Why Pgi Hates Loyalists

18 replies to this topic

#1 IL MECHWARRIOR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:20 PM

if i take a loyalist contract

1) i waste matches in probation period for nothing

2) i get only 250000 bonus instead of 375000 or 350000 for the merc contract ( atm viper-nova cat at 50% and marik-liao 40% )

3) i get bored because i can use only 1 tech

4) i can not readapt to population shifts, so i have more chance to ghost drop

5) i can not readapt to PGI meta shifts, so if PGI does dumb stuff like in the past ( that 20 % nerf on all clan laser mechs together with 20% buffs on IS laser vomits that happened 2 years ago, or kodiaks that alphastrike 4 uac10 and have positive accell decell quirks on top of that)...i am pretty much ******

6) i get punished if i want to play also another tech because i get bored, by losing 25% of LP and being stuck in there for other 7 days.
This is a total and complete nonsense.

LOYALIST CONTRACTS SHOULD GIVE A 50 % LOYALTY POINTS BOOST LIKE IN THE PAST

YOU MUST PUT BACK THE 1 MONTH CONTRACT, WITH A 20% LP BOOST, that does not require probation or such stuff, like it was in the past

Edited by anonymous223, 23 August 2017 - 12:21 PM.

#2 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:50 PM

your wasting your breath

they wont listen

#3 Lawrence Frans

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:06 PM

decided to go loyalist, bad matches yesterday, very low scores .. it's costing me C-bills to play loyalist, not earning any .. heads up - bad players stay away from playing loyalist

basically yesterday I was paying to play as Loyalist

Edited by Lawrence Frans, 23 August 2017 - 03:09 PM.

#4 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:13 PM

They seem to hate clans too.

#5 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:27 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 23 August 2017 - 03:13 PM, said:

They seem to hate clans too.

PGI want to balance Clans against IS, there is nothing wrong with that. This is a first person shooter, not TT.

Balance is a good thing.

#6 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:54 PM

The whole contract and reward system need another look. For Loyalist and Mercenaries.

#7 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:52 PM

People were jumping around getting 2 mechbays from 10 factions, which is PGI's fault. You can still do it, its just much harder to faction hop.

I don't think it was about trying to blame CWs woes on player/unit freedom of movement, it was more about making tour de mechbay harder.

If we go back to the 2013 launch party, this is what PGI claimed.

Mercenary (lone)
Has no offical association with any faction
Works for himself
Earns prestige through contracts

Loyalist
Pledged to a house
employed by a faction
gains prestige by earning loyalty points and ranking up

Unit life (Merc)
Have agreed to work with other players in a structured organization
is employed by a Merc Corp
Gains prestige through team work and successful group contracts

Contracts
Non-faction players and merc corps can accept contracts on behalf of a specific faction
Have conditions for successful completion. Result in rewards
Beware, failure to complete a contract may impact future standings
(expect a lot of depth from the contract system)

Types of contracts
Planetary Assault Contracts
Skirmish Contracts
Bounty Contracts (player created)

Edited by Kin3ticX, 23 August 2017 - 07:54 PM.

#8 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:44 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 23 August 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

PGI want to balance Clans against IS, there is nothing wrong with that. This is a first person shooter, not TT.

Balance is a good thing.
Funny thing is BATTLETECH WAS ALREADY BALANCED!

There is nothing wrong with balance ,but I personnaly feel PGI hates the clans as we have never gotten anything good that i can recall of after the first wave.

Edited by KursedVixen, 23 August 2017 - 08:45 PM.

#9 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:17 PM

Yep, would be nice if you could be loyalist like for 2 months or so and then you could swap faction without punishment.

View PostKursedVixen, on 23 August 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

There is nothing wrong with balance ,but I personnaly feel PGI hates the clans as we have never gotten anything good that i can recall of after the first wave.

Yep have to agree with you ACH, HBK-IIC, Night Gyr, MAD-IIC, MCII and Kodiaks are and have always been total shait.

#10 iLLcapitan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBirdhouse

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:59 AM

omg.. ze pain... clan wolf baddies are all over the forums crying over their mechs' tragic fall from grace... plz buff clan wolf loyalists and nerf IS merc mechs - it's up to you to make sense of this.

#11 R79TCom1 Night Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest, USA

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:42 AM

I love the Clans, I think their 'Mechs look better and their builds are more in line with what I like to play, but they have never been balanced in Table Top. They are closer now after all the new technology the Inner Sphere developed during the FedCom Civil War and Word of Blake Jihad, but until then the IS relied on numbers not skill or technology.

Whenever I played the Clans against the Inner Sphere in 3050/3055 era technology I typically could take down 2 Inner Sphere 'Mechs of equal weight class before I was brought down. Anything that had not been upgraded with LosTech was a joke and could be destroyed without a second thought.

All of this is true with random rolling to see if and where I hit, 'Mechs falling down and able to do physical attacks, and terrain playing a much bigger role. Heat effects your to-hit rolls, and you can lose actuators that effect you aiming and movement

So, no, BattleTech is not a good example of how balance MechWarrior Online. With the game's ability to converge all weapons into one location, balanced number of 'Mechs on the battlefield, and a critical system that lacks engine and actuator crits. Even with those PGI would still have to tweak the numbers "in the Inner Sphere's favor" to make them on par.

Edited by R79TCom1 Night Lanner, 24 August 2017 - 09:14 PM.

#12 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:30 AM

I don't see any credibility. You talk about being loyalist yet everything you say relates to playing different factions and different sides, which is about being non-loyalist.

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 24 August 2017 - 08:31 AM.

#13 IL MECHWARRIOR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:20 AM

the clan/is discussion is a little bit off topic.

The facts remains: the actual FP is just a giant farm with no sense.

I wish we get back the old contract system, except loyalist contracts of 1 and 2 weeks to prevent mechbay shopping, and the old planetary system, where i could choose a certain planet and farm the poor HHOD and MS all day while they try to gen rush

Edited by anonymous223, 26 August 2017 - 10:22 AM.

#14 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:38 PM

So what are we complaining about? Are we complaining that Loyalists are stuck fighting for one side because by being a Loyalist you declare you loyalty to one side and one side only?

Sorry, dude-that's how it works for actual military forces, too.

You need to go through basic training, and prove yourself as a loyal member of the force, which is why that probationary period is in place. Everyone's got to prove they're in it for the long haul. And if you leave or desert your cause, you suffer the consequences. Be thankful you're not constantly hunted by faction police :P [like what they do to you in EVE Online].

You want to flip-flop between factions? Become a mercenary! Nothing, not even the 25% LP loss, is locking you in.

Edited by Commander A9, 26 August 2017 - 01:39 PM.

#15 Tavious Grimm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 255 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:20 PM

View PostKin3ticX, on 23 August 2017 - 07:52 PM, said:

People were jumping around getting 2 mechbays from 10 factions, which is PGI's fault. You can still do it, its just much harder to faction hop.

I don't think it was about trying to blame CWs woes on player/unit freedom of movement, it was more about making tour de mechbay harder.

If we go back to the 2013 launch party, this is what PGI claimed.

Mercenary (lone)
Has no offical association with any faction
Works for himself
Earns prestige through contracts

Loyalist
Pledged to a house
employed by a faction
gains prestige by earning loyalty points and ranking up

Unit life (Merc)
Have agreed to work with other players in a structured organization
is employed by a Merc Corp
Gains prestige through team work and successful group contracts

Contracts
Non-faction players and merc corps can accept contracts on behalf of a specific faction
Have conditions for successful completion. Result in rewards
Beware, failure to complete a contract may impact future standings
(expect a lot of depth from the contract system)

Types of contracts
Planetary Assault Contracts
Skirmish Contracts
Bounty Contracts (player created)

Can we have this please. It looks so much better then the current ***********.

#16 DargorA7X

Rookie

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:40 PM

+1

#17 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:40 AM

If PGI installs a limit of time on "Loyalists," then they are no longer "Loyalists," they are simply mercenaries with a longer-duration contract.

The whole point of being a Loyalist is so that you fight for only that group.

That was in the terms of the contract which you signed when you committed. You knew the risks, and you signed anyway.

And now you're complaining about it?

#18 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:44 PM

Uh...no. The balance in the tabletop is famously bad. You could see that with level 1 tech, they used some kind of formulae to balance weapon stats to some degree, but level 2 tech seemed to have been mostly balanced by feel.

The clan vs IS matchup in the tabletop is marred by a disparity in BV, especially if players insist on playing against 3/4 clan pilots for "lore reasons" (nevermind that 4/5 clan pilots are the norm in second line clan units). The end result is that the IS side usually gets a massive tonnage advantage. One of two things generally happen : Either the IS side is fast and mobile enough to get close enough for their tonnage advantage to win, or the clan side kites them for long enough for their range advantage to win.

You then get very weird battles that make no sense where clan units are forced to keep walking backwards 5 hexes to try and maintain their range advantage even though that is the opposite of how they fight in the lore, because moving closer to a IS force that massively out tons you is usually a bad idea. And thats assuming you dont get an opponent who thinks its funny to bring fast jumpy pulse boats and try to bore you into quitting. The kind of guy who thinks its funny to bring meta builds in MWO and then wonders why most people refuse to play with them if given a choice.

#19 KHAN ATTAKHAN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 446 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:57 PM

same old, same old

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users