LRG PULSE LASER 2
Heatsinks 19

#2 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:49 AM

They're both pretty bad, I'd think. Heavy PPCs+Ghost Heat=Internal Heat Damage, and Quad LPPCs are a poor substitute for Dual PPCs (The tonnage savings arn't worth Ghost Heat/Having to spread your fire out).

#3 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:08 AM

Neither build. Because ghost heat, as Bombast mentioned.

I recommend this one:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1821827e33afecb

Dual HPPC avoids ghost heat, 4 medium lasers for backup, 19 DHS, even has a target computer 2 and AMS.

#4 Rovertoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 408 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:14 AM

Hey , while were talking builds, any idea what I should do with the centurion with 3 ballistics and 3 missle hardpoints? Having no energy really puts a damper in it for me, and without a semi suicidal xl I cant seem to fit decent ammo in with decent speed. My go to build for now is a stock standard engine with UAC 20 and streak 8 srm, or switching those out for some rockets if I use lfe 275~

As for the awesome I would switch out one of the heavy PPCs (maybe the arm ppc) with a snub nose and add more heat sinks, make it a seperate but cooler close range defense weapon.

Edited by Rovertoo, 29 September 2017 - 11:15 AM.

#5 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:22 AM

View PostRovertoo, on 29 September 2017 - 11:14 AM, said:

Hey , while were talking builds, any idea what I should do with the centurion with 3 ballistics and 3 missle hardpoints? Having no energy really puts a damper in it for me, and without a semi suicidal xl I cant seem to fit decent ammo in with decent speed. My go to build for now is a stock standard engine with UAC 20 and streak 8 srm, or switching those out for some rockets if I use lfe 275~

As for the awesome I would switch out one of the heavy PPCs (maybe the arm ppc) with a snub nose and add more heat sinks, make it a seperate but cooler close range defense weapon.

Ah, the CN9-AH. A mech I've struggled with on multiple occasions.

Only build that's actually 'good' is the standard AC+SRM one, which AC and how many SRMs being up to you. I used to run an AC/2+ASRM18. Wasn't good, but it was fun. Maybe the UAC/2 would be a bit better.

#6 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 11:33 AM

LB10X w/2 tons ammo
2 LMGs w/ .5 ton ammo
3 SRM4 w/ 2.5 tons ammo
250 LFE
Endo and ferro
10 DHS
Head armor stripped to 12
RL/LL stripped to 40 each
LA stripped to 21 (for shielding)

#7 Stf Sgt Marblez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the battlefield, trying to make a difference.

Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:06 PM

Das Centurion, ah yes....

Recently picked one up myself and strapped 2 uac 5s and ammo with a laser ams, cant remember the engine off the top off my head though....

Also ran it with a uac-20 and 3 srm 2s, sounds wonky feels wonky, but its fun to play (for me at least)

#8 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:38 PM

View Postklaysdnd, on 29 September 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

AWS-Q8
What's better?

ER MED LASER 1
HEAVY PPC 3
Heatsinks 17
or
LIGHT PPC 4
LRG PULSE LASER 2
Heatsinks 19

View PostBombast, on 29 September 2017 - 10:49 AM, said:

They're both pretty bad, I'd think. Heavy PPCs+Ghost Heat=Internal Heat Damage, and Quad LPPCs are a poor substitute for Dual PPCs (The tonnage savings arn't worth Ghost Heat/Having to spread your fire out).

I know this is going to sound crazy, but I've gotten decent mileage out of a WHM-6R with 2xLPPC, 2xPPC, 2xSnPPC. Obviously, you don't alpha that unless you want to suicide. But it keeps things to 3 simple weapon groups: Left Torso (PPC+LPPC), Right Torso (PPC+LPPC), and Arms (SnPPCs). (That setup also makes for decent corner poking.) Generally, LPLs are better than Snubbies, but between being lighter and a mech with strong PPC quirks, I decided what the hell, y'know? Note that this is NOT a build for the type that goes nuts with the trigger, can't emphasize that enough. And, of course, it's a pretty casual build; don't expect it will be the new meta or help you scale leaderboards.

#9 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:43 PM

View PostBombast, on 29 September 2017 - 11:22 AM, said:

Ah, the CN9-AH. A mech I've struggled with on multiple occasions.

Only build that's actually 'good' is the standard AC+SRM one, which AC and how many SRMs being up to you. I used to run an AC/2+ASRM18. Wasn't good, but it was fun. Maybe the UAC/2 would be a bit better.

Run one with a 255XL, UAC20, 3xSRM4. Not a lot of tonnage for ammo, though, only like 5 tons to split between cannon and missiles. But you have a shocking amount of take-down power.

My 2nd Loyalty AH I have a UAC10, 2xLMG, and 2xSRM4, but don't recall engine off the top of my head.

#10 Nik Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:45 PM

Cent, 3 ASRM6 and 3 LMGs , standard engine , good stuff, just don't stare and mg if they will fire back, but if they aren't looking and you get behind... good times.
At this point, might consider switching back to regular MGs...

Edited by Nik Reaper, 29 September 2017 - 02:46 PM.

#11 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:51 PM

View PostEscef, on 29 September 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

I know this is going to sound crazy, but I've gotten decent mileage out of a WHM-6R with 2xLPPC, 2xPPC, 2xSnPPC. Obviously, you don't alpha that unless you want to suicide. But it keeps things to 3 simple weapon groups: Left Torso (PPC+LPPC), Right Torso (PPC+LPPC), and Arms (SnPPCs). (That setup also makes for decent corner poking.) Generally, LPLs are better than Snubbies, but between being lighter and a mech with strong PPC quirks, I decided what the hell, y'know? Note that this is NOT a build for the type that goes nuts with the trigger, can't emphasize that enough. And, of course, it's a pretty casual build; don't expect it will be the new meta or help you scale leaderboards.

Besides the slightly lower cooldown, why are you using PPC+LPPCs rather than just dual HPPCs?? Personally, I think a slight nerf to cooldown is a fair trade for being able to put 30 damage on a trigger.

#12 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:57 PM

View PostBombast, on 29 September 2017 - 02:51 PM, said:

Besides the slightly lower cooldown, why are you using PPC+LPPCs rather than just dual HPPCs?? Personally, I think a slight nerf to cooldown is a fair trade for being able to put 30 damage on a trigger.

Mostly the slightly faster cooldown. That and it's aesthetically pleasing (and at a glance looks more intimidating). There's also something to be said for the defensive advantage of not completely losing 15 damage to a lucky crit. But, as I said, it's casual, and going for twin HPPC & twin SnPPC is probably more practical.

#13 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:11 PM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 29 September 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

Neither build. Because ghost heat, as Bombast mentioned.

I recommend this one:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...1821827e33afecb

Dual HPPC avoids ghost heat, 4 medium lasers for backup, 19 DHS, even has a target computer 2 and AMS.

Honestly, I would drop the heavy PPCs and go for something like this 20 heat sinks, longer range er-mediums -- and you don't have the pesky 90m min range to deal with. Add to that a max size std engine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users