybe i design some maps for you, for free, if you change mwo too, for ue4 engine. Posted Image

Hope that you put in in MW5, what MWO misses:
  • Everything should be destroyable. (I hate it for example, when i am stuck at the bog map in mwo, because of obstacles that my mech should destroy easily. Mechs can walk THROUGH most houses, if necessary, at least in lore as far as i know.)
  • Infantry (Infernow.), tanks, capital space ships, clan elementarys
  • More complex movements like to knee, to lean and most important using of fists (cockpit punshes) and feet for stomping (legging should make a mech drop aside). And all of this should be deactivatable, for noobs. Posted Image This would bring the community the long needed increase in gameplay mechanics, regarding close combat.
  • As far as i know the ue4 is capable of much more players, then the actual mwo engine. So it would be possible, to balance is and clan over the number of players. I always thought its kind of odd to pay for the battletech licence and then do so many things completly different.
Keep up the good work...

^ This... Absolutelly this! Also knocking down mechs and the ability to crouch... Posted Image That would be neat!

Make Mechwarrior Great Again!

Edited by Der Kopfsammler, 29 July 2017 - 05:31 AM.

#29 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:03 AM

MW5 is still a thing? Awesome.

Please, please, let it be a success.

#30 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:23 AM

Where's the „news“ about MW5? That's about the only thing that is of interest to me wrt to mechcon.

#31 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:25 AM

Watched the latest video, great work so far ! I am especially happy, that you changed for unreal engine 4.

I am making my own experiences with this great engine, maybe i design some maps for you, for free, if you change mwo too, for ue4 engine. Posted Image

• Everything should be destroyable. (I hate it for example, when i am stuck at the bog map in mwo, because of obstacles that my mech should destroy easily. Mechs can walk THROUGH most houses, if necessary, at least in lore as far as i know.)
  • More complex movements like to knee, to lean and most important using of fists (cockpit punshes) and feet for stomping (legging should make a mech drop aside). And all of this should be deactivatable, for noobs. Posted Image This would bring the community the long needed increase in gameplay mechanics, regarding close combat.
  • As far as i know the ue4 is capable of much more players, then the actual mwo engine. So it would be possible, to balance is and clan over the number of players. I always thought its kind of odd to pay for the battletech licence and then do so many things completly different.
Keep up the good work...

Regarding the fact that mechs could walk through buildings. Yeah they should. If you ever played Red Faction Guerilla and used the big walkers, you could easly do that.

Its a damn shame it looks RFG geo mod engine may have been ended with that game. Alot of game could have brough liscence to use it in their games. Heck even MW5 maybe, if violition have been up and running still.

Geo-mod engine was great, if not the THE best one, even better than BF frostbite engine regarding destruction. Also Nordic Games have had RF G 2 on the table for some time now. But thats beside the point.
I hope future MW titles, even MW5 will have similar freely destructible stuff with as "realistic" physiqs as possible for the Unreal engine 4. If its capable of that.

Edited by Tordin, 29 July 2017 - 08:31 AM.

#32 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:31 AM

There is a piece of MW5 news - there will be a playable version at MechCon.

#33 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:54 AM

Keep up the good work...

If a small Indie game like Fictorum can do it, one would hope MW5 can do it as well.

Not to mention the destructible buildings in Mechwarrior 2.

#34 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:10 AM

View PostShino Tenshi, on 29 July 2017 - 01:39 AM, said:

I just purchased a tournament supporter's pack based on the cut off date of December 31, 2017 listed on MechCon's website. I just noticed on the actual purchase page it's listed as December 9. That's more than 3 weeks less time for the bonus. I'm really hoping the proper date is December 31 and would love some clarification on this

Yes, the 31st is the End date!
the Tournament Supporter page has been updated! https://mwomercs.com/store/tournament

Also to the People want the original Supporter Items I am investigating what we can do there.

#35 QueenBlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • WC 2017 Bronze Champ
  • 710 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:35 AM

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__5846400

#36 WiNNiep00h

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:53 PM

Mech Con is on my birthday. sadly i can not be there, because i live in Germany :D

#37 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:34 PM

View PostWiNNiep00h, on 02 August 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

Mech Con is on my birthday. sadly i can not be there, because i live in Germany Posted Image

Are you trying to hint that we should be mailing presents? :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users