What Kind Of Lrm Builds Do Clans Use In Fp?

62 replies to this topic

#21 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:15 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 14 September 2017 - 03:24 AM, said:

Then why do i keep seeing IS units bring LRMs in polar? Domination polar is often fought at closer ranges due to the location of the dom point.

Same reason you see anyone bringing LRMs to any gamemode. They're either goofing off or not good enough at aiming to use a precise weapon.

#22 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:14 PM

View PostDakota1000, on 14 September 2017 - 11:15 AM, said:

Same reason you see anyone bringing LRMs to any gamemode. They're either goofing off or not good enough at aiming to use a precise weapon.

This is why I asked if these "IS teams bringing LRMs" were actually winning...

#23 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:06 PM

LRMs for Polar. No map is "friendly" for LRMs. To say this shows a basic lack of understanding of MWO.

And thus - Anyone that brings them when we are on the field (even in a 4-6man) is consequentially defeated 48-12.

There is a reason LRMs are not considered an optimised loadout for Faction Play, they suck. Period.

View PostBrother MEX, on 12 September 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

Since ATM are available, LRM are OBSOLETE for the Clans Posted Image

1100 instead of 900 max.Range AND more damage at shorter range ... even more damage than SRM at close range !

You do understand that over (IIRC) 560m, ATMs are less effective than LRMs? Yes?

I think you need to educate yourself a bit further on mechlab, because not knowing that is... Not great.

View PostMovinTarget, on 14 September 2017 - 06:19 AM, said:

Are they winning?

lol of course not. They are getting flogged anywhere between 48-20 and 48-10. Just because bad people are bringing lots of bad builds, does not mean one should copy..

#24 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 11:29 PM

View PostHagen von Tronje, on 14 September 2017 - 05:10 AM, said:

Proper Clansmen fight one on one, they have rules about honour and they choose their own config for a Mech.Posted Image
I´ve never seen a proper clansmen in this game.Posted Image
What you mean as proper has nothing do do with clansmen. Its a ****** MWO-opinion.Posted Image

Aye, you think you totally got me there, Hagen Posted Image
As clansman I can tell you the one or the other thing about how the clan views "dishonourable"
Since clanspeople are forced to fight 12vs12 and the spheroids permanently BREAK zellbriggen rules the clanspeople are very well allowed to engage in what would normally be considered "dishonourable" combat .

Also, choosing your personal loadout is easily doable, thats what the mechlab is for .

It´s not a blahblah MWO opinion, it is clan, true to the heart .

Next time try harder, this try was really pathetic, but what is to be expected from a stealth spheroid, quiaff ?

P.s.: So far, in 6 years of playing this game, I haven´t found many a spheroid that would be worthy of the honour of a zellbriggen duel .

Edited by The Shortbus, 14 September 2017 - 11:31 PM.

#25 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:53 PM

....please don't bring LRMs into Faction Warfare...stick to lasers and ballistics.

LRMs take too long to deal damage, they weigh too much versus their effectiveness, and ballistics and lasers are simply better choices for high-damage alpha strikes.

#26 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:15 PM

Posted Image

Just saw WTAU lose to LRMs on polar. Not sure who was bringing the LRMs exactly since they didn't want to say, but im guessing it was BT/MERC.

It was domination, our team was on our side of the hill, a banshee poked his head over the hill to spot, i shot him, the LRMs came flying, i reversed and torso twisted, and my mostly fresh warhawk died before I could get a second shot off. The rest of our team evaporated shortly after. When I respawned, I saw a reinforcing shadow cat get blown apart before he could get anywhere near the circle. Rest of the match was LRMs with a few ER LL shooting anyone who was spotting.

They werent even using NARC, and most of the time were firing indirectly without artemis/TAG, so i dont get how the LRMs did so much damage, surely the spread would be a killer when fired indirectly? My warhawk died nearly instantly despite having my side presented to the LRMs. My experience with 60 LRMs is that even with artemis + TAG, mechs can just run straight at you without torso twisting and not care.

#27 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:32 PM

But, it's WTAU?

And I bet there was a spotter on the other side you didn't see.

There is no much cover on Polar if you know how to use the map/trenches...

#28 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:42 PM

But the trenches are not near the domination point? Like i said, most of our team was on our side of the hill where the domination point was.

#29 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:56 PM

You were getting spotted by someone, as I said earlier, sure if you have people working as a team, LRMs have the potential to be devastating...

Dropping solo... you are seriously rolling the dice.

#30 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:00 PM

Im not asking if there was a spotter.

#31 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:05 PM

Well what are you asking then? How you got out of position and LRM'd to death? Cause if you are in a WHK with (assuming) cERL or cERPPC you should be outside the range of LRMs... If you were inside their range then that right there is your answer - you got it wrong.

If you are running solo, always get at least 3 DERP nodes from Skill Tree for a 60% reduction. If you aren't doing that, well, position better.

View PostJun Watarase, on 17 September 2017 - 02:42 PM, said:

But the trenches are not near the domination point? Like i said, most of our team was on our side of the hill where the domination point was.

Do you realise that you do not need to be in the domination zone to neutral out the timer?

Long as you are hitting the mechs inside the circle, you do not need to be in it.

#32 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:03 PM

Real mech warriors dont lurm.

#33 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:20 PM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 17 September 2017 - 04:03 PM, said:

Real mech warriors dont lurm.

This comes across elitist, but at the same time, I don't *think* I'm elitist and I agree.

I understand there are people out there that have conditions either physically and/or technologically that have little choice but to lurm and I get that, but geez is it boring, even when it's a target rich environment...

Don't you even want to try to pop a specific component off a mech just to see if you can aim that well from a given range?

Leg a light?

Fight at point blank range?

So many other weapons systems off variety and flexibility over lurms...

like....you know.... STREAKS!

>.<

#34 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:22 PM

View PostJun Watarase, on 12 September 2017 - 06:01 AM, said:

This is for LRM maps like Polar Highlands obviously. With the ghost heat penalties, is LRM-5/10 boating still a thing? Or do people use 15s and 20s now?

Given the choice between 4x LRM-15s and 3x LRM-20s, the latter seems better now due to less tonnage wasted on artemis and lower ghost heat. Since you are likely to run into multiple AMS on those maps, you dont want to chain fire if possible.

I generally advise LRMs on FP, but TBR-S 4x LRM10A + 4x ERML worked for me well, even on Boreal Vault.

#35 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 04:29 PM

my experience with FP is limited but by and large clanners spam lrms, ya say don't do it but so many do so go figure, i guess its cause tehy are lighter per point than IS ones?

#36 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 17 September 2017 - 06:21 PM

View PostLaser Kiwi, on 17 September 2017 - 04:29 PM, said:

my experience with FP is limited but by and large clanners spam lrms, ya say don't do it but so many do so go figure, i guess its cause tehy are lighter per point than IS ones?

Unless the unit is a low skill unit, pugs are the same everywhere. They lurm cause its easy mode.

Generally as a unit matures and gets better, the lurms become less and less used as they figure out direct fire is basically king.

Weight has nothing to do with which side lurms most, except for the minority that have physical issues and I have played with a couple and respect them the rest are low skill and havent figured out how the game actually works best.

#37 Jack Booted Thug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 549 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 17 September 2017 - 07:51 PM

View PostJun Watarase, on 17 September 2017 - 02:15 PM, said:

Posted Image

Just saw WTAU lose to LRMs on polar. Not sure who was bringing the LRMs exactly since they didn't want to say, but im guessing it was BT/MERC.

I don't think using the Davion of clans is a good example..... wolves losing.... is pretty much expected

#38 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:03 AM

View PostJack Booted Thug, on 17 September 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

I don't think using the Davion of clans is a good example..... wolves losing.... is pretty much expected

Hey hey hey, lets not go dragging davrats down to that level! ;)

#39 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:51 AM

Is this a serious question? You dont bring lrm.. You bring high alpha direct fire..

#40 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:22 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 17 September 2017 - 03:05 PM, said:

Well what are you asking then? How you got out of position and LRM'd to death? Cause if you are in a WHK with (assuming) cERL or cERPPC you should be outside the range of LRMs... If you were inside their range then that right there is your answer - you got it wrong.

If you are running solo, always get at least 3 DERP nodes from Skill Tree for a 60% reduction. If you aren't doing that, well, position better.

Do you realise that you do not need to be in the domination zone to neutral out the timer?

Long as you are hitting the mechs inside the circle, you do not need to be in it.

So your solution is to hide in the trenches like 800+ meters behind your team and hope that you can constantly hit all 12 enemy mechs to stop the timer from ticking?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users