• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 401 posts
  • LocationComStar Cafeteria

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:47 AM

When it comes to having a loyal companion you are proud of nothing
Beats it. Talk about your best buddy on here. Doesn't matter what type of
Dog. I'll start with mine.

Of course growing up we had the family dog. But I'm going to talk about my dog.
I am now 27 and I decided to get my own puppy two years ago. It was time in my eyes
To have one that was my own.

I knew what type of dog I wanted. I wanted a blue chow. Full breed and open faced.
And I found an actual breeder who lived a few hours away that actually had just had some.baby
Chow puppy's. I got really lucky. Of course they don't come cheap. It was about
$800 for the puppy I chose. He looked like a little baby bear cub. As all baby chows
Do. I signed all the paper work. And took my new pup home.

I named him Bear. I know... typical right? But it just fit so.well. Chows are
A special type of dog. They get really bad Raps just like Pit Bulls. Because they
Are known to be really mean and hostile. And I have learned that it is how they are
Raised. Now I'm not saying that Bear isn't hostile towards new people.
I think all.chows have that instinct in them and are more hostile than other dogs would.be.

So having Bear meet new people is difficult. But if you want to talk about loyalty and a man's
Best friend then I have never ever had a dog like this. Never had I seen such a thing before.
He knows how to make me laugh by doing funny things. He knows how to comfort me when I'm down.
He never poops in the house or pees. And the one time that he did he wouldn't look my in the eyes for a whole day because of how embarrassed he was.

Having a full breed Chow is definitely not the easiest or best choice for everyone.
But I wouldn't trade Bear for anything in the world. And I protect him just like he protects me.

A few months ago someone tried to break into my home. I was in the shower when it happened
The person made it into my kichen. I heard Bear barking and growling and snapping so loud
I could.hear it from within the shower. Then I heard a bunch of stuff fall over and loud
Thuds. I ran out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body and grabbed
The pistol from my room which was under my bed. I ran downstairs and bear was going crazy and snapping at the door. When he saw me he ran to my side and kept looking at the door.
There was a pool of.blood leading to the door. And part of this person's pants on the floor.

I held the gun tight in my hands and walked to the door. I looked out and saw this
Man laying in the grass holding his ankle. I called the cops and held the man until they got there.
Bear stood by my side. I noticed blood coming from bears head. It was Bears blood.
The guy had kicked bear in the head. I'm not sure if this was before or after Bear attacked.

Anyways. No one has messed with me since and probably won't ever.
Bear is going on two and half years old now and I love him to death.

#2 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:16 AM

Lucy: She is a Pit Bull Terrier mix that was abandoned in an apartment and left to die. I am now her owner and she is a wonderful companion. Short white fur with brown spots, loves to chase after thrown stick.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users