- - - - -

What Is The I.s. Minimum Distance For Lrms?

20 replies to this topic

#21 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:47 PM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 24 August 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

If you tested the damage against turrets in the Academy then as there is no ATM 1 launcher, the spread of several missiles will make some of the missiles miss such a small target.

Yeap. I just went and shot a 10-minute video of me firing at different ranges and normally in a game, I aim for where the turret comes up. But I noticed that missiles were missing and my damage was up and down.

When I aimed down near the bottom of the turret my damage was more consistent.

Duh, not the same as firing lasers. I think the patch might have fixed being able to target again on those turrets also.

But this brings up something else I've been wondering about as far as any missile. Sticking with LRMs, if you fire a 20 launcher at a light mech, should you assume that some will miss due to too big of a spread against a small target?

One thing I'd like added is the damage you do should come on your screen everytime you shoot. Just like all the other little stats (I use the Classic format).

If you totally miss, it is zero. If you were shooting LRMS and your target moved to cover, it might say 3 damage. Or if you hit a Battlemaster with a 20, it might say 20.

There are times I'm not really sure I'm shooting at anyone. Or that I hit anyone, lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users