Now That Gauss Vomit Is A Thing Can We Have The Turkina?

73 replies to this topic

#41 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:56 PM

View PostKhobai, on 31 July 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

the direwolf is anything but great right now.

Since we are back on Gauss vomit, and ER MLs got their range back, and ER LLs have reasonable duration, its actually pretty good.

#42 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:00 PM

View PostKhobai, on 31 July 2017 - 01:24 PM, said:

obviously. because its using dual gauss. the nightstar with dual gauss doesnt run as hot as the battlemaster either.

the nightstar just falls behind because ISXL is so friggin gimped

The LFE and XL aren't what gimp the Gauss-Vomit build on the NSR; you can get to 60 kph easy with that on a mere LFE 350 and it will be cold enough. Slots and poor damage/range-per ton/slot on the lasers is the real killer. The more concentrated burst doesn't help in an assault vs. assault slugfest, because neither is fast enough to spread damage well. So the 55 on the NSR is quick, but it is only 55 and not dealing enough to stand against the 72-80. If you run the numbers, you get 58-59 damage out of the MC II over the full length of the IS burn from the NSR, with potential to do more as the situation warrants. The only way you can get an IS Assault into that damage bracket is with two or three large lasers and three or four ER Mediums which, even with an XL, leaves you no weight or space for heatsinks. Ivtried it on a Mauler. You get 12 DHS with an XL 300, and there is no room left over. Too hot.

The only way it works at all, regardless of the state of engines, is if PGI bumps the ghost heat limit on IS ERML to 8 (40 damage) and inflates the hardpoints in the right places.

#43 Brain Cancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:23 PM

youre not going to put six LRM15s/20s on a mech anyway. thats not really a viable build. If you use six LRM launchers its going to be smaller launchers like 5s or 10s for the much tighter spread, which will fit.

At that weight range I'd love to have six missile hardpoints for ATM use, and H/CT is near useless there. Of course, the champion of missile hardpointing would be the Bane, but most of those are arm mounts.

#44 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:25 PM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 31 July 2017 - 03:23 PM, said:

At that weight range I'd love to have six missile hardpoints for ATM use, and H/CT is near useless there. Of course, the champion of missile hardpointing would be the Bane, but most of those are arm mounts.

I believe 6 ATM9s is another option. ATM54 is probably pretty solid... ATM48 is devastating in the 3 damage per missile bracket.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 31 July 2017 - 03:26 PM.

#45 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:02 PM

Turkina will be alright in game...

If they buff/fix jump jets...thing will be rather mean

#46 Lucian Nostra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:52 PM

I say yes, like pointed out earlier I see it like the Supernova which is damn solid but with higher mounted arms.

I just really.. really.. REALLY wish they'd make JJs better so they'd be more attractive

#47 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:54 PM

JJ quirks!

Even without, 3 JJs is enough to scale buildings on Mining Collective and that can be useful.

#48 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:22 PM

All I want is all of mechs in MechCommander and MechCommander Gold, so I want to see Turkina.

#49 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:24 PM

View PostThe Lighthouse, on 31 July 2017 - 09:22 PM, said:

All I want is all of mechs in MechCommander and MechCommander Gold, so I want to see Turkina.

Don't forget the Stiletto!

Or the Hollander II!

Edited by Zergling, 31 July 2017 - 10:25 PM.

#50 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 10:34 PM

Yes, actually I really want Stiletto and Hollander II (or original Hollander). But realistically light mechs seem very unpopular so the chances are rather slim.

#51 jjm1

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:54 PM

I have been drawing up my own Turkina for the past few months. But I've lost a lot of momentum lately.

I made a sheet with all known lore omnipods for it though. enjoi.

Posted Image

#52 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:58 PM

View Postjjm1, on 31 July 2017 - 11:54 PM, said:

I have been drawing up my own Turkina for the past few months. But I've lost a lot of momentum lately.

I made a sheet with all known lore omnipods for it though. enjoi.

Posted Image

Just fyi, the C side torsos would both gain energy hardpoints from the legs in MWO.

#53 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:31 AM

PHX-IIC, Vapor Eagle (i want a jumping 55 tonner for ATM poptarting) or Stoned Wino.

Other mechs can all wait for cbills.

Edit: Blood Asp might turn me into a liar...

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 01 August 2017 - 02:31 AM.

#54 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:17 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 01 August 2017 - 02:31 AM, said:

PHX-IIC, Vapor Eagle (i want a jumping 55 tonner for ATM poptarting) or Stoned Wino.

Other mechs can all wait for cbills.

Edit: Blood Asp might turn me into a liar...

Now that PPC Goose isn't a thing whats special about the Stone Rhino that you can't do on a KDK? Can it Goose Vomit as well as the Dire? Or the Deathstrike even?

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 01 August 2017 - 09:17 AM.

#55 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:19 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 01 August 2017 - 09:17 AM, said:

Now that PPC Goose isn't a thing whats special about the Stone Rhino that you can't do on a KDK? Can it Goose Vomit as well as the Dire? Or the Deathstrike even?

No ingame special reason, its 'my' nostalgia mech from MW2, can still hear the announcer in that game (ghost bear legacy? maybe) saying "Stone Rhino" when you select the mech.

edit: That said, 2xUAC10 + 2xERPPC is one of my favourite clan loadouts for some reason anyway, and it would do that pretty well.

Edited by Widowmaker1981, 01 August 2017 - 09:22 AM.

#56 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:25 AM

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 01 August 2017 - 09:19 AM, said:

No ingame special reason, its 'my' nostalgia mech from MW2, can still hear the announcer in that game (ghost bear legacy? maybe) saying "Stone Rhino" when you select the mech.

edit: That said, 2xUAC10 + 2xERPPC is one of my favourite clan loadouts for some reason anyway, and it would do that pretty well.

Have you tried 4 UAC5s and 2 ER PPCs? Its probably my favorite KDK-3 build right now. 3 UAC5s and 2 ER PPCs on the MAD-IIC-A is also beastly.

But yeah, I can't argue with your nostalgia, but the Dire Turkey could also do dual ER PPC dual UAC10 well. The Dire can do Dual ER PPC Dual UAC10 and an extra UAC5 for good measure LOL.

#57 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:52 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 01 August 2017 - 09:25 AM, said:

Have you tried 4 UAC5s and 2 ER PPCs? Its probably my favorite KDK-3 build right now. 3 UAC5s and 2 ER PPCs on the MAD-IIC-A is also beastly.

But yeah, I can't argue with your nostalgia, but the Dire Turkey could also do dual ER PPC dual UAC10 well. The Dire can do Dual ER PPC Dual UAC10 and an extra UAC5 for good measure LOL.

Yeah but the Turkey and the Dire are both stuck at 48 kph, and dont/wont have godlike armour buffs to make up for it like the annihilator.. i prefer a little bit more speed if possible (supernova / highlander / mauler is my minimum really, except for the Anni.) Stone Rhino could be expected to get a 360 engine cap. Having said that the Blood Asp would do the same build, or 3UAC5 2xERPPC, in better mounts, faster and with ECM for 10 tons lighter..

#58 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:57 AM

A worse Direwolf, when the Direwolf is bad, doesn't sound like a mech that should be on the priority list.

#59 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,776 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:00 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 01 August 2017 - 09:17 AM, said:

Stone Wino 2 has 3E in each arm and 1B/1E in each side. It is more vulnerable because the Gauss isn't in the arms though and honestly I would worry about it being squishier than the MKII or Whale because of it, but it can match both in loadouts at the very least.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 01 August 2017 - 10:01 AM.

#60 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:04 AM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 01 August 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

A worse Direwolf, when the Direwolf is bad, doesn't sound like a mech that should be on the priority list.

The Dire Wolf isn't bad. Your point is invalid.

And "worse" remains to be seen. I have a hard time believing PGI would just release the mech and not give it anything to make up for its shortcomings vs the Dire (such as mobility, which is something that they have done in the past for mechs that seem like they would obviously underperform, e.g. SNV-1). And tbh, without the missile racks on the shoulders, I think it has better geometry.

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 01 August 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

Stone Wino 2 has 3E in each arm and 1B/1E in each side.

So shoulder Gauss? Sounds like something YOU wouldn't like...

Not to mention you lose the arm articulation on it. I kind of like having 94 damage with full vertical articulation, lol.

View PostWidowmaker1981, on 01 August 2017 - 09:52 AM, said:

Yeah but the Turkey and the Dire are both stuck at 48 kph, and dont/wont have godlike armour buffs to make up for it like the annihilator.. i prefer a little bit more speed if possible (supernova / highlander / mauler is my minimum really, except for the Anni.) Stone Rhino could be expected to get a 360 engine cap. Having said that the Blood Asp would do the same build, or 3UAC5 2xERPPC, in better mounts, faster and with ECM for 10 tons lighter..

Honestly, I want all of the assaults you have mentioned lol. I love assaults. My OCD just wants the Turkina because I think we should have it, and frankly, it wouldn't be bad at all, just probably not super competitive. Still, depending on a couple of factors, it could be a nice stand in for a Dire so you can have a duplicate of something else... and its not cash only like the Deathstrike.

Edited by Gas Guzzler, 01 August 2017 - 10:05 AM.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users