#1 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:51 AM

Give us the mechlab ability to pick our hard point locations.

For example on the bushwacker which the torso missle bays stick out like, shoot me here please locations. I would run 4 srm 6 with artimis on the p2 with an xl if it was not for these god awful ears.

Give us the ability to change our cockpit window layout via cbills or whatever.

Some people like to shoot down uavs and some mechs have an annoying bar right where the uavs pop up. Cough caugh the hunstman.

Sorry pgi gotta be brutally honest.. spent more than 300 dollars on this game and my opinion has value.

Give us the ability to save and load mechload outs on our local system to save your "drive" space.

Give us 4 vs 4 stiener colosseum support at the minimum and update all the other maps to support any number of players. 12 vs 12 on stiener map would be carnage.

No where in any of the books or lore have i read mech pilots putting useless **** on the outside of their mechs.. camo patterns and colors to look like different units. Yes. Mechwarriors are not going to add useless weight to their mechs. Armor, firepower, logistics support, mobilty or nothing.

Give us a friends list that works properly. Also a friends list that has a search function. Come on msn messenger did it right 20 years ago.. this is 2017

Edited by Natred, 01 September 2017 - 08:41 PM.

#2 Lorian Sunrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:16 AM

How about no.

Why would anyone play anything other than the mech with the best profile if they could modify hardpoints?

This post comes more across as you needing to take a break for a bit but decided to rant instead. Just saying I spend money, my opinion matters, doesn't mean PGI will listen magically when your ideas are presented like this.

Edited by Lorian Sunrider, 01 September 2017 - 08:16 AM.

#3 Antares102

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:22 AM

Modifying hardpoints is impossible with the mech modeling of PGI because they have to model each hardpoint according to the mechs profile. Making this user-defineable would require a system that generates dynamic mech profiles which would be extremly tricky to design and program.

Edited by Antares102, 01 September 2017 - 08:57 AM.

#4 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:26 AM

PHuh, that bar on the Huntsman's never impeded me from shooting down UAVs. Wonder why it presents an issue to you.

#5 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:27 AM

View PostAntares102, on 01 September 2017 - 08:22 AM, said:

Modifying hardpoints is impossible with the mech modeling of PGI because they have to model each hardpoint according to the mechs profile. Making this user-defineable would require a system that generates dymaic mech profiles which would be extremly tricky to design and program.

And the same would go for those "annoying bars" as the op puts it that tent to block upper vision. This is part of mech geo, it would take some coding work to make that happen so I doubt it.

That being said I totally 100% agree with the OP about saving mech (and skill tree) loadouts and a 12 v 12 in a colluseum setting!? Oh damn the glory, the madness! I like that haha.

#6 Admiral-Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 578 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:41 AM

View PostNatred, on 01 September 2017 - 07:51 AM, said:

No where in any of the books or lore have i read mech pilots putting useless **** on the outside of their mechs.

Start reading about Captain Greg Oliphant, of the Eridani Light Horse.

http://www.camospecs...ee-bnc-3ebnc-3s

Posted Image

#7 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:48 AM

How can it be that hard? The bushwacker p1 has 2 right torso missle mounts and 2 left torso missle mounts. Should have something that allows us which mount we want the weapons to go into. Its not rocket science. Mount 1 or mount 2 with a simple box next to the weapon? Use your imagination.. honestly its their own fault for not pre planning this stuff ahead of time.

Need to put someone on their team with the gift of forsight and planning. The ability to plan everything is difficult but will save them money in the long run.

Edited by Natred, 01 September 2017 - 09:10 AM.

#8 Antares102

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:56 AM

View PostHGAK47, on 01 September 2017 - 08:27 AM, said:

That being said I totally 100% agree with the OP about saving mech (and skill tree) loadouts

About that I also 100% agree. Thats a no brainer for me as it would make the game experience better for players.

Edited by Antares102, 01 September 2017 - 08:59 AM.

#9 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:58 AM

View PostNatred, on 01 September 2017 - 08:48 AM, said:

How can it be that hard? The bushwacker has 2 right torso missle mounts and 2 left torso missle mounts. Should have something that allows us which mount we want the weapons to go into. Its not rocket science. Mount 1 or mount 2 with a simple box next to thw weapon? Use your imagination.. honestly its their own fault for not pre planning this stuff ahead of time.

Now your post makes more sense, originally this intention was not clear. I think most of us thought you want a feature to modify hardpoints instead of simply picking them.

I agree that the current state is quite suboptimal. There are builds where we have to put MGs or small lasers as placeholders just to be able to put the big guns in the higher mounts. Here i too would like some sort of hardpoint-picking instead of the current sequential one, this would be very helpful.

BTW:
Your points can be much easier discussed if you stick to one topic per post. Otherwise it's very possible that most points get lost during a lengthy discussion of one controversial one.

Sorry pgi gotta be brutally honest.. spent more than 300 dollars on this game and my opinion has value.

Money does not make your opinion more valuable. I worked on games where some players spent a whopping $30.000 and more. Had never helped them to get their personal dream game built by the devs. Posted Image

Edited by Daggett, 01 September 2017 - 09:09 AM.

#10 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:01 AM

Actually, locating missile hardpoints would be classified as 'rocket engineering.'

#11 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:17 AM

View PostDaggett, on 01 September 2017 - 08:58 AM, said:

Now your post makes more sense, originally this intention was not clear. I think most of us thought you want a feature to modify hardpoints instead of simply picking them.

I agree that the current state is quite suboptimal. There are builds where we have to put MGs or small lasers as placeholders just to be able to put the big guns in the higher mounts. Here i too would like some sort of hardpoint-picking instead of the current sequential one, this would be very helpful.

BTW:
Your points can be much easier discussed if you stick to one topic per post. Otherwise it's very possible that most points get lost during a lengthy discussion of one controversial one.
Posted Image

Thank you for the input, will attempt next time to select one thing at a time. The way my mind works is it throws everything together and sometimes that is how it comes out as a list.

Since inner sphere mechs do not have 1/2 ton missle spacers that is impossible to bump the srms into the low mounts without the aid of hardpoint selection.

Edited by Natred, 01 September 2017 - 09:18 AM.

#12 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,071 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:32 AM

For example on the bushwacker which the torso missle bays stick out like, shoot me here please locations. I would run 4 srm 6 with artimis on the p2 with an xl if it was not for these god awful ears.

The Catapults,timber wolves,mcmk2s, all have those useless ears too bro. They wreck stuff just fine.

Ever seen the locust 1vp cockpit?

Some people like to shoot down uavs and some mechs have an annoying bar right where the uavs pop up. Cough caugh the hunstman.

Have some one else shoot it. There are 11 other meat bags in your 'team'

That's nice. I've spent money too but no of my ideas have ever been added to the game like ik or customize-able mech decals created and uploaded by the players.

Give us the ability to save and load mechload outs on our local system to save your "drive" space.

Been an issue asked for since closed beta. Pgi is looking into it. pgi speak for fk off it'll never happen.

Give us 4 vs 4 stiener colosseum support at the minimum and update all the other maps to support any number of players. 12 vs 12 on stiener map would be carnage.

Meh. All their attempts to rework a map results in said map becoming worse than original map. See 8vs 8 maps remade into 12vs 12 maps.

No where in any of the books or lore have i read mech pilots putting useless **** on the outside of their mechs.. camo patterns and colors to look like different units. Yes. Mechwarriors are not going to add useless weight to their mechs. Armor, firepower, logistics support, mobilty or nothing.

Haven't read the books. Mwo misses lore in all aspects except for the mech names if all the lore nerds are right.

#13 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,828 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:47 AM

Posted Image

Also spending money doesn't give you a high priority status in this game and any other game.

#14 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:02 AM

View PostAlphaEtOmega, on 01 September 2017 - 08:41 AM, said:

Start reading about Captain Greg Oliphant, of the Eridani Light Horse.

http://www.camospecs...ee-bnc-3ebnc-3s

Posted Image

Putting jester caps, top hats and bow ties on mechs is the dumbest s%#t ever, i dont care if some nerd from the 80's thought it was cool and wrote a book about it or not that doesnt mean any of us have to think its a good idea.

#15 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:19 AM

Revis honestly i thought the same thing... I was attemptimg a little more diplomatic about voicing my opinion and letting it be known that is how I felt. Lol

#16 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:24 AM

I remember older games allowed you to put specific weapons into specific hardpoint locations (i.e., upper torso versus lower torso).

This one does not allow for that specific detail other than arm versus torso.

That's depressing...

Edited by Commander A9, 01 September 2017 - 11:24 AM.

#17 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:28 AM

The amount of money you spend on a game doesn't entitle you to anything more than what you paid for. I would be more careful about how much you spend.

As for weapon placement. Yeah that can be annoying. Especially when you have to waste tonnage pumping up the weapon to the mount you do want. Or adding launcher creates more hitboxes.

#18 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:49 AM

Putting jester caps, top hats and bow ties on mechs is the dumbest s%#t ever, i dont care if some nerd from the 80's thought it was cool and wrote a book about it or not that doesnt mean any of us have to think its a good idea.

And yet, guess who's getting bolt-on cosmetic geometry mods?

THIS GAME!

#19 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:51 AM

I just thought it was strange hard point selection is not part of the game where custimization and individuality is encouraged.

It is the small things that make a game go from good to great.. things like this.

#20 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 12:18 PM

Putting jester caps, top hats and bow ties on mechs is the dumbest s%#t ever,

thats why it should be added to the game, because it is dumb

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users