Clan Diamond Shark Is Finally In The Game!

48 replies to this topic

#41 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:05 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 24 August 2017 - 01:24 AM, said:

More in-line with the OP though, I'm really curious what a CDS warhorn will be. All of the faction warhorns so far have been their signature animal's call, but sharks don't really make noises. My guess is that it will most likely be the noise of something smashing into water. Though it would be pretty great if they added my idea for a cash register noise warhorn. What did y'all think it will be?

war horn?
duno but what about the hanging item:
Posted Image

#42 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:36 AM

I know I should probably feel some sort of pride about CDS and defend it here, but I'm imagining the concept of depth charges being used to fight sharks, and I can't keep a straight face. It's just too funny of a concept, since it's taking dynamite fishing to the extreme.

More in-line with the OP though, I'm really curious what a CDS warhorn will be. All of the faction warhorns so far have been their signature animal's call, but sharks don't really make noises. My guess is that it will most likely be the noise of something smashing into water. Though it would be pretty great if they added my idea for a cash register noise warhorn. What did y'all think it will be?

Maybe a ripping and tearing sound or jaws theme (please this one) would be good too.

Also when did you become a mod???

#43 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:48 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 24 August 2017 - 03:36 AM, said:

Maybe a ripping and tearing sound or jaws theme (please this one) would be good too.

Since I'm pretty sure the Jaws theme is still copyrighted (correct me if I'm wrong) I don't think we'd be able to have it. Not that I'd be opposed to it, that is. Honestly, it would be pretty great. There's also this as an option.

View PostBattlemaster56, on 24 August 2017 - 03:36 AM, said:

Also when did you become a mod???

Yesterday.

Edited by RestosIII, 24 August 2017 - 03:48 AM.

#44 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:58 AM

View PostRestosIII, on 24 August 2017 - 03:48 AM, said:

Since I'm pretty sure the Jaws theme is still copyrighted (correct me if I'm wrong) I don't think we'd be able to have it. Not that I'd be opposed to it, that is. Honestly, it would be pretty great. There's also this as an option.

Yesterday.

I can see this playing out real well, every time you take out an enemy mech from behind, this plays out, scaring the enemy into running and you dramatically chasing them slowly. Taking each mech one by one to increase the duration also make it into an achievement if you can get 8 kills while having the warhorn equipped and you cannot let the warhorn die down while attempting the achievement.

Also congrats on being a mod!!!

#45 Rakshasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 560 posts
  • LocationThe Underhive, Pomme De Terre

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:35 AM

I know I should probably feel some sort of pride about CDS and defend it here, but I'm imagining the concept of depth charges being used to fight sharks, and I can't keep a straight face. It's just too funny of a concept, since it's taking dynamite fishing to the extreme.

Cash register would be fun Posted Image I can imagine a tribute to Jaws too, a low ominous dual-tone rising to a scare chord and the crash of jaws chomping together, evoking a shark rising from the deep to bite down on its victim. Or maybe a loud squawk, like a (snow) raven being eaten by a fox >_>

Also congrats on making Mod!

#46 Maker L106

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 250 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:41 AM

Gotta say, the cash register... i love that idea.

#47 Kasumi Sumika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationFeeding the Fires of Rubicon

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:03 AM

I'm really curious what a CDS warhorn will be.

This.

#48 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:37 AM

With the release of the MK II I figured I would check out Sp0oky777 on DeviantArt and check out what I found.

Spoiler

#49 Pak Hammond

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 63 posts
  • LocationTrying to run on a connection that has to cross oceans

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:01 PM

That was commissioned by DSx. Its now my wallpaper on the pc.
DSx is still active in game and will be changing factions as soon as it hits the system.

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users