40 replies to this topic

#21 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:45 PM

Wow. How about you relax and just wait, they'll be back as soon as the Clans get hit with the next pass of the nerf bat.

This happens every 3 months or so. The good units switch sides all the time. Right now, they're done playing with the new IS toys from the Civil War release. You may not have noticed, but we were getting farmed fairly constantly for a while there. Now it's your turn.

#22 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:59 PM

Respect to MS

And i have seen old cw units going for genrushing too. I just dont understand that. Nobobdy has fun or get paid and has to wait for many minutes to get next match.

I did fought you guys days ago and was suprised that you didnt go for gens and just fought. That is what cw is about. Or in last waves go for gens if situation looks bad, that i would accept, but straight to gens is just pussymove.

#23 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:10 PM

I hear from all the clan Merc/Loyalist players that IS vs Clan tech is not a big deal, yet a majority of the top units are clan loyalists or clan merc units. If the tech isn't that big of a deal, why is it so one-sided?

my theory is all those units have maxed out the benefits
of the CLAN and Mercs

so with the new factions it gives them something to do
they would be winning if they where on the IS side

#24 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:34 AM

Before phase 4 you could take planets even if your side as a whole was losing planets, but now only the winning side can ever take planets.

That means that for the most part going IS equals giving up the chance to tag planets.

This is a huge design flaw and i think it makes even more units prefer clans.

Myself I'm going to stay freelancer because it allows me to join both is and clan groups on various ts servers.

#25 Sunstruck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:36 AM

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 13 September 2017 - 12:32 PM, said:

My problem with Innersphere right now, is to be on a top meta level, you have 2 mechs, Battlemaster, Grasshopper. Thats it. Same builds, 3 lpl/4mpl, or 5-6 ERLL. Now play just those 2 mechs on every map every game mode, it gets boring AF, Oh, forgot about blackwiddow 4ac5, and slepnier 4uac5.

Clan side you have so many options, i am on a huge kick with my dakka night gyrs and kodiaks, along with srm lights. Notice something thats not in there? not a single laser. Im rank 20 Stiner and Liao, with rank 18 Marik..and to get that 90% of the time i had to play 2-3 mechs, and it literally burnt me out. you can't take orion's or cata's or catapults into solo FW, and expect to carry. Now when your in a 5-10 man, with people who bring vommit that you know can carry. and put 4k dmg up, yea you can bring those brawlers and do your 2k and be done with it.

So, TL;DR Innersphere and clan TECH itself are even, with IS honestly winning in laser vom. But in Clan i have 100% more fun with options. OPtions are what keep people playing the game.

As an inner sphere loyalist I understand where your coming from, though after the Black Knight was nerfed into oblivion I replaced it with various Orions as my main 75 ton heavy. The Orion-M and K are great mechs too its just they tend to get overlooked. I recently have been loving my Marauders, especially with the new tech light engines. The 3ERLL Phoenix Hawk 1B with ECM works really well on snow maps. Bushwackers are close to meta too, and the Hunchback 4P with the medium laser heat reduction is no pushover either. Then theres the Annihilator, which I feel is flat out OP. Especially the 4LB10x, 4 med laser build. Then you got Assasins, and the Oxide is still decent, and then Javelins. There still a lot of possibilities on the fringes of "meta" avaliable.

#26 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 09:21 AM

Is lights will never be good for the simple fact clan can boat streaks way too effectively on too many mechs. Innersphere streaks are just too heavy, the catapult is the closest thing you can start to take to boat them, but taking a heavy to counter lights is not ideal. And on snow maps i just bring 2 ERLL Bm's, an ERLL grasshopper and a pirates bane, so. why would you waste the tonnage for that

Edit: and it still does not change the fact that its just spamming laser vom, which is the most boring thing in existance

Edited by C H E E K I E Z, 15 September 2017 - 09:22 AM.

#27 A Shoddy Rental Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOn my Island, There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:20 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 14 September 2017 - 01:45 PM, said:

Wow. How about you relax and just wait, they'll be back as soon as the Clans get hit with the next pass of the nerf bat.

This happens every 3 months or so. The good units switch sides all the time. Right now, they're done playing with the new IS toys from the Civil War release. You may not have noticed, but we were getting farmed fairly constantly for a while there. Now it's your turn.

Yep, that was a rough 2 weeks for the clans.

Since the start of the "invasion era"
7/19 clans owned 272 planets
8/02 clans owned 236 planets (lost 36 Planets)
9/15 Clan owned 480 planets (gained 244 planets)

In the last 5 weeks the clans have not only taken back the 36 planets they lost, but taken an additional 208 planets.

Clans got farmed for 18 planets/week.
I.S. is getting farmed for 48 planets/week.

Just exactly when did the clans get farmed in Phase 4.2? Phase 4.1? Phase 3?

" Now it's your turn." Posted Image lul

Edited by The Nerf Bat, 15 September 2017 - 10:21 AM.

#28 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:39 AM

Not that it totally matters, but a lot of us are breaking loyalty slowly this month to swap to IS. you will see more and more in about 2-3 weeks

#29 Kaoba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 214 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:54 PM

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 16 September 2017 - 06:39 AM, said:

Not that it totally matters, but a lot of us are breaking loyalty slowly this month to swap to IS. you will see more and more in about 2-3 weeks

u mean only you right ??, :P

#30 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:59 PM

View PostWayTooSexy, on 16 September 2017 - 12:54 PM, said:

u mean only you right ??, Posted Image

No, Omen, V1sor already left, and a few others are breaking contract in a week or so

#31 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:56 PM

Since they are adding yet another Clan (Diamond Shark) in a few days, it will not surprise me a bit if people don't switch to it just to farm for yet more mechbays. Hooray for clanners. Maybe one day they'll create three more IS factions as a way to entice people to stay in the IS. I mean, I realistically think there's just about no chance of that happening, because that would require PGI to even attempt to give a rat's posterior about getting people to play IS. But hey, a 0.000000001% chance is still technically not zero.

#32 Vagosei

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:48 PM

Fact is still the same thing...Competitive units are still following each other and after seeing this for a few years now....And yes they tell each other what they are doing and they seem to follow each other...either clan or IS. I still think they are just scared to fight each other. How to fix that...not sure..To say they need cbills or anything in this game would be a flat out lie. As they have plenty.

Edited by Vagosei, 16 September 2017 - 04:09 PM.

#33 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 16 September 2017 - 03:56 PM

There wouldn't be this issue if pgi fixed it so ranks didn't have a max level, the main reason people stay loyalist is role playing and most stop playing fp after they hit max rank cause there is no incentive to play.

Others jump around to farm other ranks to get the freebies.

Basically poor design and implimentation with no forethought, pretty much par for the course with PGI.

#34 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 05:15 PM

That and after the skill tree Clans are pretty strong. Most people like to play the side with the advantage. That just is what it is. Even with the tonnage advantage - who really wants to play with the inferior tech? Want to drop in equal tonnage - you get RACs and MRMs. I'll take heavy laser vomit and a gauss or two.

#35 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:05 PM

It's not the mechs.

#36 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:24 PM

its the computer

#37 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:51 PM

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 16 September 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

No, Omen, V1sor already left, and a few others are breaking contract in a week or so

GRR. RIght before the Nova Cat comes out. Well something to look forward to in November i guess.

#38 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:32 PM

View PostRagnar Baron Leiningen, on 16 September 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

GRR. RIght before the Nova Cat comes out. Well something to look forward to in November i guess.

Right before Nova Cat comes out huh, u did look at your profile pic ;p

#39 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 17 September 2017 - 07:15 AM

Okay, strike that. It's not the mechs, technically, unless you bring an absolutely terrible loadout, like lasers designed to engage at all ranges, with two machine guns and LRMs to boot. (i.e., bad fit EVE Online-style).

Unfortunately, the only way to get units to move between sides is by doing one of two things:

1. Incentivize rewards...and unfortunately the C-Bills and MC aren't really cutting it because by now, the player base and unit players have got to be richer than Kerensky himself.

2. Cue times getting so absurdly high that units flip-flop.

I don't like it any more than the next guy.

#40 Cabanaboy

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 07:29 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 17 September 2017 - 07:15 AM, said:

Okay, strike that. It's not the mechs, technically, unless you bring an absolutely terrible loadout, like lasers designed to engage at all ranges, with two machine guns and LRMs to boot. (i.e., bad fit EVE Online-style).

Unfortunately, the only way to get units to move between sides is by doing one of two things:

1. Incentivize rewards...and unfortunately the C-Bills and MC aren't really cutting it because by now, the player base and unit players have got to be richer than Kerensky himself.

2. Cue times getting so absurdly high that units flip-flop.

I don't like it any more than the next guy.

Absurdly high queue times and flip flopping is actually a good sign that atleast something is force balancing the mode, even if only a little bit. IE - If 75% of the community is clans in order to mech bay farm or whatever, of course queue times will be higher as less IS people are dropping (or in the case of the recent pug stompfest, don't want to play anymore).

Supposedly the skill tree was supposed to help offset the richer than Kerensky (maybe Amaris would be a better comparison lol) situation, but it didn't dent the top guys, only more casual players. I guess atleast it was an attempt on their part. Can't really penalize guys paying hundreds into the game by breaking their backs in C-bills, and for that matter you'd end up punishing casual players too much to keep them. It's a hard balancing act but there has to be an answer somewhere.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users