#21 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:50 AM

View PostFireStoat, on 23 September 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

White the Scorch remains an amazing mech, the two sets of mobility nerfs on top of the engine decouple (3 total nerfs all together) make it a very touchy mech to fight with. For those folks that like the Scorch's build and damage but can't stand being a slug, the Keeper is a much better alternative. It gives up the superior weapon convergence and top speed the Scorch has, in return for better durability, a few jump jets, and a MUCH better agility profile. It's kind of the same scenario I find myself with the Timberwolf and the Orion IIC. The Orion IIC gets worse weapon mount locations but is absolutely better in every other way (less jump jets).

I still have a Warrant TBR hero and I like it, but I find the Skoll to be so much better at the moderate to short ranged game, and it's constantly where I find myself fighting.

Yeah the two agility nerfs and the engine decoupling did hurt chassis as a hold it made it more difficult to bring as a brawler, and I seen some players turning the thing to ATM boat or some crazy build. And yes I noticed the HGN IIC hero seems like a nice alternative and capable to do the same build as the Scorch and caught my but I have the MC MKII and with the 2 being the newest clan assault brawler on the field it's really hard to justify the Keeper atm unless they boost it performance.

I do enjoy my Warrant to with 2x HLL and 4 ERML it's a good mid range skirmisher, and for the Skoll I have to agree it's a pretty nice close range brawler once you in range.

#22 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:36 AM

Love my Skoll

#23 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:13 AM

View PostJackalBeast, on 24 September 2017 - 05:36 AM, said:

Love my Skoll

And yeah the mech is really fun to run compare to the usual top notch mechs. I'm ripping apart mechs with left and right when catching them off guard.

Just had a match and saw a enemy Skoll with a bunch of assaults, I couldn't gauge it build but I was determined to find it and hunt in my Jenner.

#24 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:11 PM

View PostJackalBeast, on 24 September 2017 - 05:36 AM, said:

Love my Skoll

I actually had a lot more fun completing the event in my Skoll then I thought I would.

1 UAC20, 4 Heavy ML's, AMS, XL 350 and MASC. The rest is heat sinks. The MASC really lets you position well, peek, and get out of trouble when you've pushed too far. The HML's and a double tap on the ultra have a very similar duration and range. They sink up well!

#25 Kaeb Odellas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:43 PM

The Fury appears to be a bad mech. It's just way too big a target for machine guns to be viable. Maybe LMGs will work better with range, but constant facetime + giant CT seems like a bad idea.

#26 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:51 AM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 25 September 2017 - 11:43 PM, said:

The Fury appears to be a bad mech. It's just way too big a target for machine guns to be viable. Maybe LMGs will work better with range, but constant facetime + giant CT seems like a bad idea.

Yeah the thing need some nice armor buffs to actually make use of them but it's far from likely to happen if they're still scared of making oxide 2.0.

#27 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:52 AM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 25 September 2017 - 11:43 PM, said:

Yea haven't seem them do well at all, they might be good for Raven gimmick builds, but due to the facetime of MG's they are easy pickings. Haven't really seen the Highlanders.

#28 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,824 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:55 AM

View PostZookeeper Dan, on 25 September 2017 - 07:11 PM, said:

I actually had a lot more fun completing the event in my Skoll then I thought I would.

1 UAC20, 4 Heavy ML's, AMS, XL 350 and MASC. The rest is heat sinks. The MASC really lets you position well, peek, and get out of trouble when you've pushed too far. The HML's and a double tap on the ultra have a very similar duration and range. They sink up well!

Did you drop ferro to have space for those weapons plus heatsinks because I'm on the fence bout keeping the standard. Ferro endo combo, as i run out of space fast aftee my lbx 20 4 mpl and masc with 2 external heatsinks.

#29 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:30 AM

View PostBattlemaster56, on 26 September 2017 - 12:55 AM, said:

Did you drop ferro to have space for those weapons plus heatsinks because I'm on the fence bout keeping the standard. Ferro endo combo, as i run out of space fast aftee my lbx 20 4 mpl and masc with 2 external heatsinks.

Yeah I dropped the Ferro and still had enough tonnage for 20 DHS (15 engine, 5 external). It also has a light active probe because I had one slot and half a ton free. I'm at work, so I can't check the exact build, but this is pretty close. I couldn't find the MASC, so I put in the TCIII which is the same weight and slots.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...993b9a57826829d

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users