Looking For An Active Unit

12 replies to this topic

#1 Knick Knack

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:58 AM

Hello there, I'm a fairly new player but I've been doing extremely well in-game. I am looking for a unit that runs drops often, if not daily at least a few times a week. I originally joined clan wolf because I liked their style but soon found out most units in it aren't very active. As a result I am willing to change over to a different faction or just become a Merc.

As for my skill: my average match damage in quickplay is >1k, not uncommonly pushing close to 2k. I'd like to get a unit that will allow for better teamplay as carrying matches will only get you so far. As I understand it, a bunch of unskilled people that work well together will win against a team of aces who all run solo, I get that and I want to be a part of a team that everyone is generally doing well and not just me. Also I enjoy experimenting with new ways to play, for example I realize I am terrible with light mechs but I try to use them anyway which normally results in terrible matches. That being said, I'd rather improve my game across the board then pad my stats with amazing numbers doing only what I know.

Here is some more info about me:

I'm a North American player
Active in the evenings central time
Has discord and can use voice or whatever
I like long range weapon support and brawling
I generally play this game every day
Still kind of learning to play
Super clueless about how to network in this game (hence why I am here)
Really into BattleTech
Love tabletop games in general

I was told by a friend that maybe I ought to peruse these groups: 228, NS, EmP, 420, and Kcom, but I've no idea about any of these, or how to do so as again I am stupid about these things.

Edited by Knick Knack, 11 September 2017 - 01:18 PM.

#2 Starwulfe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 163 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:38 PM

KCom drops on the Comstar TS server, about 3/4ths the way down.
na1.mech-connect.net
no password

Or you can put http://tinyurl.com/kcomts in a browser and it will drop you into the top KCom channel.

Edit:
We're primarily focused on FW and play NA prime time and into Oceanic.

Edited by Starwulfe, 08 September 2017 - 10:10 AM.

#3 Knick Knack

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 03:38 AM

View PostStarwulfe, on 07 September 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

na1.mech-connect.net
no password

Or you can put http://tinyurl.com/kcomts in a browser and it will drop you into the top KCom channel.

Can you tell me what KCom is about a little bit?

#4 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:02 AM

View PostKnick Knack, on 08 September 2017 - 03:38 AM, said:

KCom is a good unit. Go play with them. As a new player, you could learn a lot from them.

#5 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 08 September 2017 - 05:40 AM

You may want to also consider Clan Diamond Shark [DSx]. About us:

DSx is a Clan loyalist unit with a focus on Faction Play. We are a developmental unit, meaning we accept pilots of all skill levels as long as they follow our motto; Grace, Honor, Respect.

Despite our modest size (~65 members, ~40 regularly active), in the last three Battle of Tukayyid events, DSx placed 6th, 3rd, and 3rd respectively among all Clan units. Our approach to FP is unique and requires a high degree of drop deck cohesion and coordination.

Clan Diamond Shark has a rich history that dates back to the MWII competitive leagues in the 90's. We have stable leadership with only four Khans during this time. You can read more of our history here.

If interested, I can PM you our TS.

#6 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:59 AM

A number of us are including my guys (12th Bear Guards) are on the Clan TS server. Come by and try dropping with some of us there. There are several units from all of the Clans there on the server as well.

STRANAMECHTY.INFO

PW: StranaMechty

#7 Leone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:06 PM

View PostKnick Knack, on 08 September 2017 - 03:38 AM, said:

I am but a member and not an official spokesperson for my unit, but we're about, at our core, Teamwork and Aggression. We believe that sharing armour is a viable tactic, and feel that if you see a friendly infront of you, it means you need to move up. Holding position cedes the initiative to your enemy and let's them dictate the nature of the engagement. We tend to brawl due to the nature of the game and the implementation of those ideologies.

You do not need to join us to drop with us, and in fact, I'd suggest hopping about on team speak and trying out every unit whose expressed interest. We're more'n happy to let folk join if we've room, though if we're full up we tend to make space for members, but we've been know to split into multipule groups if we've enough folk on. But this game's got plenty of great folks in it, with differing styles and personalities, and it never hurts to test the waters and make friends.

~Leone, of Kell's Commandos

Edited by Leone, 08 September 2017 - 06:06 PM.

#8 Jetwash

• PipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 36 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:14 AM

LRM user Brawling for an Ace Of Spades Title!

Would be welcome to drop wit a Bear Loyalist group(12BG) on stranamechty..

We also have a forum on enjine and a nice Face Bookgroup, Here @ 12 BearGuards.

Most players active are US time zones with some Euros and Ocieanic for spice!

feel free to stop by

#9 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:41 AM

View PostLeone, on 08 September 2017 - 06:06 PM, said:

I am but a member and not an official spokesperson for my unit, but we're about, at our core, Teamwork and Aggression. We believe that sharing armour is a viable tactic, and feel that if you see a friendly infront of you, it means you need to move up. Holding position cedes the initiative to your enemy and let's them dictate the nature of the engagement. We tend to brawl due to the nature of the game and the implementation of those ideologies.

You do not need to join us to drop with us, and in fact, I'd suggest hopping about on team speak and trying out every unit whose expressed interest. We're more'n happy to let folk join if we've room, though if we're full up we tend to make space for members, but we've been know to split into multipule groups if we've enough folk on. But this game's got plenty of great folks in it, with differing styles and personalities, and it never hurts to test the waters and make friends.

~Leone, of Kell's Commandos

After that I think you should be considered for the role of spokesperson, well said Leone.

#10 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:49 AM

Out of all the units that have offered here, I would seriously take up KCom's offer.

Edited by Vxheous, 09 September 2017 - 03:49 AM.

#11 Knick Knack

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:31 PM

View PostStarwulfe, on 07 September 2017 - 12:38 PM, said:

na1.mech-connect.net
no password

Edit:
We're primarily focused on FW and play NA prime time and into Oceanic.

I will talk to these Kcom people too, I've just been exploring every unit around that I can, seeing if I can get a best fit.

I will hang out in the Kcom TeamSpeak though, if anyone is around for that.

Edited by Knick Knack, 11 September 2017 - 01:17 PM.

#12 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:07 PM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 19 September 2017 - 10:06 AM.
unconstructive

#13 Knick Knack

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:53 PM

Are there units that run quickplay drops often? Me and a friend are desperately trying get into a nice unit just so we can know what teamplay and success is in this game. We drop as two and lose nearly every game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users