Jump to content

Wanting To Know The Quirks For Ebon Dragon


8 replies to this topic

#1 Mad Neko

    Member

  • Pip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:27 AM

As topic says, since I am thinking whether I'm better off with MLX prime or with ebon dragon.

#2 Ruccus

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:07 PM

It has the same 15% rate of heat loss quirk as the prime in its CT, but its 'group of eight' quirks are 10% missile cooldown and 5% missile spread. I think if you're running it stock the Ebon Dragon has better hardpoints but the Prime has better missile quirks.

That being said the best Mist Lynx builds probably utilize the MLX-G (or Ebon Dragon if you have it) right torso and at least one of the MLX-G's arms. While this 8 LMG build is popular, I like this 6 LMG build. The MLX-A arm has a rate of fire quirk for the MGs and it has an extra 24 points of armour in the arm so it's more difficult to pop off, and I like the extra range and damage the HMLs provide over the small lasers.

So unless you like the Ebon Dragon's paint job just stick with the Prime and add the omnipods you want.

#3 Audacious Aubergine

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:21 PM

https://mwomercs.com...oes-ii-release/ Details in the countdown thread :D

Edited by Audacious Aubergine, 06 September 2017 - 11:21 PM.


#4 Mad Neko

    Member

  • Pip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:23 AM

View PostRuccus, on 06 September 2017 - 11:07 PM, said:

It has the same 15% rate of heat loss quirk as the prime in its CT, but its 'group of eight' quirks are 10% missile cooldown and 5% missile spread. I think if you're running it stock the Ebon Dragon has better hardpoints but the Prime has better missile quirks.

That being said the best Mist Lynx builds probably utilize the MLX-G (or Ebon Dragon if you have it) right torso and at least one of the MLX-G's arms. While this 8 LMG build is popular, I like this 6 LMG build. The MLX-A arm has a rate of fire quirk for the MGs and it has an extra 24 points of armour in the arm so it's more difficult to pop off, and I like the extra range and damage the HMLs provide over the small lasers.

So unless you like the Ebon Dragon's paint job just stick with the Prime and add the omnipods you want.

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 06 September 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

https://mwomercs.com...oes-ii-release/ Details in the countdown thread Posted Image

Ahhh...thank you very much....no matter how many times i used google for that I can't find the answer to my question...turns out its hidden in that thread hehe.

On another note, I have been running the 8 MG build so much that i feel the need to switch it up with another lynx build just to change up the game hehe.

Thank you for your time gents.

Edited by Mad Neko, 07 September 2017 - 12:27 AM.


#5 Ruccus

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:12 PM

View PostMad Neko, on 07 September 2017 - 12:23 AM, said:

On another note, I have been running the 8 MG build so much that i feel the need to switch it up with another lynx build just to change up the game hehe.

Thank you for your time gents.


No problem. Snuggles just posted a video that reminded me of a very different Mist Lynx build to the 6 or 8 LMG builds that you might want to try if you're getting bored of machineguns. Before we got the Mist Lynx hero the ERPPC/ECM build was viable but required shaving off uncomfortable amounts of armour and this build is my new revision of it that seems to work well.

All you need is any Mist Lynx, the MLX-ED or MLX-G right torso for the energy hardpoint, the MLX-C left arm for the ECM, and while not absolutely necessary the MLX-A right arm for a 5% energy cooldown to help the ERPPC cycle a bit faster.

Edited by Ruccus, 13 September 2017 - 08:12 PM.


#6 KhanBhacKeD

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 280 posts
  • LocationDans les branches du skill tree

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:39 PM

Hey,

Remember many quirks get lost if you change hardpoint. But many of the structures/armor quirk are linked to the omnipod. It's more weapon quirks from the set of 8.

2 good build is 4Hvy Mes or 4Ermed, you can do that on ebon dragon or just take another myst lynx and take the 2 arms with 2 energy hardpoint, cause I don't like the weak energy torso from ED.

@Ruccus : I still prefer the old ppc design cause of the arm mount

#7 3RoyalStar1

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 December 2020 - 02:54 PM

It’s been awhile since anyone has written in this thread but I’m about to get ebon dragoon
And put 8 lug and 4 ersml would that work?

Lmg sorry not lug

#8 CFC Conky

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,294 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 11 December 2020 - 06:44 PM

Smurfy is your friend...Posted Image

https://mwo.smurfy-n...irks_light_clan

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#9 Aidan Crenshaw

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 11:56 PM

https://mech.nav-alpha.com/
is an even better friend Posted Image





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users