3 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:37 AM

I know, old school. Still I enjoyed Mario Kart, or Mario Cart as some people called it. Hitting other players with a turtle shell was sheer fun. I often used Mario. Never had the ...... to play the Princess. Still I loved this game.

Anyone else enjoy this game?

#2 Exilyth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:34 PM

Yes, but I preferred F-Zero.

#3 ocular tb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 543 posts
  • LocationCaught Somewhere in Time

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:54 PM

The only one I played a lot and really liked was Mario Kart 64. All I ever wanted from new Mario Kart games was an expanded version of MK64 with some extra options. They don't even have to upgrade the graphics or sound just add the following:

-More tracks for both GP and Battle modes.

-Ability to select tracks to make a custom "cup".

-Ability to change number of laps instead of every race only being 3 laps.

-A few extra characters so we could have a 12 player race could be interesting but not mandatory.

-Maybe even add an extra CC level so they could go noticeably faster. Not mandatory.

-*Shoot, I forgot about this but it's important- the ability to skip the scene where you go to the castle to get your trophy after the last race of a cup series. Yeah the reset button works fine, but I shouldn't have to do that every time.

Other than what I listed, I think the game was great and I had a lot of fun playing it. The games that came after MK64 I think lost the feel of MK64 and became overly complicated. Plus I wasn't a fan of the Wii and the wonky controls. As it was I think it was a good balance of being simple enough that you could just jump into and yet had enough challenge in it that races could still come down to the wire, especially when playing with friends.

Oh, and battle mode was pretty fun but I only had one friend that was good enough at it that I could play with. We usually played Block Fort and there would be shells bouncing all over the place between the walls and that made for some really treacherous but exciting and fun games. Big Donut was good too.

I always used Mario and my friend always picked Yoshi. Seems everybody I know that played it liked using Yoshi. I learned a few years ago that Yoshi was arguably the best and Mario and Luigi were the worst lol.

Edited by ocular tb, 30 August 2017 - 07:17 PM.

#4 ColonelProctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 243 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHorn Lake, Mississippi

Posted 09 September 2017 - 12:40 AM

View Postocular tb, on 30 August 2017 - 06:54 PM, said:

The only one I played a lot and really liked was Mario Kart 64. All I ever wanted from new Mario Kart games was an expanded version of MK64 with some extra options. They don't even have to upgrade the graphics or sound just add the following:

-More tracks for both GP and Battle modes.

-Ability to select tracks to make a custom "cup".

-Ability to change number of laps instead of every race only being 3 laps.

-A few extra characters so we could have a 12 player race could be interesting but not mandatory.

-Maybe even add an extra CC level so they could go noticeably faster. Not mandatory.

-*Shoot, I forgot about this but it's important- the ability to skip the scene where you go to the castle to get your trophy after the last race of a cup series. Yeah the reset button works fine, but I shouldn't have to do that every time.

Other than what I listed, I think the game was great and I had a lot of fun playing it. The games that came after MK64 I think lost the feel of MK64 and became overly complicated. Plus I wasn't a fan of the Wii and the wonky controls. As it was I think it was a good balance of being simple enough that you could just jump into and yet had enough challenge in it that races could still come down to the wire, especially when playing with friends.

Oh, and battle mode was pretty fun but I only had one friend that was good enough at it that I could play with. We usually played Block Fort and there would be shells bouncing all over the place between the walls and that made for some really treacherous but exciting and fun games. Big Donut was good too.

I always used Mario and my friend always picked Yoshi. Seems everybody I know that played it liked using Yoshi. I learned a few years ago that Yoshi was arguably the best and Mario and Luigi were the worst lol.

Agreed, loved Mario Kart 64. We had weekends where nights were devoted to this or Goldeneye and among our friends, whoever lost the next had the guy who lost his spot. This provided us hours of entertainment. And of course naturally moved on to Halo when my brother got an XBox.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users