#21 Athom83

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:58 AM

View PostVincent DIFrancesco, on 14 August 2017 - 07:22 AM, said:

At least when I gamble, pretty ladies keep bringing me free drinks and food. :-)

So the MWO version is pretty mechs bringing you free small lasers and coolshot18s?

#22 Smites

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:51 PM

View PostBombast, on 13 August 2017 - 06:30 PM, said:

Gambling systems that reward more gambling? I'm weary of such a system.

Perfected gambling. Never-mind the moral and ethical concerns this raises. It's a video game. Posted Image

View PostPaigan, on 14 August 2017 - 06:20 AM, said:

Nice idea from "our" (player) point of view, but it has one fatal flaw:

You try to fix it to let the player get out a profit in the end.
However, every gambling system is designed to make the player lose in the end and make the bank (here PGI) a profit.
Otherwise, the bank would go bankrupt and the gambling would disappear.

The caches are meant to make PGI money in the long run via most people's inability to grasp probability.
It's not meant to safe the players from spending MC/money, because that would eventually hurt the game.

Right now, and this is purely based on subjective observation, I suspect that most players prefer to sell their caches or buy only a few keys. My system would encourage players to get more keys, and thus spend more MC - it's like the long way of buying a mech. You might even spend more MC doing it that way.

#23 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:24 PM

View PostBombast, on 14 August 2017 - 08:26 AM, said:

The junk items ARE the fail result.

Well you know you do have a choice to take 50k, OR open it.. there are only a few items in the crates that are worth less than 50k. (IMO this is the one thing that needs to change, make the min sold value start at 60k) SO those items that are under, just up the number, SRM2's jump out as one that they could double up on for instance.

But i keep track of my opens when i do them, and sold value hovers right about 200k per crate on average. (as i stated i open all crates so i do get those random items that sold value is under 50k, but they are pretty rare. For a new player that might need the item though, it's typically worth 80k-100k anyway)

Besides if you open enough just the money in free bays alone/premium time is more than worth the open fee. I save all my premium time crates for when have the time to play a bunch over a day/weekend, or when i am leveling a few mechs. More often than not if i open a handful of crates with premium i'll get at least a day. that means that 25MC, just turned into 2-4m bonus easy.

So how exactly is this a bad thing?

#24 InfinityBall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 405 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:51 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 14 August 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

Besides if you open enough just the money in free bays alone/premium time is more than worth the open fee.

If you ever get either of those,

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users