Oh The Irony

26 replies to this topic

#1 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,861 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:23 AM

you know when those iic heros came out for preorder how much i wanted that 6 machine gun jenner? but decided not to because reasons. mostly because it was four months out and no incentive to buy early. so i spent my money elsewhere and put it off to a later date.

and now im running around in an 8 mg mist lynx. this makes my desire to purchase said jenner iic null and void. thanks for shooting yourself in the foot pgi.

Edited by LordNothing, 18 August 2017 - 04:26 AM.

#2 Toothless

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 861 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:33 AM

Cool story bro

#3 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:39 AM

PGI does what PGI do. There is no succinct rhyme or reason with them. Im still salty after they nerfed my Bear. All I ask is for the masc to be useful again! Nerfed the absolute crap out of its mobility.

Thats fine but I cant buy other things if they change them on a whim.

That being said I dont think PGI is thinking about you and your 6mg jenner bro lol.

Edited by HGAK47, 18 August 2017 - 04:39 AM.

#4 Trenchbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:57 AM

I got the Jenner IIC Hero so I could stuff an Ultra AC20 on it.

Edited by Catten Hart, 18 August 2017 - 05:57 AM.

#5 razenWing

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:52 AM

PGI did something nice and you trash them for it? Or did you want your special exclusive P2W club?

I don't care either way, especially the later. But I know there's like an angry mob on here or reddit that's like super sore about it.

(PS Jenner is heavier and faster... meaning HMG with meaningful secondaries and enough ammunition. If you don't see the potential in that, that's on you, man)

#6 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:10 AM

i did not know there was a mist lynx variant that can boat 8mg..might have to buy.

#7 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:05 AM

You'll be opening your wallet to the Piranha, soon enough. ;)

#8 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,861 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:27 AM

View PostrazenWing, on 18 August 2017 - 06:52 AM, said:

PGI did something nice and you trash them for it? Or did you want your special exclusive P2W club?

I don't care either way, especially the later. But I know there's like an angry mob on here or reddit that's like super sore about it.

(PS Jenner is heavier and faster... meaning HMG with meaningful secondaries and enough ammunition. If you don't see the potential in that, that's on you, man)

i didnt trash them. but they seem to be making a lot of monetization mistakes lately. the first one (relevant to this situation, i could go back all the way t beta if i really wanted to give them a verbal lashing) was not having any early adopters rewards for the heros. the first wave of clan heros for example was announced a few weeks before they came out. not a hard sell, i bought 2 of those. those were kind of excusable given the short window till release.

subsequent packs like the wave 2 heros had significantly longer preorder windows, still not an issue because they didnt put out new varients to obsolete them. that and this wave really didnt interest me. anyway when the iic heros announcement came, so did i. had to have that hero and at the time i didnt have no money. i found myself with some spare change when the k9 came out finally, so i dropped my jenner iic money on that mech instead, figuring i could scrounge up a few bucks with 4 months of warning. now with them being a patch away, i got a nice new pair of machine gun weilding kittens to play with.

Posted Image

these guys instantly obsolete these purchases. also theres that thing about giving away an absurd amount of supply cache keys, releasing newtech, and not putting it in the caches on release day. and that window has closed too, now that i have 35 lfes and more weapons than i know what to do with (and i still haven't used all those free keys yall gave me), probibly wouldnt pay to roll for those now.

extra tonnage and battlemech flexibility is ok i guess, but i figure people will be using it as a troll build stick a big ultra on it, and i have a cinder for that, my need for an mg boat is now fulfilled and i didnt have to spend a dime.

Edited by LordNothing, 18 August 2017 - 09:48 AM.

#9 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,861 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:42 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 18 August 2017 - 09:05 AM, said:

You'll be opening your wallet to the Piranha, soon enough. Posted Image

nah, i think im starting to get fed up with pgi again. its closed for now. remember when game devs didnt need to rely on skinner boxes to have huge communities to keep the game alive for decades? you paid a small amount one time and got everything? bargain bins with $10 games. yea what happened? we will see how much the loyalty heroes disappoint me before i reconsider.

the hero packs were an excellent monetization option. at least initially. id rather spend real money on an exclusive package than something that every freeloader will be running in 4 months, and the mc go between was kind of a pita and bypassing it with a direct purchase certainly saves me headaches. but they kind of screwed up opening the preorder windows way too early without providing incentive to preorder.

Edited by LordNothing, 18 August 2017 - 09:51 AM.

#10 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:43 AM

The Jenner IIC can mount good armor and speed, plus an Ultra AC20. Still.

It's not at good at MG spam, but it's going to be one of, if not the best, Clan light for heavy ballistics.

Edited by Catten Hart, 18 August 2017 - 09:44 AM.

#11 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:52 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 18 August 2017 - 04:23 AM, said:

you know when those iic heros came out for preorder how much i wanted that 6 machine gun jenner? but decided not to because reasons. mostly because it was four months out and no incentive to buy early. so i spent my money elsewhere and put it off to a later date.

and now im running around in an 8 mg mist lynx. this makes my desire to purchase said jenner iic null and void. thanks for shooting yourself in the foot pgi.

So the morale of the story is they should just charge money for new variants instead of providing them for c-bills. K, thx, got it.

#12 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:57 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 18 August 2017 - 09:42 AM, said:

nah, i think im starting to get fed up with pgi again. its closed for now. remember when game devs didnt need to rely on skinner boxes to have huge communities to keep the game alive for decades? you paid a small amount one time and got everything? bargain bins with $10 games. yea what happened? we will see how much the loyalty heroes disappoint me before i reconsider.

the hero packs were an excellent monetization option. at least initially. id rather spend real money on an exclusive package than something that every freeloader will be running in 4 months, and the mc go between was kind of a pita and bypassing it with a direct purchase certainly saves me headaches. but they kind of screwed up opening the preorder windows way too early without providing incentive to preorder.

All I remember from the old times was that WoW required you to pay 15$ every month or your game is wasted. As for packs, if you don't wanna spend money and wait for them to come out for C-Bills after 6 months, that's your choice--apparently the scheme works well enough for PGI to continue it. As for pre-order incentives, they are there. Might not be what you really want, but there are pre-order incentives for those packs.

#13 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,861 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:57 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 18 August 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

All I remember from the old times was that WoW required you to pay 15$ every month or your game is wasted. As for packs, if you don't wanna spend money and wait for them to come out for C-Bills after 6 months, that's your choice--apparently the scheme works well enough for PGI to continue it. As for pre-order incentives, they are there. Might not be what you really want, but there are pre-order incentives for those packs.

wow didnt exist yet. the good old days were long before subscription games became a thing. get off my lawn. i wasnt about to spend $50 bucks on a game and then give them more money to use it. that sounded like a terrible deal to me. free to play was a little bit more palatable but i had my reservations. considering that i hear "this is one of the more fair f2p games out there' a lot makes me never want to try another f2p ever again. this has been too costly and too disapointing. so this will be my first and last f2p.

Edited by LordNothing, 18 August 2017 - 10:13 AM.

#14 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:05 AM

I'm baffled by the topic.

Jenner iic hero was already available for preorder when they added in that they were going to make new variants available for cbills along with the clan heroes 2 because people were complaining about p2w hardpoints.

I thought you were up to date on this whole thing Lord. /.-./

(Also Jenner iic, clan battlemech. mist lynx, omnimech. I feel like that Jenner iic hero has a place here still, but it all comes up to how the player wants to play, and you seem set on something. just wanted to point out these events and statistics, don't take it as an aggressive argument towards what you think)

#15 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:12 AM

View PostCatten Hart, on 18 August 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

The Jenner IIC can mount good armor and speed, plus an Ultra AC20. Still.

It's not at good at MG spam, but it's going to be one of, if not the best, Clan light for heavy ballistics.

Ummmmmm what are you running on that in order to have sufficient ammo, which to me with the UAC20 is 4 tons vs 3 for the others. So that means I want 15 tons at the very least but 16 tons preferred to utilize a C-UAC20. It sprays marshmallows for Christ's sake.
I mean sure you could run it with a 225xl, ~ 16 tons but -1 for the DHS so then you effectively have 15 tons of pods space, which means you are getting 3 tons of UAC ammo. Also no weight for jjs, which sucks for the jenner.

That 225 gives you a speed of 104, which is marginally faster than the Adder. Plus the Cougar ECM variant, tho slower runs ballistics and energy very well, plus has meager-decent jjs.

Further I saw someone on the forums here insinuate that the JNRIIC hero is the doppelganger of the Raven Huggin, which to me makes far more sense.

Edited by JackalBeast, 18 August 2017 - 10:22 AM.

#16 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:17 AM

Plus C-UAC20 is pretty crappy in the current game setup.

I have double-double (2 UAC20s on a EBJ) tapped a ________(insert cliche light mech) only to watch it's CT turn a nice shade of light yellow.

That slow dispersal and sluggish velocity of the 4 shells really makes it garbage for shooting anything that is moving past 250 m.

For Clan I regulaly utilize the crap out of Gauss, and the UAC family, except for the UAC20 which is more of a sporadic thing. The only Lbx I regularly utilize is the C-LBX20, because it is more suitable to me than it's UAC counterpart

Edited by JackalBeast, 18 August 2017 - 10:20 AM.

#17 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,861 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:19 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 18 August 2017 - 10:05 AM, said:

I'm baffled by the topic.

Jenner iic hero was already available for preorder when they added in that they were going to make new variants available for cbills along with the clan heroes 2 because people were complaining about p2w hardpoints.

I thought you were up to date on this whole thing Lord. /.-./

(Also Jenner iic, clan battlemech. mist lynx, omnimech. I feel like that Jenner iic hero has a place here still, but it all comes up to how the player wants to play, and you seem set on something. just wanted to point out these events and statistics, don't take it as an aggressive argument towards what you think)

so this whole thing is pgi appeasing the freeloaders then? i knew there were going to be new varients but i didnt know they were going to be awesome fun mechs until i looked at em in the mech lab.

sure that jenner hero has a place. but my clan machine gun squirrel boat fettish is satisfied, and i have the cinder to run heavier ballistics on. its just the niche is gone. also the cheeta has more useful energy hardpoints for backup weapons. higher and more crits available. currently running a pair of heavy mediums and 6 hmgs and ecm. i think the lynx is more fun though. actually the jenner still has an iron dome capability as well. still makes it a viable free event mc purchase hero.

Edited by LordNothing, 18 August 2017 - 10:27 AM.

#18 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,861 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:42 AM

View PostJackalBeast, on 18 August 2017 - 10:17 AM, said:

Plus C-UAC20 is pretty crappy in the current game setup.

I have double-double (2 UAC20s on a EBJ) tapped a ________(insert cliche light mech) only to watch it's CT turn a nice shade of light yellow.

That slow dispersal and sluggish velocity of the 4 shells really makes it garbage for shooting anything that is moving past 250 m.

For Clan I regulaly utilize the crap out of Gauss, and the UAC family, except for the UAC20 which is more of a sporadic thing. The only Lbx I regularly utilize is the C-LBX20, because it is more suitable to me than it's UAC counterpart

failry good assessment here. on a light that lb is useful as you can run it up close enough to land all those pellets square in the torso. fitting those on larger slower mechs seems to be problematic, can never get a good grouping without taking a lot of damage trying to close the distance. the speed is about right for a gauss squirrel, though thats kind of a hide in the back and camp build, and im no fan of that playstyle.

i dont want to run a jam happy uac as my sole weapon, and practically they are only around 30% or so of a dps boost over the cac. though a light could kind of weild it better, only double tapping for backshots and doing single tap the rest of the time and if it jams fall back. its an option, but not my first one. id consider running the cacs as well if you want to use it closer to its max range and unlock a lot of range skills. z spread is better than xy spread and just requires a little follow through on those moving targets.

then enter the dps analysis. you can just run 6 standard mgs and out dps both the cac or lb20 (8.4 vs 5). 6 hmgs might be able to out dps a uac20 most of the time, because a lot of time its going to be jammed and unusable.

Edited by LordNothing, 18 August 2017 - 10:57 AM.

#19 roboPrancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 269 posts
  • LocationEh?

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:39 AM

12mg jenner iic inbound

#20 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:01 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 18 August 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

failry good assessment here. on a light that lb is useful as you can run it up close enough to land all those pellets square in the torso. fitting those on larger slower mechs seems to be problematic, can never get a good grouping without taking a lot of damage trying to close the distance. the speed is about right for a gauss squirrel, though thats kind of a hide in the back and camp build, and im no fan of that playstyle.

i dont want to run a jam happy uac as my sole weapon, and practically they are only around 30% or so of a dps boost over the cac. though a light could kind of weild it better, only double tapping for backshots and doing single tap the rest of the time and if it jams fall back. its an option, but not my first one. id consider running the cacs as well if you want to use it closer to its max range and unlock a lot of range skills. z spread is better than xy spread and just requires a little follow through on those moving targets.

then enter the dps analysis. you can just run 6 standard mgs and out dps both the cac or lb20 (8.4 vs 5). 6 hmgs might be able to out dps a uac20 most of the time, because a lot of time its going to be jammed and unusable.

Well a quick theory build to see what it could actually do, and not be a one shot glory runner; I try to build for sustain fire, survival and decent damage output.

Fast Face Hug - XL280-300 small-medium lasers, 6 HMG or LMG(if you want the jumps) ~2-3 tons of ammo - basically what we have now with the newer Lynx and Cheetahs only marginally faster.

Medium pace crit hunter - XL250 - 115kph. LBX5 w 2.5 tons of ammo, 5 lmg with 2 ton of ammo. 2 medium laser. Add 1 jj after shaving .25 ton of otherwise full armor

Snails Pace Jenner - XL200 = 92.6 kph pre speed tweak and 17.5 tons of space with full armor. so ya, but with jenner IIC survivability that's pretty slow.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users