Gameplay HUD

9 replies to this topic

#1 SlowPoke79

• PipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:50 PM

So does anyone else think that it is stupid you are blinded in your cockpit by a Gatling cannon even though the enemy mech is not getting a single head shot? Same garbage first person shooter ****, blood in your eyes!

Anyway I noticed a ton of garbage can mechs (urbies) just taking on assault mechs head on because they know the assault can't see ****.

PGI I think it is time to get rid of the ridicules splash damages in the HUD.

Thanks,

#2 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:00 PM

Well, it is Mechwarrior and visual protective filters are apparently Lostech.
Bcs in a real Mech the Software would filter out all effects that disturb your view as long it is capable of doing so - if not it would probably simply disaply an Empty Screen instead of blind the Pilot if he would not override that visual protection filter.

So - Yes - blinding effects are either a sign of the dystopian universe of lostech Battletech is or it is an oversight that slipped through in the development!

Could be both Posted Image

Edited by Thorqemada, 30 August 2017 - 11:01 PM.

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:17 PM

IMO, PGI should tone down AC2 and AC5 class weapons' shake and blind effects. Same goes for LRM5.

#4 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,062 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:18 PM

I don't see the problem with Urbanmechs being badasses and killing assaults. I assure I can easily accomplish that feat without aid of a rotary.

#5 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:51 AM

RAC is the worst offender. Most others have relatively okay flash.

#6 Trissila

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 439 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:37 AM

You're in an assault and they're in an Urbanmech. You don't need to see them beyond the first couple of moments -- basic object permanence should take care of the rest as you two-shot them with your alpha.

#7 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:36 AM

Hmmm, nah. Thermal on, shoot for center of the red brackets.

#8 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:56 AM

So HE explosive shells shouldn't make a blinding flash when the detonate?

#9 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:09 AM

People fail at reading comprehension again.

The OP was talking about how the splash graphics show up on your cockpit screen even though the rounds are NOT hitting your cocpit. If they were, they would be damaging the head location, which they are not.

It would be like if i wasnt hitting your windscreen with paint but the paint appears on your windscreen anyway. How does that even work?

Edited by Jun Watarase, 31 August 2017 - 08:11 AM.

#10 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:43 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 31 August 2017 - 08:09 AM, said:

People fail at reading comprehension again.

The OP was talking about how the splash graphics show up on your cockpit screen even though the rounds are NOT hitting your cocpit. If they were, they would be damaging the head location, which they are not.

It would be like if i wasnt hitting your windscreen with paint but the paint appears on your windscreen anyway. How does that even work?

I understood the OP perfectly, thank you.

You don't get blinded being shot in the leg, only in the cockpit or adjacent to it. And the thing ALL of the blinding weapons have in common is that they require lots of time to work the target. With the exception of LRMs, which are abysmal, that means face time. The suppressive effect of the explisions is one of the boons for that drawback.

If you are standing in the open and are trying to shoot back instead of spreading that elongated stream of damage while sprinting to cover, you dun derped. And even then: thermal on, shoot center of bracket.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 31 August 2017 - 08:45 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users