Begging For 4K Ui Scaling

53 replies to this topic

Poll: Is a 4k UI important to you? (188 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you care about a 4k UI?

1. Yes (163 votes [86.70%])

Percentage of vote: 86.70%

2. No (25 votes [13.30%])

Percentage of vote: 13.30%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 20 January 2022 - 03:15 AM

modding ..for what ? when EG7 close the server the game is dead and not come to a rebirth

#42 MaverickBlue

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2022 - 04:57 PM

I just re-installed the game because I saw the Beach Party event pop up in Steam, loaded it up, then realized why I'd stopped playing in the first place. The game is literally unplayable unless I want to keep a pair of binoculars on hand every time I'm in the mech bay.

#43 ConnorMagill

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 March 2023 - 08:00 PM

Hilarious to think this post was made about 6 years ago. Game should have had UI scaling before this post was made, and here we are 6 years after this post and still no UI Scaling. Such a basic function, because it's not a feature it's just something that the game should have to function properly.

Here's a suggestion to all of the devs, start playing your game exclusively in 4k and within 24 hours if not instantly you'll be annoyed enough to get this function implemented immediately.

#44 Dedra Meero

• PipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 April 2023 - 02:10 PM

UI scaling please!

It's 2023.

So many people are using ultrawide and 4K these days.

Get with the times already. Trying to use mechlab and the text and UI is so small you need a magnifying glass to read it.

Add UI scaling already. How hard can it be?

#45 BLACKR0SE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 1,375 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationTurkey/Sivas

Posted 23 April 2023 - 02:26 PM

this is my problem too.

#46 PsylentFox

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2023 - 08:17 PM

When my 4k monitor died a few months ago and I downgraded to a 1440p one I was a touch relieved because I didn't have to have a magnifying glass to see what I was doing in the mechlab anymore. lol

Crazy to see that this was a problem over five years ago and still hasn't been fixed. This is like... basic b*tch sh*t.

Coming into this community in January when I started playing MW5 I had always wondered why the community thought that PGI wasn't doing the franchise justice, and there was a lot of distrust in the community over their abilities, but seeing this? I think I'm beginning to understand.

(Though to be fair I was beginning to understand when the Raselhauge DLC launched and broke all of the Mods that I'd been using, and playing the game vanilla made me realize just how hard the modding community was carrying this franchise on their backs.)

#47 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 540 posts

Posted 15 August 2023 - 05:10 PM

It isn't a bad idea ... it's just not something imperative like lets say, improving the gameplay? New game modes? New features like melee (one can still dream) Saving the game to the point it might run for another decade? Just saying.

#48 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 16 August 2023 - 06:35 AM

View Postsimon1812, on 15 August 2023 - 05:10 PM, said:

It isn't a bad idea ... it's just not something imperative like lets say, improving the gameplay? New game modes? New features like melee (one can still dream) Saving the game to the point it might run for another decade? Just saying.

improving gameplay is a very nebulous goalpost. what does that even mean? ui scaling is a more well defined feature. the former requires a meeting to even figure out what "improving gameplay" means, while ui scaling would just be a line item on the to do list. modernizing the game would maybe perhaps bring in more new players who will stick around rather than leave in disgust because the game doesn't even have basic functions.

now i got to go sharpen my machete before the zombies get into the chickens.

#49 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 540 posts

Posted 17 August 2023 - 09:42 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 16 August 2023 - 06:35 AM, said:

improving gameplay is a very nebulous goalpost. what does that even mean? ui scaling is a more well defined feature. the former requires a meeting to even figure out what "improving gameplay" means, while ui scaling would just be a line item on the to do list. modernizing the game would maybe perhaps bring in more new players who will stick around rather than leave in disgust because the game doesn't even have basic functions.

now i got to go sharpen my machete before the zombies get into the chickens.

...dude in this game, every time there is an update, it is just PGI tweaking quirks, messing with weapons range, dmg, rate of fire, moving this a little bit over there, and new maps that are nothing to write home about.

Addition of melee system would really evolve the game play.
New weapons would really improve the fun in finding that personalized loadout that works just for you.
Reworking the heat system and how they affect the mech, why an energy weapon in the arm heat as much as one in the torso?
A knocked down system that discourage folks driving a piranha or a pirate bane and actually being able to physically stopping an atlas path.
A tutorial that actually guides players into the basics of navigating the features of the game like the mechbay, buying, joining a faction play.
New game modes that actually reflect the "war" aspect of mech warrior, as it stands right now it still feel too gladiatorial.
More support abilities, maybe one that summons an AI controlled demolishers that follow basic command like follow me, go there, hold this spot.

And those r just a the top of my head

#50 Fotracul

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 March 2024 - 06:40 AM

It has been 3 years since I moved to a 4K OLED, and there is still no scaling in the main menu why is that?
At least the UI in-game is scaled, but can someone at PGI explain why there is no UI scaling up to today, since many people are on 4K?
It was understandable 7 years ago when the OP made the thread, but now what is the reason?

Edited by Fotracul, 15 March 2024 - 06:41 AM.

#51 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 17 March 2024 - 02:32 AM

They never will, they are doing no development only the new/variation mechs and weapons.
Best outcome will be if they unlock the UI files and release its code for community mods.

Edited by Insects, 17 March 2024 - 02:33 AM.

#52 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 18 March 2024 - 02:28 AM

Reason: no programmers, niche game decade old, Frankenstein borked cryengine no one knows where the button is.

#53 Lord of All

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 581 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBottom Of a Bottle

Posted 11 April 2024 - 08:15 AM

Haven't played in years and all my skills are refunded and mechs are all changed and went to mechlab to straighten everything out to get back in to the game and it is UNREADABLE!!!!!

How do you expect people to play if they cannot read the FONTS?????

#54 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 12 April 2024 - 02:05 AM

We don't use ingame ui ;) build your mech age mechdb and then export the build code.

https://mwo.nav-alpha.com/

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 12 April 2024 - 02:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users