4 replies to this topic

#1 Odd Thomas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 165 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:47 PM

How effective are they?

Was thinking of a KDK-1 with 2 X LPL + 4 X HML.

Thanks.

Edited by Odd Thomas, 04 September 2017 - 04:48 PM.

#2 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:29 PM

KDKs other than 3 and SB are pretty much worthless after PGI's heavy handed nerf. Not recommended

#3 Odd Thomas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 165 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:47 PM

Thanks!

#4 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 05:56 PM

I would only recommend it if your looking for a alternative to the Dire Stare or something equally insane because the Alpha Strike is fun as hell but it far from optimized.

Piloted a similar build. It's not the easiest thing to do, the heat require trigger discipline and allot of bracket firing/chain firing so if your team is not supporting you = your going to get singled out, overwhelmed and crushed. Still, love that Alpha Strike.

#5 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:36 AM

Due to the nerfs that the Kodiaks went through they're all pretty much trash right now, especially the laser only ones that don't benefit from the high mounted ballistics in the KDK-3.

If you're looking for a laser boating Clan assault mech the Supernova or Marauder IIC might be for you. The Supernova is a bit heavier and moves slower while the Marauder IIC has a good top speed and high engine cap, though its agility is similar to the Supernova's.

Out of the two now that the MADIIC has been nerfed I prefer the Supernova. I can fit some devastating laser builds such as 2HLL+6ERML and alpha strike back to back once or twice before having to cool down to fire again. Supernova also has some very nice hitboxes, damage spreads on it very well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users