I Feel Bad.

19 replies to this topic

#1 Relishcakes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 337 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:48 PM

So, I got home from work and i was like, "I think a match of MechWarrior is in order." so I logged on and dropped in my Cou-C. Frozen city, capture base. EZPZ. We dropped on a really ****** side of the map, city side. Right across the way from the tower side where the enemy landed.

I make the suggestion that we swing around to the right to go to a less ****** approach.
No one says anything, but the entire team shifts and starts moving that way. "Wtf they are listening?"

We start moving, at this point im excited cause they did something, but the enemy saw us move and makes a bee line straight for the base. At that point I was with the heavies/assaults across the way, the rest of alpha had to deal with it.

We got ****** hard. 12-4.

We died bad and I feel bad!

#2 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 10:51 PM

yea it happens.. I hate that mode on that map.. It favors the snipers big time

#3 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:38 PM

No time to feel bad, redrop, and improve.

#4 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:29 AM

12:4 isn't even that bad.
Come back after a 12:1 or a 12:0 loss Posted Image

#5 Tyroki

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:36 AM

There is a particular mode combination with Tourmaline where the entire left lance ends up close to the enemies right lance, which gets to fire from easy cover, while your left lance has to go through open terrain.

Canyon has the same problem, for the same two lances. All it takes is for the left lance to go left, and the enemies right lance to go right and you meet up within about 5-15 seconds depending on mech speed.

Spawn points need a solid looking at :\

#6 Paigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:39 AM

Since they followed your suggestion, it must mean noone had a better idea or an objection.
So if the best idea the team could come up with failed, well, $hit happens. Not your fault.

Edited by Paigan, 26 September 2017 - 01:39 AM.

#7 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 02:24 AM

View PostRelishcakes, on 25 September 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:

So, I got home from work and i was like, "I think a match of MechWarrior is in order." so I logged on and dropped in my Cou-C. Frozen city, capture base. EZPZ. We dropped on a really ****** side of the map, city side. Right across the way from the tower side where the enemy landed.

I make the suggestion that we swing around to the right to go to a less ****** approach.
No one says anything, but the entire team shifts and starts moving that way. "Wtf they are listening?"

We start moving, at this point im excited cause they did something, but the enemy saw us move and makes a bee line straight for the base. At that point I was with the heavies/assaults across the way, the rest of alpha had to deal with it.

You feel bad? I just had a match on frozen city/assault where most of my team was epic in their levels of incompitence.

There was a Sleipnir that did 4 damage...yes four...how?

A Madcat MKII that did 47 damage also boggling to the mind.

Three others that didn't break 150 damage

If I pulled top damage with under 300 and 1 kill (only kill) in a Marauder 5D that is painting a picture for you.

So what happened?

Well our team formed up and pushed in a decent formation.We had excellent suppressive fire keeping the enemy in cover during our approach. We actually got all the way accross some open terrain with little damage and forced the enemy to make some bad trades.

But then,when it came time to actually push and engage the enemy my team floundered and stopped in the open on an upward slope basically tripping over eachother.

My Marauder a Viper and a Shadowcat were the only three to carry through with the push. Because our team failed to engage we had our flank exposed to a counter push and predictably got steam rolled.

Serves me right for expecting any support from puggers. (except of course the two who did...cheers)

#8 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 26 September 2017 - 02:45 AM

Adapt, survive, thrive.

#9 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:08 AM

your team,lost as a team.thats a great start.if noone cried 'my team sucks' even betterPosted Image

#10 CraneArmy

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:14 AM

Dont feel bad
You made a mistake, cherish it. You have an opportunity to learn from it.
Dont waste the opportunity.

#11 Cloves

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 561 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:47 AM

Hey, at least you spoke up and tried to make the situation better. We should always thank our callers if they don't become abusive.

#12 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:53 AM

I'd like to point out the whine thread is in the archives.

While this didn't start that way, it's rapidly heading in that direction

#13 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:11 PM

Similar story, same mode, same map. I say "swing left" the team swings right and shows the enemy team their backs trying to cross the valley. They get cornered in a bad position. Enemy team crushes us and we lose. Bombast and Lighthouse were there, they know the match. Yah, I only did about 60 damage that game. But I was up against their whole team to give ours just enough time to get to some cover before they got torn apart (which was inevitable but I held some hope).

#14 Magnus Santini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 708 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:48 PM

Me and another guy failed to kill an enemy base as fast as their two mechs killed our base. We lost 10-10, it was as close as can be. With half the team watching me, my 3 remaining ER medium lasers overheated my KGC about twice. That was after I didn't follow my teammate to attack the base sooner because I was shooting at targets harassing another teammate. She died fighting a turret which was at 2% when she died. So I feel ya.
EDIT: we also would have won if I didn't shoot a rock or fail to immediately move into optimum range and did half damage.

Edited by Magnus Santini, 26 September 2017 - 12:53 PM.

#15 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:54 PM

View PostMagnus Santini, on 26 September 2017 - 12:48 PM, said:

Me and another guy failed to kill an enemy base as fast as their two mechs killed our base. We lost 10-10, it was as close as can be. With half the team watching me, my 3 remaining ER medium lasers overheated my KGC about twice. That was after I didn't follow my teammate to attack the base sooner because I was shooting at targets harassing another teammate. She died fighting a turret which was at 2% when she died. So I feel ya.
EDIT: we also would have won if I didn't shoot a rock or fail to immediately move into optimum range and did half damage.

Gotta hit O.

#16 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:30 PM

Try again.

Edited by Johnny Z, 26 September 2017 - 01:47 PM.

#17 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:20 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 26 September 2017 - 01:29 AM, said:

12:4 isn't even that bad.
Come back after a 12:1 or a 12:0 loss Posted Image

Yeah, 12:4 means your team at least put up a fight.

A 12:0 or 12:1 stomp happens when the enemy team is organized and aggressive and your team, well... isn't.

#18 Dogstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 27 September 2017 - 06:53 AM

View PostEscef, on 27 September 2017 - 04:20 AM, said:

Yeah, 12:4 means your team at least put up a fight.

A 12:0 or 12:1 stomp happens when the enemy team is organized and aggressive and your team, well... isn't.

It also happens when the team is split up into several small groups or solos and the enemy team is a massive murderball 4/5/6-1 odds makes every encounter an instant wipe

At least that's what my day has been like today...

#19 Ritz bitz

Rookie

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:42 AM

I always say it's better to have a plan and try for it, than to have 12 independent plans that just fizzle out one by one.

#20 Kazuto Kurosaki

• Pip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:13 AM

View PostRelishcakes, on 25 September 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:

Being a Unit commander and running groups, I understand how you feel. But you need to remember that everyone makes mistakes and I have had my fair share of bad calls. It happens so don't feel too bad about it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users