Ac/20 Lbx/20 Or Uac/20?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Walker Pryde

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:23 PM

I am having a dilemma on choosing which one of these types I want to run on my bigger mechs. They all have their +'s and -'s. Looking for input and advice/opinions.

#2 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:33 PM

View PostWalker Pryde, on 06 September 2017 - 12:23 PM, said:

I am having a dilemma on choosing which one of these types I want to run on my bigger mechs. They all have their +'s and -'s. Looking for input and advice/opinions.

Are you looking Clan spec or IS spec?

For Clan spec:

Pros:

LB:
Not burst fire
Good sound

Ultra:
Double tap

Normal:
No Jam chance

Cons:

LB:
scatter shot, ineffective past 10-200m

Ultra:
Burst fire
Jam chance

Normal:
Burst fire

IS Spec:

Pros:

LB:
Slightly cooler
Good sound

Ultra:
Double Tap
same crits as normal AC/20

Normal:
Good Sound
Single shot

Cons:

LB:
11 crits
ST Mount only with Standard engine
Scatter shot, useless past 200m

UAC/20:
Burst Fire
Weak sound
Jam chance

Normal AC/20

That's just a quick and dirty look at them, I'm sure someone will be along that will go in to much greater depth as well as those that have anecdotes about how they make bad weapons like LB's work for them.

#3 Athom83

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:50 PM

By your faction affiliation I will assume clan.

It depends on what you want to pair the weapon with. If you were pairing them with lasers or ATMs, UAC would be your best bet. If you were pairing them with SRMs, then you'd want to use the LB-X. The standard ACs for the clans are basically garbage and you should NEVER use the cAC/20. If you just had the ballistic, then the UAC is by far the best.

cUAC/20; Really good burst damage despite is being 4 shots per trigger pull. When properly aimed it can chew through targets with ease. Really high chance to jam though.
cAC/20; The only upside this has over the UAC/20 is that is runs slightly cooler (not by much).
cLB-20X; This is the heavy hitter for the brawling. The really high velocity paired with the crit-seeking nature can really tear people to shreds.

However if you were thinking IS, then it would be different. You would pair the lasers or LRMs with the LB-X. You would pair SRMs with the standard AC. And you would pair the UAC with some MRMs. If you just ran the ballistic... honestly all of them hold their own and it really is up to personal preference and playstyle.

UAC/20; Really good burst damage with 3 shots per trigger pull. When properly aimed it can chew through targets with ease but requires substantial face-time. Seemingly is has less jam chance than the cUAC/20, but it jams for a really long time when it does.
AC/20; Puts a pinpoint 20 damage in a single location when up close. Its really nice when you want to punch someone in the face when they get to close to you. Slow velocity means its a bit difficult to aim at times.
LB-20X; The really high velocity paired with the spread makes this weapon really useful against light and medium mechs. If you hit someone with an open component, there isn't likely to be any equipment left in there when you're done. Down-side is that its ST only with Std engine currently until (if) crit-splitting becomes a thing (which I wouldn't mind wither way).

Edited by Athom83, 06 September 2017 - 12:58 PM.

#4 Walker Pryde

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:59 PM

Well, Athom, your comment helps because I do play just Clan and I was thinking AC/20's. However, I will stay away from those. Sounds like they don't pair up with anything for the Clanners. Sometimes I wish this game worked a little bit more like the table-top which I have been playing on and off for about the last 33 years. If it did I would just go with jump jets and pulse lasers with a clan targeting computer for called shots.

#5 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:51 PM

View PostWalker Pryde, on 06 September 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

Well, Athom, your comment helps because I do play just Clan and I was thinking AC/20's. However, I will stay away from those. Sounds like they don't pair up with anything for the Clanners. Sometimes I wish this game worked a little bit more like the table-top which I have been playing on and off for about the last 33 years. If it did I would just go with jump jets and pulse lasers with a clan targeting computer for called shots.

If it worked like TT, than the IS LB-20X wouldn't be a flaming dumpster of a weapon... between crit splitting and dual ammo types it'd actually be a solid choice.... Amusing thought, if we had crit splitting we could see monsters like the Crusader 8S that uses a HGR+isXL engine...

Also if it worked like TT, there would be no normal clan AC/s....

#6 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:36 PM

C-UAC20 are garbage

IS lb20 are pretty much impossible to use, too big.

C-lb20 are brawling delight. BOOM twist...BOOM twist...

IS-UAC20 seem better. Only 3 shells, right?

IS-Ac20 is a bit out classed unless quirked. I though HBK-G was dead but i guess its a thing again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users