How To Get Announced When Live Streaming?

21 replies to this topic

#1 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:53 PM

I recently switched to unlimited bandwith and thought I would try to do some live streaming here and there while I play and see how it goes. So I've sent a tweet to @MechWarriorF2P to ask if they only retweet special guests or what and I also asked NoGutsNoGalaxy and @TheBombadilShow how they get retweeted by @MechWarriorF2P.

Look like @MechWarriorF2P does not reply to our tweets. Anyone know who run that account?

I'm still waiting for a reply from @NoGutsNoGalaxy and @TheBombadilShow. Will they answer?

I thought I would ask here if anyone have a clue.

#2 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,014 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:07 PM

what does retweeting do?

been wanting to ask that for along time

#3 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:31 PM

No idea if you're serious... so look here.

#4 Skipmagnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:41 PM

Ngng has made noises in the past about supporting small streams, but I have no idea how to go about getting said support, or even if said noises are anything other than noises. It was certainly just noise when I was streaming back in the dark ages.

#5 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,014 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 24 August 2017 - 09:23 PM

sorry did not mean to insult you I don't have a tweeter or a face book account

hit up Phil

https://www.facebook...oGalaxyPodcasts

#6 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:45 PM

I now have asked @Angerbeard1 the same question like 8 hours ago as I write this post... have yet to hear from him.

And 3 hours ago I asked Russ and Paul, have yet to hear from them.

This is getting ridiculous... I mean we are all connected, should be a matter of minutes to get an answer.

#7 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:27 PM

ok and I'm adding more, asked @RjBass3 @nuttyrat @228IBR and also @jokerstream and have yet to hear from any.

#8 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,014 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:38 AM

I guess you have to be a big wig
did you try Tina?

#9 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:44 AM

View PostRhialto, on 25 August 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

I now have asked @Angerbeard1 the same question like 8 hours ago as I write this post... have yet to hear from him.

And 3 hours ago I asked Russ and Paul, have yet to hear from them.

This is getting ridiculous... I mean we are all connected, should be a matter of minutes to get an answer.

Mate, they're not running an on-demand call center for wannabe streamers.

Edited by Appogee, 26 August 2017 - 07:04 AM.

#10 Moadebe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 299 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:51 AM

What Appogee said. It is in the late evening hours of Friday. People are not working right now. NGNGtv did not stream today and the others were doing their Friday shows that they have setup (nuttyrat, rjbass, banestorm, impy, starwolfe.) Others that you listed i haven't seen cept joker and he wasnt on today either I don't think.

I have been streaming myself and it is slow going of course (cause I just started about a month or two ago.) Yet I do not expect anyone of the "big wigs" of streaming to throw me a shout when I demand it. Do a good stream. Become active in the twitch community. Host other streamers. Get known. Throw yourself out there and the word will come around.

You cannot just start streaming and expect people to start shouting your name to the heavens man. Stick with it, but don't expect to be recognized right out of the gate.

#11 Skipmagnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:47 AM

Or ever, possibly. NGNG supports who they want to support, not everyone.

#12 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:24 AM

Try tweeting out your stream with the #MWO hashtag. It helps. I tend to stream mornings on the US east coast, so these guys are usually asleep when I stream. Something about people being human, y'know?

#13 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:44 AM

View PostMoadebe, on 26 August 2017 - 12:51 AM, said:

You cannot just start streaming and expect people to start shouting your name to the heavens man. Stick with it, but don't expect to be recognized right out of the gate.

If you read my question I was just asking HOW they get retweeted by @MechWarriorF2P. I don't follow those accounts and do not expect any of them to retweet me but I follow @MechWarriorF2P since a long time to stay updated on MWO and I thought that account was retweeting almost any MWO fan promoting the game in either way like streaming it for example.

So yesterday I saw many announcements for these streamers and thought I would ask them, everytime I was seeing @MechWarriorF2P throw out a new tweet with new names.

I'm not on Twitch but Youtube Gaming. I don't want to get big neither be a star. I don't want to show ads, earn money, do contests and attract a large crowd. Heck I would not even talk in the mic while I play because my english suck, I would not chat in the window while I play either.

What I was looking for was simply just stream MWO when I can and help promote it... it is still the game I play the most when I have some free time so it was logical to me to look at giving a try at streaming now that I have unlimited bandwith. That would be some evenings like one or two hours and have @MechWarriorF2P to retweet me on those evenings. Even if only 10 would watch me play because they can't play themselves at the moment and they do enjoy watching some MWO action then I would be happy with that... but I can also completly ignore streaming and I would be fine.

View PostAppogee, on 26 August 2017 - 12:44 AM, said:

Mate, they're not running an demand call center for wannabe streamers.

I know and that's why I've let a few hours pass. Added last comment yesterday and said I would go to bed and look this morning if any have replied. I mean out of 10 I've reached I would have expected at least one to reply in the following hours because many are online most of the time, either computer, smartphone, etc. and they kept sending other tweets, just not a quick reply to me.

View PostEscef, on 26 August 2017 - 05:24 AM, said:

Try tweeting out your stream with the #MWO hashtag.

Yeah I thought of that too and forget about the rest. Thanks. At least I tried hard to see how it works...

#14 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:57 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 26 August 2017 - 12:38 AM, said:

I guess you have to be a big wig
did you try Tina?

Funny you ask because I saw her online yesterday evening and I tried to chat with her but it didn't work. Maybe she get too much attention when she goes online and I was like a random chat window in the ocean. Posted Image

#15 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 26 August 2017 - 06:04 AM

View PostAppogee, on 26 August 2017 - 12:44 AM, said:

Mate, they're not running an demand call center for wannabe streamers.

Posted Image

#16 Smites

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:15 AM

View PostRhialto, on 26 August 2017 - 05:57 AM, said:

Funny you ask because I saw her online yesterday evening and I tried to chat with her but it didn't work. Maybe she get too much attention when she goes online and I was like a random chat window in the ocean. Posted Image

Yeah... sorry but I think the only way to get noticed will be to have a relatively large stream/viewership size. Otherwise there's a good chance they'll ignore that guy with about a dozen viewers, even if he streams everyday.

#17 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:00 AM

View PostSmites, on 26 August 2017 - 07:15 AM, said:

Yeah... sorry but I think the only way to get noticed will be to have a relatively large stream/viewership size. Otherwise there's a good chance they'll ignore that guy with about a dozen viewers, even if he streams everyday.

No, they won't. However, it helps if you are known within the MWO streaming community. If any of the other MWO streamers know you, they will likely as not host you. This gets you some more exposure.

At any rate, try to think of streaming as a hobby. If you want to make a living do it, well, good luck. You'll need it.

Edit: While on the subject. Rhialto, you might want to add your twitch or other streaming location to your info. I notice that nowhere in this thread have you actually linked your stream, it's not in your social media contacts on your account, nor is it in your signature. I don't generally plug my stream here, but if you look under my faction/emblem/title, you will see links to my Twitter and, more importantly, my Twitch. Don't make people jump through hoops to help you and you are more likely to get help.

Edited by Escef, 26 August 2017 - 09:06 AM.

#18 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:46 AM

View PostEscef, on 26 August 2017 - 09:00 AM, said:

At any rate, try to think of streaming as a hobby. If you want to make a living do it, well, good luck. You'll need it.

Read my long post above, just over the text in bold.

Edit: While on the subject. Rhialto, you might want to add your twitch or other streaming location to your info.

I'm not on Twitch and YouTube Gaming is not in the options. I was not looking to promote myself here so that's why I never posted the link, I simply wanted to use the main MWO communication channel @MechWarriorF2P to let interested people know when I'm live.

#19 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:42 AM

View PostRhialto, on 26 August 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

I'm not on Twitch and YouTube Gaming is not in the options.

Yeah, that's gonna hurt your chances of getting any help. Twitch is where most of the MWO streamers tend to be, and the option to host other channels gives bigger streamers a great tool to help lesser known streamers. (I'm semi-known, but Baradul/MoltenMetal hosted me yesterday morning, and I got a lot of views and a couple new followers out of the deal.)

View PostRhialto, on 26 August 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

I was not looking to promote myself here so that's why I never posted the link, I simply wanted to use the main MWO communication channel @MechWarriorF2P to let interested people know when I'm live.

Just hashtag your stream announcements on Twitter, eventually people will notice. It also gets you picked up on the "Radio Chatter" section on the main page (which should probably be moved somewhere a bit more prominent than it is, IMO).

#20 Bombadil

No Guts No Galaxy

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:38 PM

Hi Rhialto and anyone else interested in getting retweets. It's actually really easy, and there is no conspiracy or exclusive list of people we will retweet. Just make sure to include @mechwarriorf2p and #MWO in your tweets, and if you can, also include @nogutsnogalaxy and @thebombadilshow.

This gives it the best chance that I'll see it, and if I see it AND AM AT MY COMPUTER, I will retweet it, whether you're big, small, veteran, or new.

I didn't see any of your previous tweets, and have been out since the end of the work day yesterday enjoying the weekend with my family. I just noticed Russ responding to your tweet tonight on my way home, which is what lead me to this thread.

Just include what I listed above, and be patient. We are humans with lives and aren't sitting in front of our computers waiting for tweets 24/7/365. Though I'm definitely in front of mine more than I should be Posted Image . Hope that helps!

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users