58 replies to this topic

#21 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:50 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 18 August 2017 - 06:44 AM, said:

With the crit multiplyer of machine guns ?

Do you want to blow through armor and have the ability to pop a decent amount of damage in an instant or do you want to break equipment after somebody else does it for you while remaining exposed for a good bit?

#22 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:19 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 18 August 2017 - 06:50 AM, said:

Do you want to blow through armor and have the ability to pop a decent amount of damage in an instant or do you want to break equipment after somebody else does it for you while remaining exposed for a good bit?

I want the ability to strip armor with 26 damage (4 Heavy small lasers) while having 8 machine guns doing 1 dps each with the crit multiplier. Shredding Armor and Structure in a never ending non overheating mech (In scouting especially when there are 4 of them). Its just to much potential fire power with nothing remotely close to that on the Inner Sphere side.

#23 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:33 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 18 August 2017 - 03:54 AM, said:

I prefer 8xLMG+2xHML Lynx, for the 2x more effective range, but this is powerful too.

Now we just need this guy in game so that Clan dominance in Light bracket is complete and total.

Posted Image

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Man, you are lost.

If you arent running super quirked IS mechs when it matter then you already lost the game in the mech lab. MLX G and ACH E are fun but they are no super quriked WLF. Even the FS9 is better these days then most clan lights.

I really hope you are being sarcastic because i know you dont play down in the underhive.

#24 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:37 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 18 August 2017 - 07:19 AM, said:

I want the ability to strip armor with 26 damage (4 Heavy small lasers) while having 8 machine guns doing 1 dps each with the crit multiplier. Shredding Armor and Structure in a never ending non overheating mech (In scouting especially when there are 4 of them). Its just to much potential fire power with nothing remotely close to that on the Inner Sphere side.

Sounds like you want a i win easy button, sorry, get gud.

#25 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:40 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 18 August 2017 - 07:19 AM, said:

Try a Locust/Javelin vs the MLX-G and then we'll talk. If you are as good as your tier ranking suggests, the G will get wrecked because he can't hold that DPS on a single component at these speeds and this range and his lasers are extremely slow. Meanwhile, you keep hammering away with SRMs at his torso or, even better, his arms. Two shots from you will take his arm.

And if you want to get really cheesy, streaks will chew him up faster than he can chew you up and you don't even have to try.

No, the real monster MLX is actually the ED with its right arm swapped to a B pod and mounting 4x SRM2 with 3x Heavy Small. That one has as much armor per arm as it gets on the CT, has the same DPS as the G (which, BTW, is higher than 10.55...really more like 13.64), and it delivers the damage in good-sized chunks, making it more dangerous against lightly armored, agile opponents. But the 8x MG is memes, so everybody is playing with it. Adapt or die, the 'Mech is easy to counter.

#26 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:24 AM

Hahahaha the comments on here are pretty funny

The MLX-G is a niche troll at best. hardcore lol.

The Artic Cheetah with 6mg and 2E and ECM (mixed pods) much more of a credible threat.

Also, if you are losing to Clan in Scouting, you are doing something terribly wrong.

#27 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:29 AM

All time low - a thread complaining about the Myst Lynx being OP.

Next up - Ice Ferret is OP thread

#28 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:33 AM

I give up. The Get Gud crowd has won.

#29 poltergoost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 123 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:39 AM

If you are that scared of a MLX-G, then what other answer is there? It has huge weaknesses to exploit.

Its a slow for a light at 120 kph so pretty easy to hit, has paper-thin arms where all the weapons are and no ECM. Its basically a walking 'kick me' sign for anyone paying attention.

Geez, the first one I encountered, I was playing a Linebacker. I'd heard about these invincible MG boats running around that everyone was whining about, so I was a little worried. Then I realised IT WAS BARELY MOVING FASTER THAN I WAS Posted Image

One salvo of 6xSRM 6, its arms were shredded and it ran away never to return Posted Image

Edited by poltergoost, 18 August 2017 - 08:40 AM.

#30 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:54 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 18 August 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

What did you expect?
You started off claiming that it was just a question, but as things went on your true motivation came to light.

You got killed by an 8mlg 4 micro small laser (or ER or heavy small) Myst lynx and were baffled at how the Myst lynx pilot had the gumption to kill you of all people.

#31 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:15 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 18 August 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

You are trying to advocate nerfing something gimmicky that has very hard counters which you refuse to consider.

F*cking hell, dude...

#32 roboPrancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 269 posts
  • LocationEh?

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:30 AM

I can definitely see c-lmgs getting a reduction in their crit damage, in the near future.

#33 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:38 AM

View PostroboPrancer, on 18 August 2017 - 09:30 AM, said:

I can definitely see c-lmgs getting a reduction in their crit damage, in the near future.

One question -

Have you actually used them?

#34 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:35 AM

View PostJackalBeast, on 18 August 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

What did you expect?
You started off claiming that it was just a question, but as things went on your true motivation came to light.

You got killed by an 8mlg 4 micro small laser (or ER or heavy small) Myst lynx and were baffled at how the Myst lynx pilot had the gumption to kill you of all people.

I don't care about dying, play with me anytime i'm not scared to scratch my paint. IMO its a valid question, what IS light mech can match the 8 crit machines and on top of that 4 lasers doing 6.5 dmg each in scouting. IS light mechs can carry 4 machine guns max. Here is a different example. Remember when the KDK-3 could fit 4 uac 10's where as IS assaults mechs could only fit 2 ac10's.

#35 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:43 AM

View PostroboPrancer, on 18 August 2017 - 09:30 AM, said:

i dont think the crits are what make the the go to MG its the range.

IT is better then other MG's except against armor where the HMG wins but that pitiful range makes it so you are actually hindering the team with your face hugging to do any real dmg.

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 18 August 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

I don't care about dying, play with me anytime i'm not scared to scratch my paint. IMO its a valid question, what IS light mech can match the 8 crit machines and on top of that 4 lasers doing 6.5 dmg each in scouting. IS light mechs can carry 4 machine guns max. Here is a different example. Remember when the KDK-3 could fit 4 uac 10's where as IS assaults mechs could only fit 2 ac10's.

cant the black jack bring 6 in scouting? with 2 lpl and a med? and its got more armor then any light.

We hit you with get guds because you are whining about something that is a niche/gimmick mech at best. No MLX-G is beating any comp IS lights.

#36 yuujiroassistant

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:43 AM

Remember when kodiak could be stripped easily or 1 shot, and only had a 300m effective range?
Your equivilancy makes no sense. Just because a build is unique to a mech doesn't make it imbalanced. Of course no other light mech has that exact sustained dps. But plenty of lights have considerably higher burst dps thats effective at longer ranges coupled with more armour, better hitboxes, and considerably higher speed.

Edited by yuujiroassistant, 18 August 2017 - 10:44 AM.

#37 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:50 AM

Your query was answered. You just chose to start throwing in a lot of extra, situational qualifiers that were, again, countered with comparable situational qualifiers.

I mean, if you think it's so good, you are welcome to buy one and we'll set up some science duels. IS player gets to use any Light he wants. And then we can swap for control.

The KDK-3 comparison is not really good, because at the time it had zero glaring weaknesses. The Mist Lynx has several.

#38 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:13 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 18 August 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

Your query was answered. You just chose to start throwing in a lot of extra, situational qualifiers that were, again, countered with comparable situational qualifiers.

I mean, if you think it's so good, you are welcome to buy one and we'll set up some science duels. IS player gets to use any Light he wants. And then we can swap for control.

The KDK-3 comparison is not really good, because at the time it had zero glaring weaknesses. The Mist Lynx has several.

id say the memelynx had more weakness' then strengths. Its still not a very strongk mech and the face time required with MG's just exacerbates the issue of how fragile it really is.

the ACH and it arms are not really a no brainer option either as they fall off when the winds kick up it seems.

#39 roboPrancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 269 posts
  • LocationEh?

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:52 PM

View PostJackalBeast, on 18 August 2017 - 09:38 AM, said:

One question -

Have you actually used them?

Quite a bit , they are quite powerful in the right hands.

#40 0111101

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 148 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:38 AM

You're looking for perfectly mirrored loadouts across tech bases which just isn't possible practical due to differences in chassis (weapon mount locations, quirks) as well as weapon stats (crit slot usage, tonnage). Each side has strengths and weaknesses when it comes to particular loadout archetypes. Since comparing other weight classes isn't really relevant to the topic at hand I won't be going into that, but...

Before the skill tree, the Spider-5K had the crit-seeking finisher build. It was the go-to. After the laser cooldown nerf on that variant, it fell out of favor. With the introduction of the new ballistic omnipods on the MLX and ACH, they have taken the spot of crit-seeking finisher. However, both of those finisher builds pale in comparison to the current Wolfhound. I'd take a WLF-2 from the IS light side over anything Clan any day. It's just that good right now.

Edited by 0111101, 20 August 2017 - 07:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users