Tournament Supporter Pack Is Here!

65 replies to this topic

#41 Niebaum

• PipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:11 AM

You have to redeem it. Look in the your email, there should be second email with the code.

P.S. victory payment in the FW gets also 10% boost.

I did.

Edited by Niebaum, 02 August 2017 - 08:12 AM.

#42 Frisian Rebel Ace

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:36 AM

WHy is the comp team section allready closed, it would be closed later.

#43 ShooteyMcShooterson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 290 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:39 PM

For clarity's sake...

Wasn't last year's supporter pack warhorn a techno sounding blare that sounds sort of like the Envious Eardrum warhorn? (Listen here: https://soundcloud.c...r-warhorn-sound)

And the WC participant warhorn sounds like a crowd cheering? (Listen here: https://soundcloud.c...r-warhorn-sound)

This year's supporter horn is meh. (Listen here: https://soundcloud.c...pporter-warhorn)

But for $10, and with the other items and boost you get, and the support you give to the tournament, it's a good value.

Edited by ShooteyMcShooterson, 02 August 2017 - 12:42 PM.

#44 Thomasso

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 54 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationKraków, Poland

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:37 AM

View PostShooteyMcShooterson, on 02 August 2017 - 12:39 PM, said:

For clarity's sake...

Wasn't last year's supporter pack warhorn a techno sounding blare that sounds sort of like the Envious Eardrum warhorn? (Listen here: https://soundcloud.c...r-warhorn-sound)

And the WC participant warhorn sounds like a crowd cheering? (Listen here: https://soundcloud.c...r-warhorn-sound)

This year's supporter horn is meh. (Listen here: https://soundcloud.c...pporter-warhorn)

But for $10, and with the other items and boost you get, and the support you give to the tournament, it's a good value.

No, crowd cheering is 2016 Supporter Pack warhorn, while techno sounding one was introduced right before 2016 tournament.

#45 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:38 AM

I said I don't like the warhorn, and I'm still disappointed, but I bought the pack anyway as a little support for PGI and a thank you for the fun I'm having with the new equipment.

I don't really buy mech packs anymore and this was only €8,30 so yeah.

Edit: Just saw that buying it will also net me 2 hanging cockpit items, 2 warhorns and 2,5M C-bills extra for the coming event as well, now that's nice!

Edited by SnagaDance, 03 August 2017 - 12:40 AM.

#46 Aldodrem

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:19 AM

Can you please make it so I can buy this with Steam Wallet Funds. I can buy anything else in the in game shop via MC and Steam Wallet Funds but I can't buy this since it redirects me to a storefront page out of Steam.

#47 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:14 AM

View PostAldodrem, on 05 August 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

Can you please make it so I can buy this with Steam Wallet Funds. I can buy anything else in the in game shop via MC and Steam Wallet Funds but I can't buy this since it redirects me to a storefront page out of Steam.

Well you could but you're choosing not to to - theres a distinction.

The reason its unlikely to happen is that Steam take a 30% cut of the payments and 50% is already going to the pot.

#48 Ade the Rare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 186 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:04 AM

View PostAramuside, on 07 August 2017 - 12:14 AM, said:

Well you could but you're choosing not to to - theres a distinction.

The reason its unlikely to happen is that Steam take a 30% cut of the payments and 50% is already going to the pot.

Woah 30%?! And they still can't make a decent CSGO map...

#49 Heer

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:45 AM

View PostBurningtoast, on 01 August 2017 - 03:47 AM, said:

I bought the Supporter pack as well. I received an email receipt of the transaction but no code to redeem the items.
Anyone else have this happen to them?

Yes - trying to figure out why 4 days later I still do not have a code emailed to me - have asked support

#50 Deeber

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 90 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:53 PM

View PostDeeber, on 31 July 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

In case anyone might be wondering, it seems that if you are a recipient of the 2016 and 2017 Tournament Supporter Packs then you do not receive the Patron Saint title. The advertisement's wording (players who "bought" the packs) is accurate, but different from other items (e.g., annual loyalty rewards, where someone receiving a mech pack as a gift counts as the owner/purchaser in terms of qualifying for rewards).

Oddly enough, I've just received the Patron Saint title on my account, some 10 days later (and I have logged into the game several times during that period). It seems that we do receive the title if we received both packs as gifts, rather than only through direct purchases. Posted Image

#51 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:52 PM

View PostDeeber, on 10 August 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

Oddly enough, I've just received the Patron Saint title on my account, some 10 days later (and I have logged into the game several times during that period). It seems that we do receive the title if we received both packs as gifts, rather than only through direct purchases. Posted Image

Yeah there was a dev comment on one of the event threads which referenced having remedied a problem where people receiving them as gifts. Posted Image

#52 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:41 AM

Got one !!

Thanks for the 10% boost.

#53 FireStoat

• The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 03:12 PM

The "Going Ballistic" new event doesn't seem to have the bonus prizes for the 2017 tournament supporters listed, and when I went over to the old Tournament web page for MWO, that seems to be discontinued (double exp weekend was the final event listed).

Any insights to the situation would be appreciated.

Edited by FireStoat, 19 September 2017 - 04:02 PM.

#54 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:54 PM

There's not really any wiggle room here...from the tournament pack page:

Each event run between the launch of the Tournament Supporter Pack and the MWO WC 2017 Finals will also contain Additonal Rewards for players who own (or are gifted) the MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Supporter Pack 2017.

I'd be willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that this could be a display issue with the clunky in-game browser (after all, for a while the entire event wasn't showing up for some people), and had the event page been featured on the website instead/in addition, perhaps this 'display error' might not have occurred.

#55 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:31 PM

I'd like to know too about the bonus rewards for this Ballistics event.

EDIT: Glad to see the change has been added to the Event page, double rewards for tournament pack owners thumbs up!

Edited by arcana75, 20 September 2017 - 06:47 PM.

#56 A Hobo with a Shotgun

• Pip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 12:27 PM

Didn´t get bonus reward from last Factionplaychallenge.... meh.

#57 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:10 AM

Will we get the bonus from the support pack after Day 6? It's Day 5 already, but upon conclusion of Days 1 to 4, no bonus rewards after completing the challenges.

#58 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:31 AM

Well, the 6 Day Event came and went, but no injection of bonuses for having the Support Pack.

#59 dr3dnought

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 05:00 AM

View Postarcana75, on 12 October 2017 - 01:31 AM, said:

Well, the 6 Day Event came and went, but no injection of bonuses for having the Support Pack.

I'd give it 48 hours from the end of day 6. Tournament supporter rewards for the last faction play event were not injected immediately after the event either, but they did come.

#60 Darrious Quinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:03 AM

I just wish we could get some official assurance that we would in fact be receiving an extra bonus from the Tourney pack. What was the bonus for the last FP event? Going Ballistic was a doubling of all claimed rewards, which was very cool and made it worth doing. I'd be happy with a CB bonus or a small MC purse. Just something to make good on their original statement of,

Each event run between the launch of the Tournament Supporter Pack and the MWO WC 2017 Finals will also contain Additional Rewards for players who own (or are gifted) the MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament Supporter Pack 2017.

Which is right there on the main sales page still.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users