Jump to content

- - - - -

Roadmap For September, October, And Beyond


253 replies to this topic

#241 SuperFunkTron

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 908 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:28 AM

I'm still waiting for an update on 8v8, even just as a short trial period. I'm not sure if it's my bad luck, but I have been suffering a brutal week of incredibly passive teammates since the patch. Even with leadership and acknowledgement of communication, people seem really committed to hanging in the back, ignoring objectives (cap, escort, incursion...). It's like people decided that length of survival in a match is the ultimate decider of quality play opposed to actual effectiveness.

I really want to see if 8v8 will at least make poking into the enemy more forgiving rather than crippling and that the death ball will turn into more strategic placement rather than a heard tried to shoot through each other to pop the poor guy checking corners.

#242 Apollo777

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:28 PM

Please do something about the loading time!
After each match it takes quite some times to go back to the home page.Posted Image

#243 Tarl Cabot

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 6,672 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 26 October 2017 - 04:09 PM

View PostApollo777, on 26 October 2017 - 01:28 PM, said:

Please do something about the loading time!
After each match it takes quite some times to go back to the home page.Posted Image

Loading time can be due to many reasons. My loading times have decreased enough to make it noticeable once I removed my swapfile, defrag the drives, reset swapfile and locked in its size. And had to reset my security settings that had been reset to default, excluded MWO folders from active scanning.

#244 Ed Steele

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,631 posts
  • LocationOn the Argo with my "Outlaws For Hire".

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:35 PM

View PostApollo777, on 26 October 2017 - 01:28 PM, said:

Please do something about the loading time!
After each match it takes quite some times to go back to the home page.Posted Image


Loading times are mostly based on your Internet speed, HDD type/Speed and CPU. If you have less than 8GB of RAM, slow RAM, or many things running in the background, that can contribute as well. Also, when I switched from the MWO launcher to the Steam launcher, I got somewhat better load times.

Edited by Ed Steele, 27 October 2017 - 04:36 PM.


#245 Ed Steele

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,631 posts
  • LocationOn the Argo with my "Outlaws For Hire".

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:38 PM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 24 October 2017 - 09:28 AM, said:

I'm still waiting for an update on 8v8, even just as a short trial period. I'm not sure if it's my bad luck, but I have been suffering a brutal week of incredibly passive teammates since the patch. Even with leadership and acknowledgement of communication, people seem really committed to hanging in the back, ignoring objectives (cap, escort, incursion...). It's like people decided that length of survival in a match is the ultimate decider of quality play opposed to actual effectiveness.

I really want to see if 8v8 will at least make poking into the enemy more forgiving rather than crippling and that the death ball will turn into more strategic placement rather than a heard tried to shoot through each other to pop the poor guy checking corners.


I played back when it was 8v8 and my opinion is that the game was more tactical and more fun back then (even on the smaller maps).

#246 Arkhangel

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,121 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:03 PM

played back in 8v8 too, and back then you really got obliterated by people less as well. you're likely to last a teensy bit longer when it's only 8 people shooting you, rather than an entire company set up in a firing line. plus 8v8 means that if the enemy team has a lance of LRMers... they'll actually be at more of a disadvantage due to the fact they're now really underarmed for close quarters.

#247 Frosk177

    Member

  • Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 11 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:06 AM

Urbanmech IIC when?

#248 Fox the Apprentice

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:40 AM

View PostFrosk177, on 16 November 2017 - 12:06 AM, said:

Snow Fox when?

FTFY :P

#249 SICk Nick

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 177 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:36 AM

Where’s the new roadmap??

#250 MovinTarget

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 10
  • Mercenary Rank 10
  • 3,798 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:28 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 27 October 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

I played back when it was 8v8 and my opinion is that the game was more tactical and more fun back then (even on the smaller maps).


Would love if they revived some of the "old" maps for 8v8 like forest colony and stuff...

#251 Curccu

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:33 AM

View PostSICk Nick, on 21 November 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

Where’s the new roadmap??

We are not going to get anything before mechcon, it was same thing last year.

#252 Dudeis2kool

    Rookie

  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 3 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 December 2017 - 08:27 PM

Fafnir when?

#253 Kyrie

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 05:37 PM

Hurricanes Irma and Maria knocked me offline for a while, anything new and exciting regarding Faction Play?





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users