7 replies to this topic

#1 Internal Obedience XIII-omega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 235 posts
  • LocationHPG LXXIII-omega

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:45 PM

So check this out, i been thinking and i think this idea would be cool...

PGI staff vs the Player base, 36 vs 36, Battalion vs Battalion on a map so largely scaled, multiple terrains are integrated in this ultimate showdown. Multiple objectives throughout the duration as well. Pit your your skills against the staff and show PGI who really owns the battlefield in this epic showdown. Is PGI just PGI? Or are they ComStar as some speculate? The rewards could be massive! For sport? Or for GLORY???

Players can sign up for specified day on the eve of battle. They can sign up twice only so this allows others to participate. Of course all slots are first come first served. Duration of this event will be held on the weekends for one month (Or depending on the player base that signs up) Failure to show up for the battle will severely hurt your group. Serious commitment is strongly suggested.

Any other ideas to help this event come to life? Please share!!!

Praise Blake!

#2 Smites

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:22 PM

They recently had a Whack-A-jenner event and WoW has similar events for BGs where they change up how the game plays in a select game mode.

Might be fun to have that.

#3 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:23 PM

View PostSmites, on 26 August 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

They recently had a Whack-A-jenner event and WoW has similar events for BGs where they change up how the game plays in a select game mode.

Might be fun to have that.

They said that was purely for fun and not going to be a thing.

They said something along the lines that it ate up bandwidth.

I know because I was there that night playing.

#4 Smites

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:24 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 26 August 2017 - 02:23 PM, said:

They said that was purely for fun and not going to be a thing.

They said something along the lines that it ate up bandwidth.

I know because I was there that night playing.

Yeah, it eats up a lot of bandwidth but... why can't it be a thing, purely for fun? Kind of cruel to let us watch them have fun and only do it once... without much warning.

#5 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:31 PM

View PostSmites, on 26 August 2017 - 02:24 PM, said:

Yeah, it eats up a lot of bandwidth but... why can't it be a thing, purely for fun? Kind of cruel to let us watch them have fun and only do it once... without much warning.

Probably development time to work out bugs and such, and then the time and commitment to it.

Let's also keep in mind next year that court case is coming up; and they already have a roadmap presumably of what they want to do. I like to think that if enough people got together and asked for it, it could be done.

#6 N0ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:08 PM

Not enough PGI staff to field 36, going to have to bribe volunteers.

#7 Smites

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:18 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 26 August 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

Probably development time to work out bugs and such, and then the time and commitment to it.

Let's also keep in mind next year that court case is coming up; and they already have a roadmap presumably of what they want to do. I like to think that if enough people got together and asked for it, it could be done.

Well, PGI (and really any gaming company that could) would like to see more community events or just fun new game modes so what if we take Tina or whoever else likes to host these streams and set up fun private matches? We can come up with fun stuff other than whack-a-jenner.

This shouldn't take from development time, cost any resources, etc. It'd just take 2, maybe 3 hours out of the day of whoever wanted to volunteer for this.

#8 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 August 2017 - 06:47 PM

Playing in 10 FPS seems fun.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users