• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:15 AM

I updated my pc, and..... this is what I'm seeing now, when shooting with UAC:

http://imgur.com/qV5o0xZ

I've already set everything to low..... still I'm getting blinded by that stoooopid weapon effect.

Any suggestions?

#2 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:27 AM

Set everything to high Posted Image

Have you updated your drivers?

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 20 August 2017 - 06:27 AM.

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:24 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 20 August 2017 - 06:15 AM, said:

I updated my pc, and..... this is what I'm seeing now, when shooting with UAC:

http://imgur.com/qV5o0xZ

I've already set everything to low..... still I'm getting blinded by that stoooopid weapon effect.

Any suggestions?

That's nothing. I set everything on low yet... This is from my own UAC2s.

Posted Image

Guess best thing to do is to petition Russ to reduce blinding effects on all ACs and MGs--for both the guy that is shooting, and the guy that is receiving.

Edited by El Bandito, 20 August 2017 - 07:26 AM.

#4 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:33 AM

LOL what da fuq??

I get nothing of the sort, I thought being blinded by enemy fire was bad but thats nothing compared to these screen shots.... something is certainly wrong.

Try removing bloom and motion blur? Have a fiddle with other in game settings and possibly even graphics card settings?

#5 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:12 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 20 August 2017 - 06:27 AM, said:

Set everything to high Posted Image

Have you updated your drivers?

It is everything to low.

This is from my new video card..... I've never seen this before, with my old dead one :)

View PostEl Bandito, on 20 August 2017 - 07:24 AM, said:

That's nothing. I set everything on low yet... This is from my own UAC2s.

Posted Image

Guess best thing to do is to petition Russ to reduce blinding effects on all ACs and MGs--for both the guy that is shooting, and the guy that is receiving.

LOL, WAT DA!!!!!

Well, you know what? I've never seen this $h1t before, using my old video card.

So, I think it should be some settings to eradicate this reddicolous weapon effect.
But I'm a total noob with settings, user.cfg, or else..... I don't know what to do.

I don't want to use my old card to play......

View PostHGAK47, on 20 August 2017 - 07:33 AM, said:

Try removing bloom and motion blur? Have a fiddle with other in game settings and possibly even graphics card settings?

That's the reason of my thread: I don't know how to fix this..... but it must be a fix, because with my previous video card I had no blinding issues

#6 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:32 AM

Have you tried removing the gun from that location or moving it?

Silly I know but I would call that a design characteristic of the mech rather than an issue. Not everything has to work well in every mech. I have at least one mech were I moved my PPCs down to the second highest Energy mounts due the fact that the PPC flash effect was distracting when they were located at the highest cockpit level mounts. Overcome, adapt, use a different weapon or maybe just don't use that slot at all. Your other option is the learn to deal with the flash and drive on. I mean it is really no different than a mech having low slung, knuckle dragging arm mounts or the two missile mounts being so far away on opposite sides of the mech that SRM convergence spreads the missiles way too far out even with Artemis equipped. Hell call it a design flaw but that is what makes mechs interesting, the fact they have their own individual characteristics, both good and bad.

#7 kuma8877

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 691 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:36 AM

Have you tried verifying your files (repair tool)? And not sure if it works in MWO, but have you tried deleting your config file, to get the program to re-establish your graphics settings?

#8 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:43 AM

I thought it was normal for AC flashes to be that bad?

#9 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:08 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 20 August 2017 - 09:32 AM, said:

Have you tried removing the gun from that location or moving it?

Silly I know but I would call that a design characteristic of the mech rather than an issue. Not everything has to work well in every mech. I have at least one mech were I moved my PPCs down to the second highest Energy mounts due the fact that the PPC flash effect was distracting when they were located at the highest cockpit level mounts. Overcome, adapt, use a different weapon or maybe just don't use that slot at all. Your other option is the learn to deal with the flash and drive on. I mean it is really no different than a mech having low slung, knuckle dragging arm mounts or the two missile mounts being so far away on opposite sides of the mech that SRM convergence spreads the missiles way too far out even with Artemis equipped. Hell call it a design flaw but that is what makes mechs interesting, the fact they have their own individual characteristics, both good and bad.

the fact is that with my previous video card I never had this blinding effect.
So, I think it's something related to driver, or some config. that better video cards have

View Postkuma8877, on 20 August 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

Have you tried verifying your files (repair tool)? And not sure if it works in MWO, but have you tried deleting your config file, to get the program to re-establish your graphics settings?

I installed mwo with steam, so I don0t have a repair tool.

How can I delete the config. file? Where is it?

(sorry, total noob here)

View PostRestosIII, on 20 August 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

I thought it was normal for AC flashes to be that bad?

see above: with my previous video card I naver had this issue

#10 UnofficialOperator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:24 PM

You could always try sweetfx

#11 kuma8877

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 691 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:26 PM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 20 August 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

the fact is that with my previous video card I never had this blinding effect.
So, I think it's something related to driver, or some config. that better video cards have

I installed mwo with steam, so I don0t have a repair tool.

How can I delete the config. file? Where is it?

(sorry, total noob here)

In steam, you can try to verify the cache :right click MWO, select properties, select the local files tab, and then you should see the verify game files button.
I run the MWO launcher so I'm not sure what Steam goes thru, if it's the same as the launcher. Usually a good place to start with problems with Steam based titles.

I'll have to look at the placement of the config file.... Placement may be different for steam versus the launcher, as Steam keeps most of the files for games generally lumped together. I'm also not sure if all of our control configs and whatnots are also contained in that file. I'll be back with an answer soonish.

#12 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:28 PM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 20 August 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

It's not an issue. besides oyu need to list what gpus and what driver version you were on if yu think this is an issue. Also there is some Nvidia controls that are basically visual hacks and PGI have explictly stated outright that you GPU settings are fine to modify. game looks ****, but you can see everything. clearly.

Edited by Ghogiel, 20 August 2017 - 12:29 PM.

#13 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 20 August 2017 - 12:51 PM

View PostGhogiel, on 20 August 2017 - 12:28 PM, said:

It's not an issue. besides oyu need to list what gpus and what driver version you were on if yu think this is an issue. Also there is some Nvidia controls that are basically visual hacks and PGI have explictly stated outright that you GPU settings are fine to modify. game looks ****, but you can see everything. clearly.

It's not an issue indeed (well, the visual effect is givning me issues about aiming :P )
But I started to thread asking help to fix.
I have a geforce 680 GTx with drivers 385.28..... and

I know nothing about "some Nvidia controls that are basically visual hacks", so any help is welcome :)

#14 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:04 PM

iirc if you go into nvidia inspector there should be a setting under textures and you can turn the LOD bias all the way up so that you basically only render the very last mip instead of the full texture. > I'm not sure if that will do much for particles besides make them worse lol. But there is probably some way to turn off particle rendering/ affect the HDRI or transparency of textures as well. As long as you do this through the gpu PGI said it's fiiinnnne. (im not fine with it because i have seen what it can do lol)

Edited by Ghogiel, 20 August 2017 - 01:05 PM.

#15 kuma8877

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 691 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:11 PM

I'm having some real trouble finding a config file.... it has to be somewhere.... I'll keep looking!

#16 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,790 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:34 PM

you might need to purge your shader cache and have the game rebuild them. run the repair tool and make sure clean shaders is on.

#17 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:00 PM

View PostGhogiel, on 20 August 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

iirc if you go into nvidia inspector there should be a setting under textures and you can turn the LOD bias all the way up so that you basically only render the very last mip instead of the full texture. > I'm not sure if that will do much for particles besides make them worse lol. But there is probably some way to turn off particle rendering/ affect the HDRI or transparency of textures as well. As long as you do this through the gpu PGI said it's fiiinnnne. (im not fine with it because i have seen what it can do lol)

Interesting!
Never used such tools before, but I'll give a try.

I don't like "fixes" like hacks, but this blinding effect is tooooo stooopid..... I cannot literally aim.

edit: ok, I'm trying los settings, but....I cannot see visual changes. I think I'm doing something wrong.
Have I to put "driver controlled Bias" on or off?

Posted Image

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 20 August 2017 - 02:34 PM.

#18 jonfett

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 355 posts
  • LocationSitting on a NaCl mountain in a place called Puglandia

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:16 AM

Did you tell your mech not to look at the eclipse today w/o proper eye protection?! Because, I think it didn't listen, and it's corneas are burned out!!

#19 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:32 AM

Thought this was going to be about an MWO player burning his retinas from staring at the solar eclipse...leaving disappointed.

You try running the repair tool?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users