Mazinger Z Infinity First Long Trailer

5 replies to this topic

#1 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:42 PM

Finally out, the first long trailer to the new Mazinger Z movie. The original bad *** giant robot that invented a whole genre, lives!

Edited by Anjian, 30 August 2017 - 08:43 PM.

#2 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:17 PM

WICKED !
Il Shortbus gustas ...

#3 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:16 AM

Dunno, I somehow cannot get warm with those "**** ton of pointless and partially giant explosion everywhere" style movies. especially whwn theres like, one good guy here, 300 baddies there and all the baddies gonna blow up in a few moments. Thats the Eyebrow raising, "yeah I guess I watch something else" Moment when that stuff starts happening.

#4 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:26 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 31 August 2017 - 03:16 AM, said:

Dunno, I somehow cannot get warm with those "**** ton of pointless and partially giant explosion everywhere" style movies. especially whwn theres like, one good guy here, 300 baddies there and all the baddies gonna blow up in a few moments. Thats the Eyebrow raising, "yeah I guess I watch something else" Moment when that stuff starts happening.

Basicaly the reason because the Battletech Universe started to exist.
A couple of guys absolutely sick and tired of the ridiculous idea of giant stopy robots fused with a bunch of teenboys and girls singing some kind of operetta like stuff to hillarious amounts of splosions flashes and other bad SFX while some shrill, generic, wannabe dramatic popsong tootles in the background.

#5 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:24 AM

Mazinger Z is basically the reason why Gundam, Macross and every giant robot anime ever existed in the first place, and by extension, all those who copied those anime, including Battletech.

#6 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:54 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 31 August 2017 - 05:26 AM, said:

Basicaly the reason because the Battletech Universe started to exist.
A couple of guys absolutely sick and tired of the ridiculous idea of giant stopy robots fused with a bunch of teenboys and girls singing some kind of operetta like stuff to hillarious amounts of splosions flashes and other bad SFX while some shrill, generic, wannabe dramatic popsong tootles in the background.

At some point they started to "kidify" the giant robots because some one, or some company (Takara, Bandai, etc,.) discovered they can sell lots of toys and models of these action series to kids. There were also a lot of complaints from parents about the violence of these shows --- and the original Go Nagai ones are pretty violent in standards for what you would show to kids. The action in Gundam and Macross are pretty tame when compared to all the Go Nagai ones (Mazinger Z, Great Mazinga, UFO Grandizer, Getta Robot, Steel Jeeg, etc,.) where the robots are pretty slashed, ripped apart, limbs torn, heads smashed, and still keep on fighting.

But its also because these particular shows are so graphic they are also well remembered.

While the good guys had it easy in the first few episodes, managing to defeat the bad guys at every turn, the bad guys kept evolving and making new, more powerful robots till there is even parity, and that's when limbs started flying.

This is actually a musical video in dedication to the series.

Koji Kabuto isn't a teenager and neither are any of the pilots in the Go Nagai series. The new movie itself isn't a reboot but rather set in a time long after the various TV series, where Koji himself is now a researcher.

Edited by Anjian, 01 September 2017 - 02:08 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users