Go Ballistic Mech And Mc Sale

59 replies to this topic

#41 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:26 PM

View PostTetsujin, on 22 September 2017 - 05:41 PM, said:

[...]and why does the Forum Search not work? did it ever?

Looking for Status on a fix and nothing comes up when I use the search tool

I've never known the forum search to work, ever since I started - use Google site search instead.

#42 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:35 PM

View Postarcana75, on 23 September 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

Wanted to comment that this MC sale, the top tier is 30000MC for US$99.95. I understand the cost of 360 days of premium time is 24000MC. If you buy a year's premium time with this MC, treating the game as a subscription based game, you are paying around US$6.63 a month or 22.2 cents a day. That's not too bad all things considered. And you'd still have 6000MC to buy mechbays or mechs on the current sale.

Sometimes there even happens to be a discount for Premium Time... so if you happen to have that MC sitting there while it hits... ;)

#43 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:50 PM

View PostMrKvola, on 23 September 2017 - 02:35 PM, said:

Sometimes there even happens to be a discount for Premium Time... so if you happen to have that MC sitting there while it hits... ;)

Googled that. Wow half off 6 and 12 mth PT! Xmas sale 2016 and there was an MC sale too but I think the sale was for the PT bought using money rather than correct? The PT prices using cash are more expensive strangely eg 360 days is USD$102. Still, half of at $51 is good, less than $5 a month! I might just wait for that. Anyway there's plenty of events coming soon eg Halloween, Vets Day, Black Friday and Xmas, if going by NA holidays.

#44 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:00 AM

MWO rule of thumb. Only buy stuff when it is on sale.
MWO Clan rule of thumb (confirmed in this event): There is never any reason to use a Clan AC. The UAC and LBXAC on the clan side make this weapon completely useless.

#45 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 24 September 2017 - 01:28 PM

In TT there were no basic ACs for the clans, didn't even know PGI "invented" some. Maybe because in TT you can fire slugs with the LBX (which at least for IS is lighter and generates less heat), which doesn't work in MWO.

#46 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:26 PM

I was wondering...why the KDK-3 is on sale but the KDK-3(C) isn't. Same hard points.

#47 PeeWrinkle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 384 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:50 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 24 September 2017 - 01:28 PM, said:

In TT there were no basic ACs for the clans, didn't even know PGI "invented" some. Maybe because in TT you can fire slugs with the LBX (which at least for IS is lighter and generates less heat), which doesn't work in MWO.

Yes, that is correct. I have never used them before this event. I believe PGI hopes to one day have the LBX be able to fire both types of ammo as in table top, but I don't know if they will ever be able to do that.

#48 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:58 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 21 September 2017 - 05:18 AM, said:

MX90 is so versatile, only 2? Posted Image

Well I sort of have two Sleipnirs so.... Posted Image

#49 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 02:05 AM

Ok thats my last 5 ballistic mechs picked up. I did ignore 2-3 clan mechs though that added nothing new to the mix like the DWF (pods excluded).

#50 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:08 AM

Well, I managed to find 13 Clan Mechs (both Omni and not) that were worth adding to my collection. Unfortunately, now my (C-Bills) Wallet is kind of empty. Damn... Out to the battlefield with me, unless I get permanent burnout. -_-

I would like to know, however... Why was the Mist Lynx's "MLX-G" Variant pulled after it was put on Sale? :mellow:

Argh... and now I'm gonna need some Events with (MC) Rewards in order to make up for the count of Mech Bays that I had to use for the Mech purchases... I sure would appreciate earning some! :(

~D. V. "70+ Million (C-Bills)... How quickly it can end up used... Dang." Devnull

#51 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:40 PM

You could buy the Mist Lynx G and sell it, and gain about 500k cbills.

I brought about 15 mechs too, including two Kodiak 3s which I already had one and don't really like it, just for the nice XL400 I can get from them. Already sold one, also I tried to dump a bunch of useless cockpit items along with it but it was not possible. I kept the second Kodiak just in case I find some useful configs for it that I could play.

When the mechs are on 50% price, you can buy just nearly any mech, and if you don't like it, you can sell it off for pretty much no loss.I calculated several of them, omnis and battlemechs, I also calculated to see if any was profit-able but all the ones I tried were not. Somehow the Mist Lynx was, maybe due to the wrong price, or maybe due to being lightweigt omni.

#52 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 06:31 PM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 26 September 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

You could buy the Mist Lynx G and sell it, and gain about 500k cbills.

Was removed later, but interestingly, did it mean that you could spam buy-sell of this mech using c-bills and inflate your cbill wallet?

#53 VorpalMechBunny

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 01:24 AM

I ground out enough cbills to buy a few different mechs on sale including the Mist Lynx G and then when I went to the store it had been yanked. Checked back later/restarted and still the same, then came here.

If there was some SNAFU regarding the ability to resell it will this be offered again when that is fixed or it it just gone? Kind of sucks when you think you have a certain amount of time and then it gets taken away before you can buy it.

#54 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:41 AM

View Postarcana75, on 26 September 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

Was removed later, but interestingly, did it mean that you could spam buy-sell of this mech using c-bills and inflate your cbill wallet?

That was the idea, yes. I don't know if there's any restrictions how many mechs you can sell in a day.

#55 Darrious Quinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 27 September 2017 - 09:20 AM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 27 September 2017 - 08:41 AM, said:

That was the idea, yes. I don't know if there's any restrictions how many mechs you can sell in a day.

As far as I'm aware, no such cap is in place, therefore it had to be pulled and I'm glad they caught it. Just like the item and gold dupping bugs in MMOs, the ML-G would be considered an Exploit if abused in that fashion and there is always that small percentage of the player population that feels it is justified to do so. Saves on the drama. We have enough of that as it is around here.

However there still are incredible bargains on some mechs. case in point, the Enforcer, Bushwacker and Marauder IIC have engines that cost more then the on sale asking price. You cant' make CBs by buying and reselling the engine, BUT.... getting a 4.x million CB engine for 3.x million plus equipment and the resell value of the chassis is a pretty f'ing sweet price for XLs for those on a budget.

I bought a 2nd enforcer just for the XL250 and Bushwacker for its XL275. Stripped sold them afterwards. I hope they have more 50% sales in the future... did wonders for my new account.

#56 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:48 PM

View PostDarrious Quinn, on 27 September 2017 - 09:20 AM, said:

As far as I'm aware, no such cap is in place, therefore it had to be pulled and I'm glad they caught it. Just like the item and gold dupping bugs in MMOs, the ML-G would be considered an Exploit if abused in that fashion and there is always that small percentage of the player population that feels it is justified to do so. Saves on the drama. We have enough of that as it is around here.

However there still are incredible bargains on some mechs. case in point, the Enforcer, Bushwacker and Marauder IIC have engines that cost more then the on sale asking price. You cant' make CBs by buying and reselling the engine, BUT.... getting a 4.x million CB engine for 3.x million plus equipment and the resell value of the chassis is a pretty f'ing sweet price for XLs for those on a budget.

I bought a 2nd enforcer just for the XL250 and Bushwacker for its XL275. Stripped sold them afterwards. I hope they have more 50% sales in the future... did wonders for my new account.

This.... is... impressive.

#57 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:31 AM

And everybody who misused this just ensured that we are never ever again going to get a -50% c-bill sale on 'mechs. I agree, PGI kinda shot themselves in the foot with that one... but still.

#58 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:58 AM

View PostMrKvola, on 28 September 2017 - 01:31 AM, said:

And everybody who misused this just ensured that we are never ever again going to get a -50% c-bill sale on 'mechs. I agree, PGI kinda shot themselves in the foot with that one... but still.

We can only hope that PGI fixed those issues when they made changes to the pricing of 9 different Mech Variants. Sure, people should not have exploited the loophole (I was not one of the exploiters, as I prefer to play games 100% honestly!), but we can hope PGI learned something positive so that this loophole won't happen again, even if they do another 50% Off (C-Bills) Mech Sale for their community. Frankly, I'm a tad disgusted that anyone tried to use a loophole like that, given all the extra clicking and work (which would ruin the fun for me anyway, as I really don't like mega-click-fests) that it would take. -_-

~Mr. D. V. "I really hate exploiters ruining the fun for others, but there can still be something positive out of this..." Devnull

#59 Darrious Quinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:26 PM

Well let’s be clear on one thing first.

The purchasing and reselling of a sale item is an exploit only when the result creates an unexpected and unintended advantage within the game environment. The Mist Lynx as an example, you could sell back for HIGHER than its listed sale price. Exploit. Why? You can do the buy sell over and over to inflate your CB wallet without a loss.

The purchasing of a mech for its equipment on the other hand is not exploitable because it is done at an overall loss. The Enforcer was 3.x million. It comes equipped with a 4.x mil XL and 800k worth of UAC5. The chassis stripped only sold for 700- 800k? All unwanted equipment sells for, at best, half value as well. So even if everything else was sold except the XL, 800K for chassis 500k (generously rounding up) for weapons and equipment, that is only 1.3 million out of the 3.x million spent. The player still suffers a financial loss and therefore no unfair change in game environment. All you did was get a discount on a single engine at the expense on giving up a mech and equipment.

Unfortunately I feel this is going to be the unavoidable nature of the 50% CB sales . Even if PGI takes old crap stock variants of mechs, the discounted mech price will (I dare say) always end up less than buying that mech engine by itself. Look at the Locust V1 (?) that was on sale. That mech was a meager 700k, but the STD160 that comes stock with it is 981,200cb. It’s a manufactured flaw in the system, the math doesn’t change. It’s nothing PGI specifically did wrong to cause it’s just an incompatibility with the flat 50% off sale model. Mech prices are tied directly to the equipment included ON the chassis.

Personally I’m not bothered by my second example of buying a mech for a discounted engine, because the player IS STILL incurring a C-Bill loss. Big deal, I bought a XL 250 (4,083,333 CB) at discount, I still spent the 3,371,160CBs for it. It is wrong though to make C-Bills off the deal, so that’s just someone making sure due diligence is done properly.

I will stand by and fully support future XX% off sales, but it wouldn’t surprise me they won’t be as generous 50%. If you play with the math, you will find that sweet spot where the discount percentage will be greater than or equal to the cost of the sale mech’s engine.

Let’s look at the Locust again;

Locust-1V ---------- 1,388,242 CB
50% discount ------- 694,121 CB
30% discount ------- 971,770 CB
25% discount ------- 1,041,182 CB
STD160 ------------- 981,200 CB

So with a few minutes of simple math, that sweet spot is between 25 – 30%. Since it’s not likely to see a 26.5% sale on mechs…. A 25% off sale would eliminate the buying mechs of just for an engine discount….. IF that’s is determined to be a problem at all.

I’m hoping these c-bill sales continue though. Exploits and nit-picking aside, it is a great boon to our F2P population and really should be done more often. Sales affecting C-Bills is long, long overdue.

Edited by Darrious Quinn, 29 September 2017 - 07:18 AM.

#60 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:37 AM

Since the selling price is 50% of the buying price this should in theory work. The problem was apparently that the selling prices for the 'mechs were not correct in the first place.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users