Weighted Psr

No replies to this topic

#1 Insanity09

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 551 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:13 PM

I know there have been many complaints about the PSR bar.

Mostly, they seem to take the form of "it's really an experience bar, so eventually everyone is PSR1."

Primarily, the suggestions on how to fix it center around making losses and wins equal.

Working under the assumption that the current method at all tiers is the same, and that a minimal positive PSR change (100-250 match on a win) is larger than a minimal loss value (again, 100-250 on a loss, I believe), I'd like to suggest a variant on that.

Depending on your current PSR, wins and losses should count differently. By this I mean that the change you get for a match score should have a modifier applied based on your current PSR.

At PSR 5, positive changes should be magnified, but negatives only matter a little.
Conversely, at PSR 1, pluses don't count for much, but negatives have a large impact.
At tier 3, positives and negatives should be the same.

So, if you are tier 3, with a 1:1 W/L ratio, consistently in the lowest positive PSR category on your wins and and in the best negative match score category for every loss, your PSR will never change.

Only people who truly maintain a very winning record or consistently get very high match scores will stay PSR1, some would likely drop to PSR2 (or worse?).

The idea is to turn this into a bell curve distribution of PSR levels. Most folks will likely end up at tier 3, only the very worst would stay in tier 5, only the very best would make it to tier 1 (and stay there).

Understandable?
Comments?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users