Idk Even What I Am Missing Out On, But I'm Still Pissed About It.

Gameplay General Achievements

30 replies to this topic

#21 Dogstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 23 September 2017 - 11:21 PM

It doesn't matter how great a pilot you are your hardware (or lack of it) provides a ceiling on your possible outcomes. People with crappy PCs that have low FPS and high ping are always going to do worse than those with better machines.

#22 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 24 September 2017 - 12:40 AM

I seriously can't believe people are playing at below 10FPS. You're not really playing, you are watching a slide show of people playing. If you use a potato setup and get to Tier 1, it's evident the tier design is very broken.

Anyway have you tried turning your firewall off? Perhaps it's using an additional port to capture extra traffic to feed the client. Also turn down all the graphics in the client and in your graphics settings. Use programs like Afterburner to ensure your graphics card (if you have one) is running at full speed, you can get hold of programs to capture freezes but they are hard to use. Also set your battery power to run at full (even if you have a PC) OR use process lasso and mark MWonline as a "game". This way you force your CPU frequency to run at max/turbo.

#23 InvictusLee

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:56 AM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 24 September 2017 - 12:40 AM, said:

I seriously can't believe people are playing at below 10FPS. You're not really playing, you are watching a slide show of people playing. If you use a potato setup and get to Tier 1, it's evident the tier design is very broken.
With the exceptions of my LRM boats, Everything I run is pretty meta, so, cant say I run potato set ups.
My PC is just aging out of the game lol. I havent made it to tier 1 yet. I actually got all the way to tier 3 and then after losing several consecutive games cause I get stuck with actual PUG potatos... my rank slid back to 5 and I've been stuck there ever since. The Teir system is really really broke, and wins/losses weigh too heavily into rank. Its really not fair since I cant really choose my team mates in quick play. anyway...

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 24 September 2017 - 12:40 AM, said:

Anyway have you tried turning your firewall off? Perhaps it's using an additional port to capture extra traffic to feed the client. Also turn down all the graphics in the client and in your graphics settings. Use programs like Afterburner to ensure your graphics card (if you have one) is running at full speed, you can get hold of programs to capture freezes but they are hard to use. Also set your battery power to run at full (even if you have a PC) OR use process lasso and mark MWonline as a "game". This way you force your CPU frequency to run at max/turbo.
I've set up my laptop to run on full power, have it firing on all cylinders. What really hurts me alot is superfetch and windows update randomly poping up and running while I'm in game. They usually crash the client. As a result I play with the task-manager always up so I can kill these crappy windows programs. I havent used afterburner yet but I really cant afford to have a melted graphics card atm. lol

View PostDogstar, on 23 September 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

It doesn't matter how great a pilot you are your hardware (or lack of it) provides a ceiling on your possible outcomes. People with crappy PCs that have low FPS and high ping are always going to do worse than those with better machines.

Preaching to the choir man... Preaching to the Choir.
To my credit, I went out of my way to get the fastest internet I can reasonably afford, and my games, when I'm able to connect, are usually pretty smooth, quick and snappy. Even while my FPS is low.

#24 Napoleon_Blownapart

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:49 AM

its a shame they buried the hardware forums, laptop players should go into their windows power profiles and make sure its set to not turn off the ethernet or wifi to conserve power.

#25 InvictusLee

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:59 AM

View PostGorantir, on 24 September 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

its a shame they buried the hardware forums, laptop players should go into their windows power profiles and make sure its set to not turn off the ethernet or wifi to conserve power.

your sig is amazing lol....

but yeah. I agree.

#26 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:29 AM

Posted Image

#27 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:47 AM

View PostNovakaine, on 24 September 2017 - 10:29 AM, said:

Posted Image

Forgive me gather for i have sinned.

My PC is a potato and so I play LRMs, but I always pester my teammates for locks. If I get to line of sight my XL stalker gets blown up. What shall I do?

#28 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:58 PM

I talked to the Almighty about your plight my son.
He said.
"Removeth thy XL and replace it with the lowly standard engine of war."
"Slow it shalt be but mighty indeed."
"And as for locks?"
"Get doth own I'm to busy right now."
This is paraphrased of course.
Posted Image

#29 DjLoodawg

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:23 PM

i'm in the same boat with the event browser. it's complete ********.
and to top it all off?
support ignored my emails.
i just don't understand why they removed the perfectly fine, working, functional web version of event tracking in order to implement a buggy untested version of it that alienates a cross section of paying customers.

#30 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:00 PM

i got a pile of crap parts from an old core 2 rig in a scrapheap that can run this game better than that.

ive built four rigs since then.

Edited by LordNothing, 24 September 2017 - 11:03 PM.

#31 HauptmanT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 378 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 11:09 PM

View PostDjLoodawg, on 24 September 2017 - 10:23 PM, said:

i'm in the same boat with the event browser. it's complete ********.
and to top it all off?
support ignored my emails.
i just don't understand why they removed the perfectly fine, working, functional web version of event tracking in order to implement a buggy untested version of it that alienates a cross section of paying customers.

Yeh it's bugging the hell outta me too. I'm not playing right this minute because of it. So damn frustrating... and frustration isnt fun.

Could be solved with a refresh or "force update" button.

Edited by HauptmanT, 25 September 2017 - 12:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users