Much appreciated
I tip my hat
Thnx

#42 Dong Engineer

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:09 AM

Something to consider about the AC20 challenge: a ton of ammo (7 shots) is 140 damage, you'll typically bring 3 tons or more into a match which translates into at least 420 damage potential per match, typically more. In my example you'll be able to reach 2000 dmg in 5 matches if you manage to connect all your shots which isn't bad at all. So make 'em count.

#43 n00biwan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSomerset, UK...

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:16 AM

Sweet.... I think. I mean, those damage numbers for 20 ACs, seems too much to me too.

And I'll add my voice to the "Please put events up on the website too" crowd, actually, please put events up both ingame and on the tournament page 24 hours before they start. I've wanted the event system to be ingame since forever (if WoT, Halo and every other mp game can have in game weekly challenges etc, why not this, it would be another reason to play MWO and not one of the dozen or so other games I enjoy).

A thing that always annoyed me about this game was the way that events just arrive without warning, having to check the tournament page all the fricking time just to make sure some time limited event didn't start 16 hours ago and I've only got 3 hours left before bed to meet today's challenges if I want the full prizes. Sounds sad I know, "me wantee free stuff", but events have become the main motivator to play since grind is grindy, even with a bunch of GSP and whatever still.

This event is also another great example of "how many CBills am I going to have to spend to do this". I've got like 70 mechs, and I know for sure there's some refitting in my future, since I probably don't even own some of these weapons, let alone have them equipped. OK, so you really want AC metrics, maybe make it easier by offering more dinero back so I can buy a bunch of clan ACs and not feel like a gimp for spending 40billion CBills to get a rocket girl.

I don't want to whine and whatever, I'm generally impressed by recent direction and patches, the better/clearer communication also, but some things get my goat.

e> To clarify, IMO the website version of event details doesn't have to tell a player their progress, but should definitely include times and prizes.

Edited by n00biwan, 20 September 2017 - 01:22 AM.

#44 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 20 September 2017 - 01:33 AM

View PostDong Engineer, on 20 September 2017 - 01:09 AM, said:

Something to consider about the AC20 challenge: a ton of ammo (7 shots) is 140 damage, you'll typically bring 3 tons or more into a match which translates into at least 420 damage potential per match, typically more. In my example you'll be able to reach 2000 dmg in 5 matches if you manage to connect all your shots which isn't bad at all. So make 'em count.

in theory, you are right. but in real situations most players (me included) open fire at about 400m, so no to 20dmg per shot. also, most mechs carrying ac20 cant really shoot them for long, since they are easy to crit out or the mechs carrying them rather slow and situational.

as i said in another post, i would rather do 5000 dmg with ac5 and 500 or 1000 with ac20.

#45 Iron Lemur

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:10 AM

As a preface, I don't find the cockpit rewards all that interesting. Nice if I get them; nothing I'm going to chase. With that in mind... is it just me, or are the rewards here not worth the effort? If I'm reading this right, you have to complete every objective in a ballistic class (MG, AC, UAC, etc.) to get the subaward of 500K and some cockpit item. My problem is that I don't currently own each and every type of weapon required to fill out my dance card for this event. Even the trial mechs won't cover me. Which means I'd be spending millions of CBills to win hundreds of thousands of CBills.

So, realistically, I'm only going to complete the MG components for Clan and IS, and Clan gauss. Because it's going to cost me more money than I make to complete any of the others. I can envision that certain events might encourage a player to buy something they were on the fence about buying, but this isn't going to make me buy random autocannons just to try them out.

Edited by Iron Lemur, 20 September 2017 - 02:14 AM.

#46 TheFourthAlly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 209 posts
  • LocationMelbs, Oz

Posted 20 September 2017 - 02:22 AM

No events listed for me in game. And when I check the website somewhere else, I don't log into the game to begin with. Event info on the website would be a reasonable thing to do, no?

#47 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:12 AM

1) Was disappointed to see there wasn't a Tournament Support Pack bonus for this event like the last one.

2) As a new player I'm disappointed that this event doesn't appreciate the new player's situation with c-bills and being unable to flexibly change their loadouts or mechs to meet the event's requirements. I have only 3 mechs and none are ballistics, plus I have only 650k c-bills so I can't buy a new mech to participate, much less worry about doing IS or clan challenges. So unless I grind out c-bills in time, this event is totally not for this new player.

3) It's great that there is a events tab in-game, but why must it be one or the other. I like having my event status on the website.

Edited by arcana75, 20 September 2017 - 03:14 AM.

#48 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 517 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:38 AM

it is QP only. again.

that is really .. unneccessary. a few of us (maybe not so few?) prefer the FW over the QP, yet we can't do our challenges there.
pls open this for FW and consider that for the future.

#49 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:46 AM

As many have mentioned, could we please still get the events listed on the Events web page? If the page has to be re-worked, then so be it, I'm pretty sure everybody can adjust.

It would also be OK to have delayed progress display like we have now (heck, even none at all, just a listing of the objectives and event duration interval would be nice).

Also, I would like to join the crowd that says that 2k damage is a quite high mark to hit with a situational weapon such as the AC/20. Because sometimes matches don't even get into proper AC/20 range...

#50 Rascally Jack

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 36 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:20 AM

Comon guys, all this crying about the AC20 yet you want AC5 to be 2000 so you can do your usual stand at the back and let others tank for you while doing all the damage and kill stealing? Quit crying and Mechwarrior up. Heaven forbid you have to get closer than 500M to do the job. I do not care what tier etc you are if you are crying gitgud or crawl back under the porch with the flea riddled dogs.
1xAC20 + 4 tons ammo
4 - 5 ML
Win
gitgud - and yes, I know I am not the best, but regardless ... gitgud boys quit crying like millennial babies

#51 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:38 AM

View PostBrother MEX, on 19 September 2017 - 10:14 PM, said:

PS: Problem solved itself ... looks like they have a CACHING delay so that you cant see events before your fist game after you launched the client Posted Image

That is a really-really-REALLY stupid way to do it...

Dear PGI.. That was your very best?

Pfffff....

#52 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:41 AM

@Rascally Jack go use some atlas with a brawler build and try to get in range with it on open maps (who almost allways gets picked), lets see if you even manage to do so or if you get killed way before that. then we'll talk about that again.

Edited by Genesis23, 20 September 2017 - 05:42 AM.

#53 Rascally Jack

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 36 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:49 AM

Why do you pick on the Fatlas? There are plenty others... VTR, HBK ENF, CTP, CN9, BJ, etc. NO EXCUSES!!!! and yes just for you I will take my 360 Fatlas out and make AC20 love happen. Its all about love man not about whining and crying.

btw your siggy says it all about you lol Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

*EDIT* forgot the epic AC20 Raven yup

Edited by Rascally Jack, 20 September 2017 - 05:53 AM.

#54 Veiled Cause

• PipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 05:52 AM

View Postmp00, on 19 September 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

Oh sure I type it all out from the game client for people and THEN you post it...well played PGI.. well played.. Now to redo a few mechs to use all the weapons...

Can I has a better-lookin' Derg? I mean Dragon.

With his ballistic arm not lookin' like a Hunk one. And mayhaps better hitboxes? o:

#55 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:01 AM

well of course i would stay in second line with most mechs that can use ac5, only a moron would expect me to tank all the dmg for my team with a triple ac5 shadowhawk, dragon ect. most mechs that truly are made for soaking up all the dmg use way heavier weaponry, with a few heavily boating exceptions.

you obviously dont really see the problem, so let me explain as i see it: 500dmg with ac5 can be done in one single match, two matches at maximum. but hitting with 100 ac20 shots in optimal range or about 200 with range of +-400m takes a while, and your 4 tons of ammo is... well some would call it stupid, i would call it rather optimistic, since most heavy or assault mechs known for using an ac20 get heavily focused and often die before able to use even 1-2 tons effectively and the mediums you count are quite slow and sluggish once they mount a 20.

make no mistake, i dont want the ac20 challenge to be a childs play, i just would like a reasonable balance that encurages folks to mix up a bit. and as it is now, the ac20 could be kinda hard for people with limited playtime - i know allready that i will most probably fail, but will try it nontheless with a centurion, warhammer or roughneck.

and your reference to my signature: what can i say? i love dakka in a "reasonable" amount Posted Image

Edited by Genesis23, 20 September 2017 - 06:03 AM.

#56 ARM32

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:20 AM

So, this rewards, for this objectives? I'll keep my mechs in FW...

#57 NoiseCrypt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 596 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:27 AM

BrawlerMauler:
2xAC20
Light Engine 325
11 Tons of AC20 Ammo
Endo-Steel

#58 Ery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:47 AM

Why only QP???

#59 Jormunrek

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:24 AM

So it appears I have to switch between full screen and full windowed after each match if I want to look at the event(s).

#60 sub2000

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 07:46 AM

I have succeeded to see the event page only ones. Normally I see the empty page like it was already shown in this thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users