31 replies to this topic

#21 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:33 AM

Personally, I'm done posting and getting circular logic, unsubstantiated claims, inflammatory rhetoric, SJW antics, and personal attacks (that go unchecked) as responses. Instead of logical, well thought out, and backed by solid evidence responses. I've figured out who PGI is listening to, and they got the changes that they wanted. Now I see some of them holding the Sword of Damocles over the whole community basically saying "If you all don't financially support the game that I wanted and got, or the developer, then this might be the last Mechwarrior/Battletech game ever."

At this point I'm about ready to grab a pair of scissors and a ladder, and say "Here, let me help."

But, this doesn't mean I'm not going to take advantage of deals, or renege on a promise I made in another post.

#22 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:59 AM

In reference to the OP;
I would suppose it's because for whatever it's worth, the game lacks a certain intuitiveness that should have formed by now. Some might not agree with me, but I think the game is closer to balance at the cost of mystique/allure in some ways. Kind of like that fix-er-upper you always thought has so much potential, but then you realized it was an Yugo GV and not Austin Healey 3000 like you initially were so excited for.

Would implementation of Lore aspects fix that? I think yes in a number of ways, akin to filling up a hollow shell. Not only that, but it would help make the game feel less like a half-finished demo - all the time, 100% of the time.

Sure new tech came in and is pretty fun, but it mostly relies on the existing in game assets/mechanics - anyone with half a brain figured that out within the first 5 seconds after Civil War dropped.

That said, I think it's the evidence of PGI's staffing limitations, that has over time turned people to greener pastures - WALKING ANIMATIONS

Edited by JackalBeast, 16 August 2017 - 09:03 AM.

#23 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:09 AM

After years of the SSDD (Same Stuff Different Day), I'm basically burnt out on this game.

That I managed to overcome my lethargy and post in this thread is something. I visit the forums less regularly simply because I don't care anymore, it's summer and I'm busy, and I'm playing different games, in that order.

In the past month I think I've visited the forums about a dozen times, skimmed the topics and found nothing of interest. Even when something did briefly spark my interest I started a reply and then just deleted it because I felt "what's the point, why bother?"

New weapons? Big whoop.
New mechs? Big sigh.
New events? Meh.

Not even interested in changing my siggy to a new provider.

Even faithful fans of battletech burn out eventually.

Edited by TLBFestus, 16 August 2017 - 09:09 AM.

#24 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:48 AM

It is noticeably quieter. Doesn't help that there's very little on the horizon to talk about. Solaris is a distant and vague notion. And not everyone is interested. Same with MW5. New Tech has been discussed to death. People gripe about pointless things that I don't care to argue about. I find myself missing the forum riots.

#25 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:51 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 16 August 2017 - 04:32 AM, said:

Trolls?
And I'm killing them all......

Compared to all the "summers" before this is really a "dry" one - the global mood is nihilistic, while it was rage in last summer. (April 2016 was disastrous)

Maybe the Skill Revamp killed dozens of customers - or at least more of the forumite minority

I hadn't thought about it, but all my rage has been redirected at RL events. I can't get angry about video games at this point when more important stuff is fueling my rage.

View PostKodiakGW, on 16 August 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

SJW antics

I have no idea how social justice has anything to do with your posting habits here.

Edited by RestosIII, 16 August 2017 - 09:54 AM.

#26 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:26 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 16 August 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

I hadn't thought about it, but all my rage has been redirected at RL events. I can't get angry about video games at this point when more important stuff is fueling my rage.

I have no idea how social justice has anything to do with your posting habits here.

Hey, I'll take that over calling everyone a [Redacted] , which is apparently the word of the week. Heh, it put {Godwin's Law} the first time I put that in. First time I've seen that.

Edited by draiocht, 17 August 2017 - 12:06 PM.
inappropriate language (word filter circumvention)

#27 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:53 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 16 August 2017 - 04:04 AM, said:

But even the regulars are a reduced number. That is to say, there used to be a lot more folks regularly posting. Now a days it seems like its about 50-75 folks consistently posting on a day to day basis, where as back in phase 2 of CW there were a few hundred. [Redacted] Also it seems like even among the reduced number of regulars, they are also posting less.

I think the general vibe of development apathy has hurt things a bit too, and also [Redacted]. The restructure of the threads several months ago didn't help either. Burying the build advice rooms under new player help (and initially shoving them in archives), among other changes, I think drove some of the more constructive regular posters away as well. Let's also not forget Twitter. Of late, significant announcements have been made exclusively on Twitter with PGI no longer even bothering to post here. Those posters who need the pretense of a forum where "PGI listens" get there fix there. There is also Reddit, where certain devs post substantive commentary on occasion which is far than they do here, and I gotta think that drives some folks to go there for their discussions with increasing frequency.

Whatever.

Why would PGI post on their official forums when they can instead post on a third party social media outlet?

Posted Image

Edited by draiocht, 17 August 2017 - 12:09 PM.
Quote Clean-Up

#28 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:07 PM

Edit: thoughts whilst waiting for new work monitors

> Lack of input by PGI in the forums... BOOOOOOO twitter
> PGI TTK focus translated to nerf, nerf, nerf... Hasn't helped enjoyment
> PGI random unexplained or strange balance choices...
> PGI likes to nerf popular mechs... so not overly interested in drawing anymore attention to mechs I actually like playing, a decreasing pool of late. (And buying new mechs, can leave you with a waiting for the guillotine feeling
> Lack of fun new content/progress... good new maps would help
> Boredom at of lrms OP, Lights OP... topics etc.

> Waiting for the next nerf/no fun change that PGI makes that only makes sense to them but moth balls x number of mechs or weapons group(s)... whilst they ignore or have no visible and certainly no communication about the progress of countless things. ... oh boy am I not excited atm.

Edited by chucklesMuch, 16 August 2017 - 12:10 PM.

#29 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:16 PM

[mod]As this topic has predominantly led to unconstructive discussion,
this thread has been moved to Kaetetôã.[/mod]

#30 Vordhosbn11

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:33 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 15 August 2017 - 09:01 PM, said:

Way down for me