Not Sharing Armor Pays Off

28 replies to this topic

#1 SovietArmada

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 261 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:14 PM

Im telling ya, teamates are like free armor or something.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 FalconerGray

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 362 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:42 PM

Well yeah, you are a light. Great numbers, WP.

Looks like a fun game. What build on the WLF?

#3 SovietArmada

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 261 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:44 PM

5 MPL

#4 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,617 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:55 PM

View PostSovietArmada, on 31 August 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

5 MPL

Well with MPLs you kinda are sharing armor, even if enemy is that bad not being able to shoot you, but you are at shooting range and not hiding.

#5 Ruslan Savelyev

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:15 PM

Higher than I have seen in the last 2 months, and obviously a great score, but it says more about airstrikes than chassis or build. Very hot 'Mech on a very hot map in a short game? 6:24 game, so maybe 4 mins of fighting? Alpha striking an immobile unit on a heat neutral map for that long would do a bit over 900 damage, so best case this game was almost a 50/50 split between shooting and strike dropping.

#6 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:31 PM

View PostRuslan Savelyev, on 31 August 2017 - 09:15 PM, said:

Higher than I have seen in the last 2 months, and obviously a great score, but it says more about airstrikes than chassis or build. Very hot 'Mech on a very hot map in a short game? 6:24 game, so maybe 4 mins of fighting? Alpha striking an immobile unit on a heat neutral map for that long would do a bit over 900 damage, so best case this game was almost a 50/50 split between shooting and strike dropping.

He's in a ******* wolfhound, best case of 50/50 split meant he did 859 damage shooting in MPL range....

#7 Ruslan Savelyev

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:58 PM

ISEN is a great unit and any victory against them is impressive, but 900 damage itself is not a magical event, even in a light. He was in the right place to support the push and made the shots count. On the other side of it, ISEN likely was calling targets that were higher priority than a tanky 'Mech with less than 3.6 sustained dps.

#8 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:08 PM

Nice match.
To those that are telling ya "arty bla" "etc. Bla" please post your screenshot doing better.
Won't see many that already posted here. (if at all)
So good work Soviet, esp. ISEN are no scrubs either.
BUT your team was damn well stacked with top players. With this group it does not matter if there's a ISEN 4 man with the reds.
Nonetheless 1700+ in a light IS impressive...

Edited by kesmai, 31 August 2017 - 10:11 PM.

#9 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:27 PM

The amount of green in this thread is too damn high...

#10 InfinityBall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 405 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:29 PM

View Postkesmai, on 31 August 2017 - 10:08 PM, said:

Nice match.
To those that are telling ya "arty bla" "etc. Bla" please post your screenshot doing better.
Won't see many that already posted here. (if at all)
So good work Soviet, esp. ISEN are no scrubs either.
BUT your team was damn well stacked with top players. With this group it does not matter if there's a ISEN 4 man with the reds.
Nonetheless 1700+ in a light IS impressive...

Sorry. Any including strikes is invalid.

#11 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,798 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:43 PM

lights dont have armor to share so they are exempt from the share armor rule imho. and 9 times out of 10 the person who is saying share armor isnt planning on sharing theirs.

a more realistic strategy is fight together. we got brawlers leeroying into battle and campers/lermers holding things up by not advancing. players should always find a way to integrate their playstyle with what the rest of the team is doing in a way that yields results. if that involves using the team's potatoes as meat shields so be it, it worked for the op.

Edited by LordNothing, 31 August 2017 - 10:44 PM.

#12 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:17 PM

View PostInfinityBall, on 31 August 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

Ok.
Impress me with your best recent screenies. Without arty in that case...

#13 Jaster Me Reel

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:51 AM

Yeah, I was one of the last 2 on our side and I ran out of ammo <sademojiface>

#14 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:10 AM

View PostInfinityBall, on 31 August 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

said 385 InfinityBall 79 79 1.00 82 122 0.67 159 205
doing his honest and VALID work in his light

#15 CraneArmy

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:24 AM

I dont understand, is someone suggesting that sharing armor in a light is a good idea?

#16 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:51 AM

View PostCraneArmy, on 01 September 2017 - 05:24 AM, said:

I dont understand, is someone suggesting that sharing armor in a light is a good idea?

Na, I guess the title is sort of a clickbait. Given the 1700+ In a light it's ok with me.

#17 MechWarrior5152251

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:03 AM

"Sharing armor", LOL. there are no tanks in this game and no healers. Armor is reduced by fire. That is why its usually the lights alive at the end of most matches.

#18 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:05 AM

I'm not going to say it was a bad match..

But i will say i had a match in a firestarter about 2-3 weeks ago, that i dropped one air-strike, and one artillary, and shot at the enemy maybe 3 times because our team got rolled and pulled 1k damage.. I was actually shocked. Canyon theta deathball is real.. :P

#19 SovietArmada

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 261 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:16 AM

View Postkesmai, on 01 September 2017 - 05:51 AM, said:

Na, I guess the title is sort of a clickbait. Given the 1700+ In a light it's ok with me.

Actually that's what I was told by my group during that game near the end given the situation and they were right. I was giving a run around the mineral thingy through the narrow pass to cool down and flank, but because the game was on the last 3 players on each side and I was the freshest mech, I should have stayed with my teammates to present another target to shoot.

Sharing armor is a lights job too, one way they do it is give an enemy something to shoot at as they distract them while the heavier mechs can pull off shots freely when the enemy is focus on you. In my case I needed to be there with my 2 other lights that were badly damaged to share the armor.

#20 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:20 AM

View PostSovietArmada, on 01 September 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

Actually that's what I was told by my group during that game near the end given the situation and they were right. I was giving a run around the mineral thingy through the narrow pass to cool down and flank, but because the game was on the last 3 players on each side and I was the freshest mech, I should have stayed with my teammates to present another target to shoot.

Sharing armor is a lights job too, one way they do it is give an enemy something to shoot at as they distract them while the heavier mechs can pull off shots freely when the enemy is focus on you. In my case I needed to be there with my 2 other lights that were badly damaged to share the armor.

Exactly right,

Sharing armor isnt really the word to use IMO you just need to BE A TARGET in a light. If you are getting hit then you are doing it wrong but if they are shooting at you, turning there backs to the bulk of your team or even chasing your squirrels then they are doing their job.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users