Damage Passthrough

2 replies to this topic

#1 Darlith

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 348 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:06 PM

So I have always strongly suspected that under certain circumstances damage done to the front of the mech is being applied to the rear of the mech. But in the heat of battle I can never be certain where all the damage is coming from. Then in the testing grounds tonight this happened while hammering away at the Cent with 4 UAC2's. Note, I only shot it in the front and after a bit I noticed the rear armor on the shoulder was missing and the internals had gone orange.

Of course we all know the testing grounds is buggy as hell, and hit reg gets wonky when a lot of things hit the target in quick succession. Still I found it amusing to see this as I never have before.

Posted Image

#2 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:36 PM

... it would really be best if you had the weapons on cooldown or something. I can't tell whether you really have something, or just shot the guy on the rear and THEN moved in front. Even then , you might have dealt the damage in advance.

You really should post a video.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 24 August 2017 - 10:36 PM.

#3 Darlith

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 348 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:44 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 24 August 2017 - 10:36 PM, said:

... it would really be best if you had the weapons on cooldown or something. I can't tell whether you really have something, or just shot the guy on the rear and THEN moved in front. Even then , you might have dealt the damage in advance.

You really should post a video.

Weapons weren't on cooldown because I overheated and noticed the damage when I powered back up. Was trying to get a rough feel for how heat worked on the mech and had nearly redlined taking out the Awesome before turning on the Cent. Can barely run the game so trying to record it at the same time is a no go.

Sadly tried about half a dozen times after that to replicate that moment, but no such luck, might try it again tomorrow if I remember.

I know it is hard to believe someone on the internet, but I just was spamming away at the 1 and 2 keys at its CT and RT from the front, you can not believe it if you want and that will be fine as well. Like I said never seen it actually happen before and doubt I will again.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users