84 replies to this topic

#81 ThunderKats

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:26 AM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 11 September 2017 - 04:39 PM, said:

Okay I have to ask, what does "alpha lance" mean in this context? Is it just a gimmic name for sale event or something actual?

I have play all those mechs and they are like best mechs to take front line in Factions Warfare (favorites amoung players), Is like top of the spear mechs more than just an Alpha, but I guess they use Alpha as "favorite" choice for been top performance mechs.

#82 Darrious Quinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:27 AM

View PostThunderKats, on 14 September 2017 - 08:26 AM, said:

I have play all those mechs and they are like best mechs to take front line in Factions Warfare (favorites amoung players), Is like top of the spear mechs more than just an Alpha, but I guess they use Alpha as "favorite" choice for been top performance mechs.

No... not quite. Actually not even close.

"Alpha Lance" goes back to TableTop Battletech. Its a "LoreWarrior" term so to say. There is no single, unique Alpha Lance. An Alpha Lance is a lance comprised of any combination of the original 14 mech chassis that accompanied the original Battletech Boxed Rule Set. Alternatively, the "Alpha Lance" designation is also applied to a lance comprised by any of the embattled Unseen mechs like the Warhammer and Marauder. For those not aware, the original Battletech Boxed set was released with minis that were later disputed and categorized as Unseen. I still have my little plastic Warhammer and Locust somewhere.

So in example, a lance made up of a Locust, Phoenix Hawk, Rifleman and Warhammer qualifies as an Alpha Lance just as a lance made of up a Griffin, Archer, Warhammer, Marauder would be. All original mech designs to the original BT boxed rule set with a few unseen overlaps.

"Alpha Lance" is nothing more then an Honorary applied to the original mech cast of Battletech. has nothing to do with MWO, performance or favorites.

#83 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 10:54 AM

View PostDarrious Quinn, on 14 September 2017 - 10:27 AM, said:

No... not quite. Actually not even close.

"Alpha Lance" goes back to TableTop Battletech. Its a "LoreWarrior" term so to say. There is no single, unique Alpha Lance. An Alpha Lance is a lance comprised of any combination of the original 14 mech chassis that accompanied the original Battletech Boxed Rule Set. Alternatively, the "Alpha Lance" designation is also applied to a lance comprised by any of the embattled Unseen mechs like the Warhammer and Marauder. For those not aware, the original Battletech Boxed set was released with minis that were later disputed and categorized as Unseen. I still have my little plastic Warhammer and Locust somewhere.

So in example, a lance made up of a Locust, Phoenix Hawk, Rifleman and Warhammer qualifies as an Alpha Lance just as a lance made of up a Griffin, Archer, Warhammer, Marauder would be. All original mech designs to the original BT boxed rule set with a few unseen overlaps.

"Alpha Lance" is nothing more then an Honorary applied to the original mech cast of Battletech. has nothing to do with MWO, performance or favorites.

Thanks! I've only ever seen it applied to the Marauder/Warhammer/Rifleman/Archer/Thunderbolt/Marauder IIC/Phoenix Hawk. Now I know Posted Image

#84 Frozen Spirit Jac

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:05 AM

Ok, I am going to have to ask, as I am tempted to purchase the Archar Package, but since I haven't seen in the last 5 pages, that anyone ask I will do so.
On the packages there are early adopter awards, will these be given again as a new promotion or was that just a one off? if that is the case that it was a one off, why hasn't the webpage been updated since when looking at it...
https://mwomercs.com/archer

Also the Early Adopter award has modules, if this is included, naturally the modules are a thing of the past, so what will be compensated....???
I mean just 20% off without getting early adopter awards well... I don't know... just doesn't balance out as a better deal as it when it was first launched...

#85 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 08:38 AM

View PostFrozen Spirit Jac, on 20 September 2017 - 06:05 AM, said:

Ok, I am going to have to ask, as I am tempted to purchase the Archar Package, but since I haven't seen in the last 5 pages, that anyone ask I will do so.
On the packages there are early adopter awards, will these be given again as a new promotion or was that just a one off? if that is the case that it was a one off, why hasn't the webpage been updated since when looking at it...
https://mwomercs.com/archer

Also the Early Adopter award has modules, if this is included, naturally the modules are a thing of the past, so what will be compensated....???
I mean just 20% off without getting early adopter awards well... I don't know... just doesn't balance out as a better deal as it when it was first launched...

Early Adopter Rewards are/were just that, rewards for people who bought in the first 1/2 months (depending on the pack) of pre-order.

PGI really need to start removing these from the store pages once the window expires, as it's a sort of "Look at what you could have won!" type deal.

So no, you don't get any of those items now, just the items listed in the Standard Pack / Collector's Pack / Hero Add-On (or Reinforcements Add-On, for later packs).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users