Winners: Lego Mech Contest Round 2

115 replies to this topic

#101 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:08 PM

Last chance to enter or help others win by liking their posts.

#102 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:27 PM

About a half hour left. I will get to work tallying winners in the morning.

#103 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:02 AM

Ok! Thanks to everyone who participated and to PGI for providing so many mech pack prizes. I may later type up a humorous summary for each entry like I did in Round 1, but since I unwisely ended this contest on patch day, I thought it better to get the winners out quickly so people could potentially get Escalation mechs to use today. So, without further ado...

Grand Prize (Ultimate Mech Pack)
You guys made this one maddeningly difficult. We had two top contenders, and I went back and forth many times over the relative merits of their entries. In fact, I still have not decided; I simply said "frak it" and threw money at the problem.
Winners (in no particular order):
*For his Atlas and its impressive supporting lance, Talan01 wins an Ultimate Mech Pack from PGI!
*For his exquisite Hunchback 4G, Arend wins an Ultimate Mech Pack from Rekkon!

Runners Up (Collectors Mech Pack)
Wimping out on the previous tough choice let me award equal prizes to the next two people who I felt had comparable entries.
*For his red and black (friend of Jack) Bushwacker, Hank Wildcarde wins a Collectors Mech Pack from PGI! The committee might have to look into why Bushwackers are winning so often.
*For his very fine Cicada and Dragon, Rovertoo keeps his red and black separate but still wins a Collectors Mech Pack from PGI!

Still Getting Prizes (Standard Mech Pack)
*Sneaking into the winners circle with a stealth armor Raven, Alcom Isst wins a Standard Mech Pack from PGI!
*With another Cicada winner, SpairTyme wins a Standard Mech Pack from PGI!
*Competition for the final PGI pack was fierce, but his Hellbringer waited under ECM cover for the other opponents to duel to the death with handfuls of uncooked spaghetti, earning Aleski a Standard Mech pack from PGI!

Top Likes
I realized very quickly that the "like" system was not very good for determining honorable mentions. It meant I had to somehow consolidate people who had multiple entry posts vs. those that put more than one entry in a single post, and it inherently favored people who entered early. I think next time I might have to close the contest and open a poll or something for a week or two afterwards. Either way, a problem for future me.
Winner:
*Love it or love to hate it, a tiny Urbanmech wins Noodle Noggin $25 in store credit from Rekkon. It was out of my hands people; you did this. Posted Image

Honorable Mentions
*With yet another bug (seriously, someone build an Exterminator), Noodlejr's Cicada earns him $20 in store credit from Rekkon.
*For his itty bitty Warhawk and artistic Ebon Jaguar shot, EAP10 wins $20 in store credit from Rekkon. Rekkon is a sucker for Warhawks.

Congratulations to all the winners. If you won a mech pack, PM me your choice. To make Tina's life easier, I will be submitting all PGI winners in a message, after which it is in their hands to inject them. Get your picks to me ASAP so others are not waiting on you.

If you won store credit, you may pick any combination of items from the gift store whose total is equal to or less than your prize.

#104 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:37 AM

Hooooo ! I win a standard pack, it's awesome ! Posted Image

GG to anyone, they were some amazing build, like the Hunchback, or the Atlas... And the tiny Urbanmech was really funny and cool too ;)

See you on battlefield, lego fans !

#105 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:58 AM

Woo!

Great contest, loved seeing interesting techniques with them bricks, especially that window frame piece on the Dragon CT from Rovertoo, that was some pro stuff.

#106 Arend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 234 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:11 AM

Wow, cool 1st Place, did not expect that, the Atlas and Friends where a worthy Opponent, but real Stars for me where Rovertoo`s Builds who are mad accurate for their small Scale!

Thx to Rekkon and PGI for hosting this Building Competition and the Prizes!

#107 Hank Wildcarde

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:54 AM

Absolutely brilliant competition - thank you Rekkon for organising and for your generosity with the prizes, and also thanks to PGI for the prizes they have provided.

Great work everyone who entered Posted Image

The two winning entries from Talan01 and Arend were absolutely deserved - both the Hunchback and the Atlas Lance need to be submitted to the Lego Ideas page, would definitely buy if they were available!

Loved the smaller models too - a lot of creativity clearly went into making up awkward shapes from the available parts (Rovertoo's Cicada cockpit and EAP10's Warhawk "nose" spring to mind).

#108 EAP10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 401 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:55 PM

Congrats everyone! Big thanks to Rekkon for hosting!

#109 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:43 AM

Mech picks have been dispatched to PGI.

#110 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 06:58 AM

Congratulations! I enjoyed looking through the thread; you guys are building the stuff I wanted to be able to do when I was a kid, but was never able to pull off (especially WRT joints).

#111 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:18 AM

With one exception, everyone should have PMs with their prize codes. No rush, EAP10. If you want, you could even wait until the next mech pack is revealed to get its early adopter rewards.

#112 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:03 AM

View PostRekkon, on 18 October 2017 - 07:18 AM, said:

With one exception, everyone should have PMs with their prize codes. No rush, EAP10. If you want, you could even wait until the next mech pack is revealed to get its early adopter rewards.

I have receive no PM, does the private message came from PGI or you ?

Edited by Aleski, 18 October 2017 - 09:04 AM.

#113 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:18 AM

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Everyone who was getting a prize code from me should have a PM. I presume all the PGI prizes will be injected directly into your accounts, and I do not know exactly when that will happen.

#114 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:42 AM

Tina said mechs have been injected.

#115 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:23 AM

View PostRekkon, on 18 October 2017 - 09:18 AM, said:

Sorry, I should have been more clear. Everyone who was getting a prize code from me should have a PM. I presume all the PGI prizes will be injected directly into your accounts, and I do not know exactly when that will happen.

Haaaaaaaaa ok ! Posted Image

I haven't understand, that, sorry ! Thanks for the quick reply ;)

#116 Talan01

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Inner Sphere

Posted 20 October 2017 - 07:10 PM

I would like to thank Rekkon for doing this. This competition brought out two loves of mine into one thing. Legos and Mechs. Lots of amazing designs.

Arend's hunchback is really good. Nice detail there!

I am also a fan of Alcom Isst's Raven. I had started building one or my own until I ran into Alcom's thread about the raven and adopted some of the design into my Raven. Just simply brilliant!

Hank's Bushwacker is also really good! Nice color scheme! Well done!

Rovertoo's mechs are just great! Really like your Red Dragon.

Ace Selin. I have a 5 year old girl. So you showing us your child's build is really heart warming. Fantastic way to share the love!

Eap10. I love your mini mechs. Thinking they could be mechs on a hex map for a classic game of Battletech! Awesome job!

So many good mechs! So many great builds out there. I hope Rekkon runs another one and that we get to see new amazing mechs out there!

Thanks everyone!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users