The Jarl's List: The Leadboard Tool You've Been Waiting For!

349 replies to this topic

#341 rook

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 07:17 AM

View PostBlue Pheonix, on 24 August 2018 - 01:21 PM, said:

Jarls list is a great option compared to the standard MWO leaderboards. However, as some have said, it still does not differentiate between solo play with 100% random people and play and when you drop with at least one other person consecutively and communicate tactics, kills and the like through Teamspeak (or another means). This is a big deal.

There is a tremendous difference between completely random PUG play (which I do/did) and teaming up with at least one other person. Ive done both but 99.99% of my games are with 100% random people. I can tell you that their is a huge difference between the two. The players who team up will almost always have significantly better stats when pairing with another player. Significantly better. Especially with W/L ratios.

If you are trying to say that "if you group, your stats get better", I'm going to have to disagree. I'm a middle of the road player, and group que is terrible for me. I do much better (stats wise) in solo que. While this might be true for if good players group with good players, but there is always someone on the other team who has to lose.

#342 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 09 November 2018 - 09:52 AM

View Postrook, on 09 November 2018 - 07:17 AM, said:

If you are trying to say that "if you group, your stats get better", I'm going to have to disagree. I'm a middle of the road player, and group que is terrible for me. I do much better (stats wise) in solo que. While this might be true for if good players group with good players, but there is always someone on the other team who has to lose.

Group queue is a terrible place if you're not a very good player. If you are a good player... you can basically farm it. The one season I played mostly group queue my K/D and W/L were both basically double what they are in solo queue. Solo queue though I generally score higher match score at the expense of my stats, so Jarl's actually places me higher.

#343 Scurro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 10:43 AM

Due to requests, I've added dates next to seasons for single player searches.

EDIT:

Dates are now also available on charts. Hover over line value to see date.

Posted Image

Edited by Scurro, 16 November 2018 - 12:36 PM.

#344 ocular tb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 542 posts
  • LocationCaught Somewhere in Time

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:05 AM

Very nice!

#345 Scurro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 143 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 01:59 PM

The leaderboard now supports autocomplete while typing player names and wildcards.

Autocomplete is limited to first 20 pilots sorted by games played and doesn't start until at least three characters. This should always put alts or randoms near the bottom when searching.

Wildcards are supported for single search only. It will not apply if you are doing player comparison searches.

Wildcard character is asterisk(*) and requires at least three characters. Multiple wildcards are supported, e.g. *dane*.

I wasn't sure where to put this info about the wildcards so I just put it in the tooltip of input box if you forget.

Enjoy.

https://leaderboard.isengrim.org

#346 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 22 March 2019 - 07:25 AM

why do some seasons list mech usage % like
0% 0% 0% 0%
or
0% 0% 0% 59%

#347 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 09:35 AM

View Postrook, on 09 November 2018 - 07:17 AM, said:

If you are trying to say that "if you group, your stats get better", I'm going to have to disagree.

When grouped I seem to get ~nothing but short waiting times and easy wins against solo players, with no enemy group in sight...

When solo I seem to get ~nothing but long waiting times and one-sided losses against grouped players...

And I think what happens is that the bigger your group is, the shorter your waiting times become, and the less likely two big groups are to meet each other, because of how short their respective waiting times are.

So the "win/loss" stat definitely receive a huge boost from grouping, and because the grouped team is a whole lot more likely to score 48 kills then the random solo group, that means every other stat gets boosted too. If not for every single grouped player, then definitely for the total stats achieved by the 12 players in that group.

So "win/loss" is more of a team stat then a player stat, and the higher your "win/loss" stat is, the higher you should expect your player stats to be, compared to a player with a lower "win/loss" stat then yours.

#348 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 09:44 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 22 March 2019 - 09:35 AM, said:

When grouped I seem to get ~nothing but short waiting times and easy wins against solo players, with no enemy group in sight...

When solo I seem to get ~nothing but long waiting times and one-sided losses against grouped players...

And I think what happens is that the bigger your group is, the shorter your waiting times become, and the less likely two big groups are to meet each other, because of how short their respective waiting times are.

So the "win/loss" stat definitely receive a huge boost from grouping, and because the grouped team is a whole lot more likely to score 48 kills then the random solo group, that means every other stat gets boosted too. If not for every single grouped player, then definitely for the total stats achieved by the 12 players in that group.

So "win/loss" is more of a team stat then a player stat, and the higher your "win/loss" stat is, the higher you should expect your player stats to be, compared to a player with a lower "win/loss" stat then yours.

what group sizes do you have, my drops solo in EU prime time till midnight are pretty instant and slowly shift more and more to N American servers.

But we also tried group play with 2 people, was horribly 5minutes of waiting even at the prime time. :/

#349 Scurro

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 09:46 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 22 March 2019 - 07:25 AM, said:

why do some seasons list mech usage % like
0% 0% 0% 0%
or
0% 0% 0% 59%

This happens when a player played enough games to be tracked in the global leaderboard but did not play at least 10 games in one of the classes.

For example if a player played 20 games in a season as 5 light, 5 medium, 5 heavy, and 5 assault, the jarls list would have no clue what classes they played as all the class leaderboards require at least 10 games.

#350 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 10:03 AM

View PostScurro, on 22 March 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

This happens when a player played enough games to be tracked in the global leaderboard but did not play at least 10 games in one of the classes.

For example if a player played 20 games in a season as 5 light, 5 medium, 5 heavy, and 5 assault, the jarls list would have no clue what classes they played as all the class leaderboards require at least 10 games.

Ah ok thx, good to know. I totally forgot about those minimum requirements in the class boards.

Edited by Lily from animove, 22 March 2019 - 10:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users