• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 320 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUtah

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:52 AM

Hello everyone! Kitty Bacon here.

I just thought I would make a small topic on some Annihilator builds for people interested in this mech. Its a good 100 ton assault, given its a bit slow, but does its job well.

Its job: bring lots of dakka and pain!

First up, the ANH-1A (Big Betty). This mech is a bit slower than most annihilators, since most take the 300. It is designed to carry the maximum you can boat. The AC10s insure you have nice pinpoint damage for good heat and the LB10s give you the flexibility to crit open components. It can be used as a pushing assault bit its slow speed under 50 KPH make it a bit hard. It is, however, a great mech for just behind the main assault line to punch holes in mechs from 400m away. Its fun, but relies a bit on a good team to be used to its full advantage.

Up next is the mother of all heat capacity mechs. The ANH-1E (Bug Zapper) It uses single heatsinks, yes. It has a standard engine, yes. It has a heat capacity of 80 unskilled, yes. It bleeds up to 4 and a half heat per second without any skills. I have tested this build on my 1E and it works very well as a laser vomit mech with a 56 point alpha. Even on hot maps, if managed right, you can perform well with the high heat threshold you have. And if you find some water to soak your legs in, you get better cooling from the 4 heatsinks in you're legs. Takes some getting used to, but its fun (From my experiences lol)

Alternatively, you can run the ANH-1E (Cookie Cutter) which is a good large laser platform. Not as much heat threshold as the mech above, but works well when you fire 3 large lasers at a time. With the 2 Med pulse they are strictly a backup weapon, for when you lose the arms and need to zombie.

For those who have the Mean Baby, this build works pretty well. The MRMs are located on the neck of the mech just below the cockpit so, if done right, you can ridge peek and show off only your neck and cockpit to the enemies. Its why it has 2 MRM40s as opposed to multiple MRM launchers. The first 2 launchers are under the cockpit while the next is below. The MRM40s have a long stream, so face time comes into play but they do a LOT of damage if they hit. The lasers insure you can go pinpoint damage to mechs while the MRMs strip their armor away. I have found on River City, if you position right, you can fire over the top of some of the buildings and hit enemies behind that, most of the time, are unable to shoot you back.

The ANH-1X (Annihilatron) is a good, solid killer. 7 Medium Lasers with 2 LB20s hits like a runaway truck. Heat management is a little important on this mech, given so many lasers, but the LB20s do not have ghost heat like the AC20s. You can fire them without worry of a sudden shutdown so even if you are close to shut down, you can still fire away!

And that should do it for now. I will post more if people want to see what other madness I can come up with for the mech.

Kitty Bacon,
Signing out!

#2 Zelyoniy

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 82 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:40 AM

Assault whithout ams, slow assault whithout ams or ecm... Goodluck.

#3 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:43 AM

It was a good assault.
Now it gets its armor nerfed.

#4 Cybercobra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 151 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:36 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 18 October 2017 - 08:43 AM, said:

It was a good assault.
Now it gets its armor nerfed.

oh relax, its 6 armor per component, thats like less than 5% of its total HP.

its barely more than a single medium laser.

Edited by Cybercobra, 18 October 2017 - 09:36 AM.

#5 Felix von Buelow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 03:45 AM

Cybercobra is still wrecking faces in his LB60 Annihilator :P

#6 Katpocalypse Meow

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 02:07 PM

It's slightly less tanky then before but it's still a beast to deal with and I still tend to wreck face lol. And thanks again for your response on my 1E thread Kitty! Went from my least fav Anni to one of favs =^.^=

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users