9 replies to this topic

#1 Cpt Contego

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 73 posts
  • LocationQueensland, Australia

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:56 PM

Is anyone else having this issue? Myself and 2 friends waited for 30 mins to not get a game with an Assault, Med, & Light, then tried for another 10 mins with Med, Med, Light again to no avail :(

What's the go, my online friends list has plenty of people on, some in groups, some without, is a group of 3 some sort of cursed number or something? Why can we not get a game?

Once we gave up and my friends left, I had no issue getting solo games, (Different queue I know). It just sucks that we wait that long to not play together... This kind of thing turns people away from a game. It's not like this was the first time either, this has happened a lot within the last fortnight or so.

#2 Brain Cancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:58 PM

Actually, yes. Max group size is 8.

Eight plus three is....eleven, meaning you have no way to fill a 12-man group properly.

#3 Cpt Contego

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:07 PM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 11 September 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

Eight plus three is....eleven, meaning you have no way to fill a 12-man group properly.

Can the match maker not grab a random pug like it does for Faction?

Or can it not grab another odd maned group? Say, 3 + 5 + 4? Or 3 + 7 + 2? Or any of the other combination of numbers? What are the odds that no other group is dropping with an odd number of pilots?

Edited by El Contego, 11 September 2017 - 02:09 PM.

#4 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:07 PM

2 and 3 mans can take a really long time to get matches unless it is a peak time. tuesday early afternoon EU time.. probably not very good for wait times. just get 4th, doesn't even matter if they are a potato, or just drop solo is about the only thing people can suggest.

View PostEl Contego, on 11 September 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

Can the match maker not grab a random pug like it does for Faction?

No. But you can grab a random and group with them.

Edited by Ghogiel, 11 September 2017 - 02:09 PM.

#5 TKSax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:12 PM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 11 September 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

You can have anysize group except 11.

#6 Cpt Contego

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:16 PM

View PostGhogiel, on 11 September 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

2 and 3 mans can take a really long time to get matches unless it is a peak time. tuesday early afternoon EU time.. probably not very good for wait times. just get 4th, doesn't even matter if they are a potato, or just drop solo is about the only thing people can suggest.

No. But you can grab a random and group with them.

Fair enough

#7 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:32 PM

You can have anysize group except 11.

OK. Max SANE group size is eight. Odd numbers tend to run into issues and ten not only eats into tonnage, but you have to hope someone dropped a pair into group queue.

#8 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:40 PM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 11 September 2017 - 02:32 PM, said:

OK. Max SANE group size is eight. Odd numbers tend to run into issues and ten not only eats into tonnage, but you have to hope someone dropped a pair into group queue.

Try not to let your opinions get in the way of the facts when educating folks around here eh? Teams run 9, 10, 12 to good effect often enough.

#9 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:59 PM

View PostEl Contego, on 11 September 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

Is anyone else having this issue? Myself and 2 friends waited for 30 mins to not get a game with an Assault, Med, & Light, then tried for another 10 mins with Med, Med, Light again to no avail Posted Image

What's the go, my online friends list has plenty of people on, some in groups, some without, is a group of 3 some sort of cursed number or something? Why can we not get a game?

Once we gave up and my friends left, I had no issue getting solo games, (Different queue I know). It just sucks that we wait that long to not play together... This kind of thing turns people away from a game. It's not like this was the first time either, this has happened a lot within the last fortnight or so.

I drop 3 into group queue all the time, don't have problems getting games. It's because you're in Oceanic timezone, and it's notoriously bad getting group queue games in Oceanic primetime.

#10 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:50 PM

I haven't played much GQ but just had a bunch of games with 4 and 3 man group. We had barely any waiting time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users