Clan Nova Prime..med Las Heat

7 replies to this topic

#1 Verkhne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 299 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:25 PM

The Nova prime gets a 5% energy heat quirk and a 5% med laser heat quirk. Equipping heavy med lasers only gets a 0.4 reduction. Does the med laser heat quirk not apply? (an extended range medium laser also has a qualifier for instance..)

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:48 PM

Med las quirks apply to regular med las only.

#3 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:50 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 04 August 2017 - 05:48 PM, said:

Med las quirks apply to regular med las only.

The Clans don't have regular Med Las though.

#4 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:52 PM

View PostFupDup, on 04 August 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

The Clans don't have regular Med Las though.

Fine and well Mr. Semantics, you know he means the ER Medium Laser.

#5 Verkhne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 299 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:32 PM

Yes, Clan has Extended Range ML and Heavy ML, PGI needs to get up to speed with their quirks, usually the verbiage applies to a larger set unless defined... ( so clan med las quirks should really be defined as ERMl or the heavy lasers need to benefit..rushed patch perhaps?)

#6 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:40 PM

Yes Verkhne, rushed patch as everything PGI produces... leaves that morning after feeling you get after a long night of drinking and breaking down and buying a pack of smokes. Yuck.

The heavy medium is honestly somehwhat balanced against the ER Med and Med Pulse atm, especially when compared to the other heavy lasers in the Clan aresenal. Maybe go to the Patch section and make a post, as it should be changed then from Medium laser to ER Med, or should be altered to include the H-MEd

#7 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 07:24 PM

Im using 8 heavy mediums on a Nova. I don't usually play mediums because I find them difficult to build and operate. I tried to have more sensible build with sustainable firepower, but that didn't seen to work.

It's easy to see if the medium laser quirks apply, check two weapons with similiar heat. Like heavy med and ERL. If the ERL has only little bit more heat reduction as displayed in the popup, it means the heavy med doesn't get anything more than skill nodes that apply to everything.

Huge quick alpha and then hiding behind cover works. I hate that, I get it that most assults should not be exposed for long times but even a medium can't pull it off.

#8 Verkhne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 299 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:19 AM

Interesting, for my Battlemaster G, which has a med laser quirk, it does apply to both IS med las and IS er med las!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users