• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:05 PM

View PostAkula0815, on 03 August 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

It´s easy. No banked time. No money.

I´m sick of companies reducing things silently and after a customer shitstorm giving back a little.

Then I guess it is an easy decision for you and it does not affect me if you buy the pack or not.

#42 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:41 PM

That faint whimpering noise is the last vestiges of hope leaving my poor Cataphracts :(
I'm also glad I held off on adding the Nova Cat to my Nightstar preorder

#43 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:16 PM

360 torso rotation?

#44 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 06:21 PM

Looks good. All variants with jump jets and ecm. Side Torso's will be like barn doors, but you can throw in a light XL and still have over 27 tons of pod space. Looks like the weapon mounts will be somewhat high, which is also good.

I am predicting it will perform well, but I can't agree that it will be the death of all other heavy chassis.

Regardless, I am not going to purchase it no matter how tempting it is. I have stopped buying stuff for this game and am sticking to it. Not because of premium time, game changes, the usual stuff everyone complains about, etc. I am staying away from it because items in MWO a just too expensive, especially if you are completionist like I am. Meaning I'd have to get the ultimate pack. LOL

You can purchase an entire game for the price six mechs cost you in MWO.

I added up what I spent on this game in the last few years and it made me sick to my stomach. I played WoW for years and even with the monthly subscription I didn't spend half as much as I did on this game in half the time.

I am just too poor for MWO.

#45 StealthdragonB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:15 PM

View PostLionheart2012, on 03 August 2017 - 06:16 PM, said:

360 torso rotation?

You mean max engine rating? All of them but 4S and HA have a 360 max engine rating, the other 2 have 400 max engine rating. There's nothing to suggest it will end up being the urbie's big brother with 360° torso rotation.

#46 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:46 PM

Meanwhile... my Timber Wolf looks at its negative quirks and locked equipment in disbelief.

Edited by Charles Sennet, 03 August 2017 - 07:47 PM.

#47 malz79

• PipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSingapore / East Timor

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:22 PM

NO GOLD THANNY?

#48 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:20 PM

Oh my, you went full ECM. With jump jets. Wow. That's some serious top level mech right there.

What's the biggest ECM jumper Clan has, Shadow Cat at 45 tons? That mech will unfold many new things. It will very be intresting to fight againts it.

#49 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:29 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 03 August 2017 - 11:43 AM, said:

Cool to see this one get in the game...although from the artwork it looks to be one the the least "XL-safe" mechs out there....those side torso's are just begging to get shot off. Should be good for LFE sales on the ones that come with the stock XL

with light engines there isn't a reason to take a XL in anything but a light and some mediums.

#50 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:46 PM

View PostPeeWrinkle, on 03 August 2017 - 06:21 PM, said:

Side Torso's will be like barn doors

I expect it to be as wide as the Grasshopper with a bit more side torso than CT. I doubt it will be much bigger than the Grasshopper or Summoner.

View PostFrost Lord, on 03 August 2017 - 09:29 PM, said:

with light engines there isn't a reason to take a XL in anything but a light and some mediums.

I run an XL on my Grasshoppers, because I usually get cored out CT before I lose my torsos even when I am torso twisting.

#51 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:14 PM

Damn. That looks sweet. Powercreep? Let's see the ingame profile first, it might be stripped of ST's in seconds as wide as it is. I might go for this one, though.

Edited by Bluttrunken, 03 August 2017 - 10:15 PM.

#52 zzoxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 133 posts
  • LocationGermany - Eifel

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:41 PM

View PostLionheart2012, on 03 August 2017 - 06:16 PM, said:

360 torso rotation?

I'm pretty sure in Mechwarrior 4 (MekTek) the Thanatos XT had 360° Torso twist range. My old spreadsheet says the Blood Asp had also, sooo...

EDIT: I wasn't quite sure anymore so i opened up MW4. Regular Thanny and XT had 360° torso twist range.
So this question gets more and more interesting.

Edited by zzoxx, 03 August 2017 - 11:13 PM.

#53 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:07 PM

See kids, thats why you don't do steroids.

T5 gonna lovehate the 5M arm togetehr with ecm.

Edited by Lily from animove, 03 August 2017 - 11:09 PM.

#54 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:15 PM

Wow, we get a 75t ECM stealth armor double gauss capable jump sniper.

Not that there was a 70t double gauss capable non-ECM non-stealth jump sniper that got nerfed to the ground and has the agility of a 90t assault now...

In regards to the probably upcoming Piranha... Remember what they did to the last clan light Battlemech? Yeah, the towering walking missile sponge the Jenner IIC currently is.

#55 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:46 PM

like the look, but kinda doubt it adds something new. well of course the ecm, but apart from this the hitboxes are easy to mess up and then easy to hit, XL is a no-go (why they deliver it with some in this config. i have no idea, probably to give a few millions c-bills back) and some of the variants look a bit low on hardpoints. i will pass, but its still an awesome sight and will be a pain on my shiny metal backside in the hands of a capable foe.

#56 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:48 PM

View PostGasoline, on 03 August 2017 - 11:15 PM, said:

Not that there was a 70t double gauss capable non-ECM non-stealth jump sniper that got nerfed to the ground and has the agility of a 90t assault now...

In regards to the probably upcoming Piranha... Remember what they did to the last clan light Battlemech? Yeah, the towering walking missile sponge the Jenner IIC currently is.

"towering"? it's the same size as pretty much every other 35-ton light. A light is only a missile sponge if you're a completely incompetent light pilot, especially given most mechs built to specialize to kill lights end up finding out they completely SUCK at fighting anything else, which is why it's pretty much any semi-decent light pilot's obvious tactic to run them into something that'll kick their ***. this is a TEAM game, after all.

done plenty of matches in my Wolfhound, Firestarter and Panther, and all three are still solid performers, even with the size-up they recieved. the Jenner IIc is no different in the hands of someone who bothered to learn to actually pilot it, just like the IS Jenner, of which i've known several good pilots of, one specifically of whom was really really good at making weapons fire aimed at his mech end up hitting hostiles he was dodging around, one time in particular causing a Dev in an Atlas we were in a match against headshot a friendly Hunchback by doing so on his Jenner.

Edited by Arkhangel, 03 August 2017 - 11:53 PM.

#57 Brut4ce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 364 posts
  • LocationLand's End

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:50 PM

View PostCharles Sennet, on 03 August 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

Meanwhile... my Timber Wolf looks at its negative quirks and locked equipment in disbelief.

And my Night Gyr too; But don't worry, they will get theirs too, during the after sales service support from the manufacturer. :D

#58 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:02 AM

View PostGasoline, on 03 August 2017 - 11:15 PM, said:

The SRM-boat Jenner IIC and Arctic Cheetah are still quite viable in the hands of a skilled pilot.

#59 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:34 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 03 August 2017 - 11:48 PM, said:

"towering"? it's the same size as pretty much every other 35-ton light. A light is only a missile sponge if you're a completely incompetent light pilot, especially given most mechs built to specialize to kill lights end up finding out they completely SUCK at fighting anything else, which is why it's pretty much any semi-decent light pilot's obvious tactic to run them into something that'll kick their ***. this is a TEAM game, after all.

done plenty of matches in my Wolfhound, Firestarter and Panther, and all three are still solid performers, even with the size-up they recieved. the Jenner IIc is no different in the hands of someone who bothered to learn to actually pilot it, just like the IS Jenner, of which i've known several good pilots of, one specifically of whom was really really good at making weapons fire aimed at his mech end up hitting hostiles he was dodging around, one time in particular causing a Dev in an Atlas we were in a match against headshot a friendly Hunchback by doing so on his Jenner.

That's being disingenuous at best though I'm sure you enjoyed your rant. As much as I love them Jenner IIC's are renowned for their CT vulnerability which is why we shoot and scoot.

Not that personally I'd call them tall just vulnerable.

#60 Gasoline

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 338 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:46 AM

View PostAramuside, on 04 August 2017 - 12:34 AM, said:

That's being disingenuous at best though I'm sure you enjoyed your rant. As much as I love them Jenner IIC's are renowned for their CT vulnerability which is why we shoot and scoot.

Not that personally I'd call them tall just vulnerable.

Yeah, towering was a bit exaggerated. It has very bad hitboxes tho and is the one underperformer in my light roster. I did a LOT better in my IS Jenners.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users